[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me a REAL reason they hate glocks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x542
Can someone give me a REAL reason they hate glocks?
>>
>>30649456
They're banal. Mind-numbingly boring.
>>
File: IMG_20160715_230239881.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_230239881.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>30649456
Glock master race.

People just don't like the lack of aesthetics even though to me function ALWAYS outways looks. I have never had a single feed/eject failure

Ignore the Glock made myth

Source - have owned blocks for years
>>
>>30649456
the grips feel weird to me
>>
Out of the box they need a new trigger connector, new sights, and arguably a few other minor parts to be good. This is not a reason to hate them, but a reason they're not perfection.

They're also a $400 handgun that costs $500.
I don't personally like the grip angle or texturing either.

I don't hate them. Just don't particularly like them.
>>
>>30649487
Nah, I wasn't a fan of Glocks because they didn't fit my hands very well until this latest gen. The new 4th? gens fit my hands much better and I would totally own one now.
>>
>>30649456

Glocks are okay guns. They work. That's about all you can say about them. You can get the "legendary" glock reliability out of most any other modern production pistol.

Personally I'd prefer something that looks better and is more comfortable (cz 75, 92fs, etc)
>>
I don't hate them, however I don't naturally shoot well with them like other guns, nor do I like the shape and size of the grip. Otherwise sure man, whatever, it's a plastic semi auto who fucking cares?
>>
I find them to be too lightweight.
I think the sights are meh.
I dislike the entire concept of the trigger safety.
On that note, I don't care for the trigger at all.

I will say that I enjoyed shooting one, and that the ergonomics were pretty good, but I just didn't care for enough to buy one.
>>
>>30649456
Well ive seen a brand new glock out of the box glock explode using hornady 9mm ammo. Took the poor fuck's index finger off and trashed the others. other then that, i hate its looks, how it they feel in my hands, and its grips 92fs cant be beat for me.
>>
Because I like a thumb/slide safety and prefer not to have a round chambered without it. Also prefer not to carry without a round chambered, so Glock is out because the two are mutually exclusive. Thumb safety lets me verify condition by sight or feel, takes a fraction of a second to disable, and I'm not likely to blow out my femoral artery with a mistake that is all too easy to make.
>>
I think they're dull and the grip is different than what I like.
Also I like keeping my fingers
>>
File: Signature_Grade_Hi_Power_1.jpg (172 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Signature_Grade_Hi_Power_1.jpg
172 KB, 800x600
Because a the perfect handgun already exists.

My serious answer is they are pretty boring and not special snowflake enough, u don't hate them I respect it for what it is, an affordable,reliable and easy to use pistol
>>
File: BLU_1_grande.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
BLU_1_grande.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>30649671
*I don't hate them
Fuck this gay ass phone
>>
>>30649456
They're too mainstream for my hipster sensibilities. I've dropped television shows for getting too popular
>>
Would rather feel a 5906 in my hands, fuck glock
>>
>>30649624
wat?

git gud.
>>
The grip feels bad in my hands. I don't like the blockyness. Other then that they are fine. But I'll never own a brick grip
>>
File: 1395077576398.gif (1 MB, 229x200) Image search: [Google]
1395077576398.gif
1 MB, 229x200
>>30649456
Tried a few and they shot fine but never felt comfy in the hands so I moved on.

No hate either just not for me.
>>
>>30649456
I don't. I just don't LIKE them. They aren't handguns. They're cheap pistol-shaped objects that feel like they are made out of Legos and have triggers like cap guns. I respect their worth as tools, intellectually. But I don;t want one.
>>
>>30649456
I don't hate them, I just don't care about them. I prefer other pistols.

Specific nit-picks, they seem too fat, the stock sights are lousy, especially for the price, and by the way, the price is just slightly too high. Although it seems you can get good deals on police trade-ins.

Now what I do hate is getting shat on by raging glockfaggots for my preferences in pistols.
>>
>>30649671
That is a gorgeous Hi Power.

