[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SEND HELP!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1344555301301.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1344555301301.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
Hey /k/. Relative newfag here.
Just finished the meat of my lr308/ar10 build and now I'm looking for accessories.
>Namely, a bipod. I've decided to go with a Harris HBLMS (unless anyone can convince me not to).
My question is how tall should the legs be? Should I go with the 6"-9" or the 9"-13"?
>this will be my primary shtf rifle
>I will be using it on both flat and mountainous terrain
Also if you guys could recommend more stuff to spend my hard earned money on?
I need:
A sturdy vertical foregrip
Scope (thinking of going with a Vortex Viper pst 2.5x10x32 ((should I go mrad or moa?)) but convince me otherwise)
Flashlight (an anon told me once that a push button light mounted at 10 o'clock might be the way to go) just need some brands and models plz.
>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1443147351127.jpg (131 KB, 1280x904) Image search: [Google]
1443147351127.jpg
131 KB, 1280x904
Bump. C'mon guys. No gearfags have anything to contribute?
>>
File: 1467350854986.jpg (390 KB, 2048x1525) Image search: [Google]
1467350854986.jpg
390 KB, 2048x1525
Reddit was right, /k/ really is /noguns/
>>
>>30647887
Your only option is multi bipods.

Shooting of hills and mountains you need a 9-13" for prone shots but really you want a stilling height bipod for down the hill shots.

I regret having only taken a 9-13 with me on my last hill country hunt.

Tldr buy a few. Or buy an atlas and some extention segments.
>>
File: Baby-Spoon-Feeding.jpg (15 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Spoon-Feeding.jpg
15 KB, 300x200
Try more sad insults, that always gets you help.
>>
If you can really only get one get the 6-9" one.
You can always drag up a rock to get more height.
That's easier than digging a hole for the taller legs.
>>
>>30649229
Let's see this 308 noguns.
You've made this
>do my research for me thread
multiple times now and haven't posted your rifle.
>>
File: 20160707_220120-1.jpg (3 MB, 2005x2494) Image search: [Google]
20160707_220120-1.jpg
3 MB, 2005x2494
>>30649719
Here it is.
Need alot of work
>>
>>30647887
>>30650179
Spend your hard earned money on a personal trainer and life coach to help you lose weight and find the confidence to make your own decisions ion life.
>>
>>30650220
>wanting peer consumer reviews on products which feed my healthy hobby is somehow wrong
K whatever
>>
>>30650179
Looks like you've got room for both the 6-9" and 9-13" bipods on that handguard, you should pick which one you'll primarily want to use during SHTF because your secondary bipod will force you to use your rifle upside down. Just use your grip as a rudimentary sight, it's an approximately 200 moa bar so adjust accordingly.

Scopes and flashlights are good combos, it's always good to know which hair follicle you're aiming at during a home invasion. Try to go for ones with blackheads forming.

A sturdy vertical foregrip is always more desirable than a wobbly one, but the market is pretty saturated with wobblers these days so good luck finding what you're after.
>>
Try asking in the gear queer threads
>>
>>30647887
Spend the extra dollerinos to upgrade to at least the Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP, it's the best of the sub-Razor scopes that Vortex offers, 4x is not going to be notably slower than 2.5x at close ranges, and you'll appreciate the extra light gathering of the 50 mm objective lens. I like MRAD better than MOA, but that's a pretty subjective choice. I think that the math for MRAD is simpler, but some if you've learned MOA previously, there's not much point in changing. Make sure you get a FFP scope if you intend to use subtentions at anything other than max magnification.

Get a handstop, foregrips are dumb.

Don't mount a bipod, they are trash weight on a rifle you evidently think you're going to get tactical with. What you should do is carry a set of telescoping shooting sticks that are tall enough for you to use between sitting and standing, and then use a pack or bag to support your front when prone.

Or if you insist on mounting a pod, pick the height that is comfortable when straight prone, and choose the one that's has a minimum height closest, and then carry shooting sticks for out of position shit.

Make sure you get one that locks firmly in place.

Do you want a light powerful enough to spotlight deer with, or do you want a light that isn't going to blind you with reflection flash when you turn it on to see who's creeping in your hallway?

If you want both, you need two lights.

Do you intend to ever get night vision?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.