[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me that I need a hi-cap pistol for CCW, /k/. The wadcutters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Charter Arms Bulldog.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Charter Arms Bulldog.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Convince me that I need a hi-cap pistol for CCW, /k/.
The wadcutters are my carry load. Buffalo Bore 200 grain hardcast @ ~930 FPS
They penetrate like 2 feet of ballistic gel

The reload is C.O.P 200 grain copper HP @ ~950 FPS

The Charter Bulldog slips neatly into my front pocket. Only 20 ounces, easy to carry.

Should i want more gun?
>>
>>30651564
I wouldn't be carrying hardcast wadcutters.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 197x256
>>30651564
good enough for son of sam.

but you should always want more guns.

also i know a old gunsmith who did some nasty stuff with his.
>cut off the ejector rod shroud
>cut barrel down to a inch
>take the cylinder release off.
>welded a pocket clip over the area where the cylinder release was.
>large enough to put a belt through the clip so he can wear it.
>cut off most of the metal in the grip but leave enough for a grip to seat.
>put target grips on it
>docks the hammer off

I think thats it, he also carries magsafe in it.

i dont have pics because he doesnt like people sharing pictures of his guns, he thinks people will tell other people he has guns.
>>
>>30651664
why not, they do some pretty good damage.
>>
File: Bulldog2.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Bulldog2.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>30651664

Please elaborate on why not, anon

I think a sternum hit with that round would be most devastating
>>
You got any photos of that bulldog next to something (like scalewise) I've seen these things around the past couple years, I like how they look but, it looks really damn bulky/heavy.
>>
>>30652164
This. Curious myself.
>>
>>30651712
Holy shit
Just why
>>
>>30651564

If you feel like you might have to defend yourself against multiple attackers, go with the semi auto. I love shooting revolvers more than semi-autos, but I cant justify the shit capacity to size that a revolver comes with.
>>
File: Bulldog and govt1911.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Bulldog and govt1911.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30652164
>>30652214

It fits in the front pocket of my Levi 501 Jeans inside a Mika pocket holster. I'm not a big guy, 160 pounds and 32" jeans

Other photo with smaller grips coming soon
>>
>>30652279
Oh sweet. Damnit why are you doing this to me anon I just bought a gun you think I'm made of money or something?
>>
>>30652279
Oh well shit I could deff carry one. thanks for the pics, Anon.
>>
File: Wood Grips.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Wood Grips.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
These grips are really small. Almost identical in size to Smith J frame grips. The rest of the gun is bigger than a J but significantly smaller than a 2.5" K frame.
>>
>>30652381
That frame is WAY smaller than I thought a .44 could stand up to. I like how the cylinder has groove cut outs, people talk some shit about charter but that looks a lot nicer to me than some big box names stuff.
>>
>>30652443
.44 special is a low pressure round, but I could see a hot .44spl handload blowing this gun up.

But yes I think it's a nice enough gun. Cheap, small, and big bore power. Not nearly as nice as S&W or Colt but its a helluva lot cheaper.
If i have to shoot defensively, I can count on a big exit wound. That was the selling point for me
>>
>>30651564
Around here muggers tend to come in groups of 3-4

>>30651721
>>30651772
>They penetrate like 2 feet of ballistic gel
>>
>>30652541
energy behind the target is energy wasted
>>
>>30651564
Isn't that the same gun the Son of Sam used?
>>
meh revolver are fine for CCW I'm looking hard at an SP101 with a 3inch barrel because 1) I live in northern Cali and 2) I want a bear defense gun (bears only get to around 300-400 pounds here I think 5 hot .357 wad cutters would do the trick
>>
>>30651564
>wadcutters

You should be using semi-wadcutters OP. Wadcutters penetrate well and are great for animals, semi-wadcutters simulate the effects of hollowpoints (i.e. they enter the body and tumble) and are generally quite effective on people. The only reason they're not used in semi-autos instead of hollowpoints is that semi-autos are almost universally incapable of feeding them reliably.

>>30654152
>SP101 with a 3inch barrel

I'd say go for it, but in the last "wat handgun" thread I was in the OP said that he was Califag and that the 3" .357 SP101 wasn't on that dumbass 'approved pistol' list that y'all have. I didn't bother to check so I don't know, just a heads up.
>>
>>30654263
last I checked I think I saw it if not Ill got for the 2.5in I'm leaning more for the LCR honestly I haven't owned either though and I hear about some firing pin issues with the LCR
>>
Sorry, short answer is you don't need it. Trust me, brother, as someone who owns probably too many guns. A five shot .38 airweight revolver is my go-to gun. I do keep a Beretta 92FS in the car with 4 extra mags for the really unexpected, and of course my home is well stocked for some unlikely doomsday event, plus a nice shotty with 00 by the door and an AR beside the bed in case I wake up to Red Dawn...lol. But it's mostly about having fun collecting. My S&W airweight is fine for actual pocket protection.
I would get antsy living someplace where I couldn't have that minimum...but I don't really have any desire to open carry my AR into the local mall, or keep a double stack extended mag on my person. Unless someone tells me I'm not allowed to, and then fuck you all, I want max visible firepower while walking to my mailbox or running to the corner store, just as a statement.
Seriously, though...when I'm armed enough to deal with an average attempted carjacking or store robbery while I'm buying milk, I'm relaxed. If I'm stupid enough to be going to Chicago, Detroit, NYC, or some other liberal city that wants to disarm decent people and pretend that the bad guys will be disarmed too, I'll reassess. In the meantime, the antigun libs can have their pretend security in their home turf, and I'll have mine.
>>
>>30654263
just double checked its on the roster

KSP-331X / Stainless Steel Revolver 3.06" .357 Magnum 1/1/2017
>>
>>30651712
so he bubba'd the fuck out of it
>>
>>30652256
>>30654332
not really, he modified to exactly how he wanted it and he never palns to sell it.
>>
>>30651564
You don't. To be perfectly honest, 5 rounds would be plenty for self defense.
>>
>>30655245
This, unless you're wanted by the Crazy 88's, a wheel gat is fine. Even if confronted by 3 or 4 attackers, most will turn tail and run at the sight of hollow points visible in the wheel.
>>
File: Guns & Guitars 013.jpg (121 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Guns & Guitars 013.jpg
121 KB, 1280x1024
240 gr. Keith hardcast (429421 mold) 6.6 gr. Unique (max) Have shot thousands of rounds through it...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.