[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a civilian become competent at firearms/tactics without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 1162x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 1162x700
I mean competent enough to fight a government army or law enforcement, either as a militia or as a lone wolf. Asking for a friend who thinks the government may soon become tyrannical.

Outside of the army, where can you get this type and level of training?

I am vaguely aware of some private training companies like the one Chris Kyle had, which train ordinary civilians in weapons and tactics but something makes me skeptical about this. Would they sincerely teach a civilian everything they know, or just enough to give them a fun weekend and get paid? And also, of course a 2 day course doesn't compare to a whole boot camp.

Another option is military videos/training manuals. Of course these are accessible but you don't have an instructor to show you what you're doing wrong. Also you may not get a full picture of what information you need and may only study an incomplete list of techniques, "You don't know what you don't know".

To me the best option seems to be finding an antigovernment militia with ex military members who do training exercises for their members.

Thoughts?
>>
Hi atf
>>
>>30654093
I'm literally just a millennial who doesn't want to cut his long hair in order to enlist. That's the beginning and end of the story.
>>
>>30654106
Aka faggot
>>
>>30654106
>just a millennial
>threw "literally" into sentence for no reason whatsoever
your story checks out
>>
military training will teach you how to fight in the context of an actual military which is basically useless for you. the only thing you will be able to do as a lone wolf is sniping if you actually want to make it out alive. you can learn the art of long range shooting from tiborasaurusrex on youtube.
>>
>>30654106
>millennial
>loves his faggoty hair more than his country

Checks out.
>>
>>30654078
tell your friend that if the government becomes tyrannical, he should go and convince everyone to stop paying fucking taxes and demand snap elections, instead of dreaming up bullshit fantasies about living in an action movie.
>>
File: 1460302529899.gif (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1460302529899.gif
22 KB, 400x300
>>30654078
>>30654106
>millennial
>>
>>30654078
>And also, of course a 2 day course doesn't compare to a whole boot camp.

HAHAHAHA

If it was just a private and a personal killhat, you could get through every qual in basic in 2 busy days. You don't get taught shit in basic. Your unit will train you. And even then, you wont learn SOPs that actually work until you're actually downrange getting shot at.
>>
>>30654106
>I want something but I don't want to do any work or sacrifice anything to obtain it.

Yep, you're a millennial.
>>
>>30654196
Millenial literally defines a person who is as old as in his late 20's
>>
>>30654280
Literally
>>
You guys joke but the reality is that you are outmatched by your government unless you address this question.
>>
I dont know if all the talk about millenials is true or not, being Im 32.

What I do know is that people don't seem to want to work for their freedoms. They need to be earned.

That finger wagging being said, yes there is shit you can do. I'd recommend a firearms course. Blackwater used to run some good ones. Places like that. Midsouth. Tier one group. You can call Craft international, they're still in the game in Texas (Kyle's old company).

There you can learn combat marksmanship. Basically fighting with rifle and pistol, reflex fire, 200 meters or less. That's where I would start. Buy yourself a decent simple firearm, AK or AR pattern, and a popular pistol. Don't spend a fuckton of money on Gucci shit.

Lastly, practice. There you have it. As for military tactics, I dunno man. You'll never learn the useful shit from YouTube. At these courses I'm recommending you'll meet people from the industry. Do some social networking there. If you aren't a creeper future mass rapist terrorist Muslim BLM looking mother fucker you may meet people willing to help.

All Americans should learn this shit. Just remember. Though the second amendment guarantees your right to do this there is no legal precedence for actually legally doing it. It's a strange conundrum.

Source: 13 years army
>>
File: 1468457471598.png (555 KB, 1315x890) Image search: [Google]
1468457471598.png
555 KB, 1315x890
>>30654314
Fuck off, cut your hair you dumb ass hippie, and go get murdered by a man practicing the religion of peace.
>>
File: 1468622433808.jpg (207 KB, 627x749) Image search: [Google]
1468622433808.jpg
207 KB, 627x749
>>30654296
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
>There are no precise dates for when the generation starts and ends. Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and use the mid 1990s to the early 2000s as final birth years for the Millennial Generation.

Yes, literally, as in, there are literally millennials in this thread calling another millennial a millennial.
>>
>>30654106
>who doesn't want to cut his long hair in order to enlist
It probably looks like shit tbqf
>>
Surprise, it doesn't the much to be as competent as average military or law enforcement. They receive ridiculously little training unless and until they advance into special ranks. Even my son's training in the Marines in 2010 and my nephew's law enforcement academy training they both freely admit was nothing compared to the stuff they had already learned through some basic range time as kids and owning and recreationally shooting a couple of firearms as adults.
Just practice good form and safety, get your CCW, maybe buy a decent rifle and pistol and have a certified NRA instructor walk you through a couple hours of individualized range time. You'll be a better shooter than those who you aspire to emulate.
>>
>>30654349
Fucking millenials.
>>
>>30654078

It's not the training that makes them elite troops, it's the practice, practice, practice, drills, routines, mock-ups, and mindset.

You can be the most well trained so die on earth, but if you shit your pants and hide in a foxhole until you get exploded, you're shit.

Getting shot at sucks, and sometimes even America's elite cry like a little fucking bitch the first time it happens for real.
>>
>>30654349
Literally retarded
>>
most of the posters here are faggots. get a reliable weapon. learn every thing is to know about it. upgrade it to your needs. get in top physical condition. do this with friends "just for fun." go camping. get CHL. do not talk about why you are doing this to anyone. do not talk about fight club. just let it be your little hobby. at least 15 minutes a day. preferably 1 or 2 hours. get really good at lifting heavy things and hitting things. try to find a crew that is compatible with your values and or has more resources then you. the warlord is always upgrading his capabilities, knowledge, intel, and resources. keep plowing.
>>
File: fun in the sun.jpg (177 KB, 1194x796) Image search: [Google]
fun in the sun.jpg
177 KB, 1194x796
I wish I was a millennial. I would be young again and ripe for teenage sexy time. Instead, I'm almost 50 years old and I only shoot dust.

When I was young and in my prime, I used to do it all the time but now I'm old, my balls are cold, I couldn't get it up to save my soul.
>>
>>30654331
Bro come on
>>
>>30654359
>>30654473

This is how you answer a thread helpfully. Thanks anons. I'm going to go braid my hair.
>>
>>30654078
Join Rumford's Christian Marine corps and learn how to opperate 4th Generationally. Hope you like Boyd and van Creveld
>>
Do you know ANYTHING about firearms?
If not, you'll have to start off with baby steps.
1) If allowed in your state, take a CCW course
2) Sign up for an Appleseed Project course, or something similar. This will teach the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.
3) look for more advanced training from people like Travis Haley, etc.
There are several areas to excel in.
You can take a 5 day course covering pistol/ carbines, or a 3 day course in precision shooting.
>>
File: 13 hours delta.png (4 MB, 1875x1064) Image search: [Google]
13 hours delta.png
4 MB, 1875x1064
>>30654106
Join SOF, pussy.
>>
>>30654106
You're the reason why anyone under the age of 26 is assumed to be fucktarded
>>
>>30654328
>blackwater
So a crash course in shooting civilians, acting above the law, and demanding the surrender of US troops after you drunkenly drive into them?
>>
Where can I go to learn to operate a simple towed artillery piece without selling my soul to Uncle Sam?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.