[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the best rifle for an guerrilla war or insurgency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1456607617999.jpg (84 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1456607617999.jpg
84 KB, 500x370
What would be the best rifle for an guerrilla war or insurgency against a country like Canada or the US.
I would say a battle rifle would be the best, a battle rifle is more versatile in its effective range and you wouldn't really need to carry alot of ammunition because you would try to avoid extend firefights anyway.
>>
>>30654857
>brings a battle rifle
>doesn't even battle with it
Why don't you bring a runaway bitch rifle?
>>
>>30654857
Light, long range rifles preferably with a scope that will let you shoot and scoot. You want something in a common caliber so you can get ammo if things get bad.

Another thing to consider is a pistol in a common caliber, something to defend yourself from a close threat that's concealable.
>>
>>30654943
Kekd
>>
>>30654998
I suppose a scoped durr rifle would be pretty effective and owning it wouldn't outright give you away to the people your fighting against.
>>
File: 93a.gif (247 KB, 291x200) Image search: [Google]
93a.gif
247 KB, 291x200
>>30654857
>What would be the best rifle for an guerrilla war or insurgency against a country like Canada or the US.
>I would say a battle rifle

>Asks question with subjective yet specific answer
>Answers own question with an entire category of firearm
>>
File: CIMG1035.jpg (48 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1035.jpg
48 KB, 480x360
308 scout rifle with a variable scope
>>
an insurgency weapon ideally uses the same kind of ammunition as the enemy state's military

therefore the battle rifle for an insurgent group operating in a NATO country should probably shoot 5.56. semi-automatic is good, and lightweight is better, so we end up with an AR-15 or maybe a bolt action rifle that takes STANAG magazines. 7.62 NATO isn't really more effective than 5.56 NATO against humans. The guerilla group would do well to produce or buy a loading of 5.56 that will penetrate type III ceramic plates.

staying lightweight is important. from what I've read, soldiers in iraq had trouble catching hit and run attacks against fobs because they had to load themselves down with armor. it's true that infantry is often used to pin down the enemy until air support can wipe them out, but if the enemy can outrun your infantry then your air support or artillery won't be able to get a bead on them.

Suppressor is highly recommended. It makes it harder to locate where the shots are coming from and your guerillas retain more of their hearing so they can locate where enemy fire is coming from.
>>
>>30656325
fuck I wish there was a game where I could do this type of shit
>>
>>30655257
Well what would you suggest you stupid faggot, a battle rifle performs like a battle rifle, what difference would it make if it was an m1a ptr, or a scar?
>>
>>30656325
I would disagree that .556 and 7.62 NEATO are similar performers on humans, but the longer effective range of 7.62 would give those using it a distinct advantage.
>>
>>30656458
Phantom Pain?
>>
>>30656325
>7.62 isnt more effective than 5.56
>doesn't know what an expanding hunting bullet is
>>
A weapon chambered in 5.56x45
>>
>>30656325

In Canada you would want 7.62, thick brush means that you want better penetration in much of the country, and on the prairies engagements would be long range. Plus a guerrilla in Canada would need to worry about hostile wildlife and living off the land, which you can't do with 5.56.

Plus 7.62 is still used by the military.
>>
6.5grendel
Come at me mother fuckers.
>>
>>30656476
Practically any semi-automatic rifle in the US.

>a semi-automatic rifle performs like a semi-automatic rifle, what difference would it make if it was an AK, AR, PTR91, or a scar?

Sorry for pointing out that your thread is shit.
>>
>>30659513
The ak and an m1a have a world of difference between them along with different doctrinal application.
Semiautomatic firearms are diverse in their function and application, don't be a fucking retard.
>>
>>30659592
>The M1A and PTRh91 ave a world of difference between them along with different doctrinal application.
>Battle rifles are diverse in their function and application, don't be a fucking retard.
>>
>>30659730
Whatever you say lady
>>
File: 1444192240684.png (82 KB, 388x402) Image search: [Google]
1444192240684.png
82 KB, 388x402
>>30660778
I'll go ahead and assume that my reasons for picking the guns I did went right over your head.
>>
>>30661007
Sure man, those guns are totally different. They don't perform the same ballisticly. They don't have the same magazine capacity, or the same average accuracy.
>>
>>30661384
>Yes Anon, that did go over my head. Please allow me to further express my ignorance on all things firearm related.

Protip: when someone brings up the sameness of semi-automatic weapons and you bring up doctrine of use it's best not to move to mechanical sameness when someone takes issue with your doctrine of use argument, especially when 2/3 of your argument is focused on things that are not the rifle itself.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.