...and I agree with you.
>>
>>30650608
I get that they're actors and not gun slingers, but dont they movies? Like at least one action flick? They should have SOME idea of which finger is supposed to be on the trigger, right?
>>
>>30649513
same
4th gen 19 with full backstrap feels great
>>
>>30649456
>hate
Not really. I simply find them uncomfortable and ugly to boot. Of the 4 I've used the only one I could bring myself to like was the Glock 20, but I'm sure there are nicer 10mm pistols out there. If you're talking about the company itself and not the product, they haven't innovated in 20 years and produce 30 different models of the same product.
>>
if i pick up and test 2 guns and neither holds a clear advantage over the other, i'm going to go with the one thats 'cooler' and isnt the white bread common choice. i think thats human nature and doesnt have to be rationalized.
>>
I don't hate them, I just think they're ugly and blocky as fuck. I prefer the look of Hi Powers and 1911s
>>
>>30651640
name a company that has

hard mode: dont say HK
>>
they cost $200 too much
>>
There's nothing wrong with Glocks. I'm personally not a fan of striker fired polymer guns. I'd rather have a glock than an XD, but I learned on a hammer fired steel framed handgun, and I just shoot better with them. Glocks are great guns, accurate and reliable. They're just not my cup of tea. They're ugly as hell and I don't think they are comfortable, but they serve their purpose well.
>>
>>30649456
Finger grooves a shit
>>
>>30649456
People I don't like like them. Same as katanas.

They look subjectively hideous and are boring.

Overrated.
>>
>>30649456
They're ugly and uncomfortable in my hand.

And if I wanted an ugly uncomfortabl plastic gun, I would get a hipoint; they are cheaper and reliable.
>>
I just prefer hammer pistols. DA/SA is my shit. Although my Glock 20 is my SHTF go-to gun. I have a G20 at home and keep another G20 in my glovebox in my car. Huge fan of the performance of the 10mm Auto 200gr FMJ and as far as 10mm service pistols go, the Glock 20 has the other beat.
>15+1rds of 10mm Master Race
>insanely superb reliability
>simple point-click-boom interface

I even bought my dad a Glock 20SF for his 40th bday and got my mom a Glock 29 for Mother's Day last year.

Tldr: I prefer CZ-75s and 1911s but (in my personal opinion) 10mm Glocks are definitely a must-have for any firearms enthusiast.
>>
>>30649456
its fun to talk shit
>>
I don't like them for a number of reasons.

They're too light, it feels like holding a plastic toy.

They're ugly.

They have a stupid, uncomfortable grip angle and terrible ergonomics.

They have the worst triggers of any modern handgun

They do not have their chambers at correct dimensions and can turn into a handgrenade

They are over hyped. Sure, they are reliable, but they aren't any more reliable than a Sig, HK, XD, or M&P.

I also hate glock owners. Because they believe they have the end-all be-all of handguns when in reality they don't have anything better than average. (If this were 1989, they'd be right, but it's not).

I also hate them because all of their guns look exactly the same and are just different sizes. The company has no balls when it comes to risk taking or innovation anymore.

They're overpriced.

Literally everyone has one.

And last but not least, they are easier to limp-wrist than any other gun I've fired and will FTE all day long. Supreme reliability my ass.

Sorry Glock owners, you have a decent firearm, but buying just about anything else nowadays would be an upgrade.
>>
>>30649456
Ergonomics, lack of any sort of external controls (manual safeties, etc etc), and the fact that they're really not much different from other wonder-9s in regards to durability.

Aftermarket is superb though.
>>
File: file.png (647 KB, 996x710) Image search: [Google]
file.png
647 KB, 996x710
>>30649456
I dislike the aesthetics.

Glocks are very unattractive guns. Look at this thing. Aesthetically the parts don't even look like they were even designed for each other. They fit mechanically, but the whole gun clashes visually.
>>
>>30649456

I don't hate them, I just think they're kind of bland and I don't like the grip angle or trigger safety
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 789x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 789x1062
I love glocks, but like everyone said, out of the box they are trash
>>
>>30650685
They intentionally fuck it up because they are all lefties who are concerned that their show might contributing to "gun culture".
>>
>>30649456
I don't like the ergos. I can hit shit with one unless i take a bit to adjust my hand just right. They don't fit me well.
>>
File: Glock 17 Sexy makeup.jpg (459 KB, 1382x778) Image search: [Google]
Glock 17 Sexy makeup.jpg
459 KB, 1382x778
>>30649487
Glock aesthetics grow on you anyway.
>>
Mushy trigger

I like everything else
>>
>>30652834
Or perhaps they have to hold it all fucked up because it has no real recoil.
>>
I own a Glock, but I'll admit they're pretty ugly and the pig nose really bugs the hell out of me.
>>
>>30652869
1) They could hold it any way they damn well please.

2) There are countless other TV shows and movies where actors and actresses don't hold their guns like COMPLETE retards.
>>
>>30652898
but I mean if they didn't hold it all fucked up it would look like there is no recoil
>>
>>30653222
The fact that there are plenty of tv shows and movies which aren't this bad cause me to seriously doubt that, to say the least.
>>
>>30649456
Ugly.
Bad for lefties.
Overpriced.
Seriously why does the finish have to be so ugly?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.