[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on dual wielding SAA's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 500px-MGS3ColtSAADual.jpg (15 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
500px-MGS3ColtSAADual.jpg
15 KB, 500x265
Thoughts on dual wielding SAA's?
>>
>>30649109
For cosplay it's fun to be stupid. In real life it gets you killed
>>
File: Revolver_Ocelot.jpg (69 KB, 848x797) Image search: [Google]
Revolver_Ocelot.jpg
69 KB, 848x797
>>30649109
>Revolver Ocelot?

Revolver Ocelot.
>>
>>30649109
About as dumb as duel-wielding any kind of handgun.
>>
File: 1464864467003.gif (179 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1464864467003.gif
179 KB, 540x336
Pretty good.
>>
Dual-wielding the greatest handgun ever made? Genius!
>>
Unless you're Ocelot it's stupid.

A slightly better idea might carrying two and pulling out the second one after emptying number one.

And in that case you could just use a pistol with proper magazines.
>>
>>30649205
Wrong
>>
>>30649256
Revolvers are cooler.
>>
>>30649256
That was a popular tactic in the days before cartridge pistols. Blackbeard was known to carry half a dozen flintlocks on himself when doing boarding operations, and I feel like some legendary Wild West figure kept two 1851 Navy revolvers on hand, swapping them out after one was empty.
>>
File: laughing queers.jpg (298 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
laughing queers.jpg
298 KB, 600x456
>>30649157
>He doesn't like slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber
>>
>>30649339
Civil War cavalry men would carry as many revolvers as they could get their hands on. I've seen a portrait of one officer with at least four revolvers on his person.

You can't exactly reload a cap and ball revolver in the heat of combat
>>
What about duel wielding machine pistols in a banzai charge?
>>
>>30649339
That legendary "Wild West" firgure was James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickok.

He would also shoot and reload his 1851 Colt Navies every morning because he knew that the temperature falling through the night left a possibility of condensation in the chambers, making the powder damp.
>>
I see it being useful at very short range to a either very well trained or on the opposite panicked operator, when number of stopping shots before clic! is more important than theorical accuracy.

Like ef I was engaging accross a street I don't even care if it's a lever action, but around a corner in my house I would happily dive/rush and cylinder-dump dual .357 in the average direction of the door.
>>
>>30649109
It lets you have TWELVE SHOTS
>>
Dual-wield shooting is by and large useless, there's only a handful of people who've every pulled it off. This guy was one of them
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Solonik
>>
>>30649525
+1
>>
>>30649355
>Four revolvers on his person.
And suddenly my pants are gone.
>>
>>30649157
>He probably needs more than six bullets to kill something that moves.
>>
>>30649200
>Name field isn't Revolver Ocelot
you dun goofed
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.