[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm buying an AK tomorrow k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: DSC00357 (2).jpg (143 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC00357 (2).jpg
143 KB, 640x480
Here are my choices:
A) underfolder, wood forearm, parkerized finish. Seller says its made in USA
B)CAI/Zastava new in box, underfolder
C)Romanian with full wood.
All are same price.
If none of these are good, where can I buy a good AK? Which mfg?
>>
File: poly3.jpg (497 KB, 1024x664) Image search: [Google]
poly3.jpg
497 KB, 1024x664
>>30645038
pick the zastava or the cigur romanian

throw the usa made in the trash
>>
Pick the Zastava, the Romanian AK is not as reliable.
Source: spoke to an actual Kebab remover.
>>
>>30645038
Can a wood or plastic stocked AK be converted to an underfolder?
>>
>>30645334
Does the zastava have a chrome lined barrel? I didn't ask or look.
>>
>>30646692
Don't shoot corrosive, and if you do clean your gun.
>>
>>30646765
Is Tula ammo corrosive?
>>
So my best friend's uncle was a commander of 600 a man spec ops team in the Serbian invasion of Bosnia back in the day. He went 30 days without touching his AK up, daily gun battles - the shit was so rusted that on the way out someone from a different country asked to handle it to see if it even functioned. And of course it did.

He had one of the Zastava's you're describing - I surprised the shit out of him by owning one myself. It's a reliable tool, but make sure the sights are lined up before you buy it - a small group of people noticed issues in early batches.

I love the NPAP underfolder, it's a fun fucking tool and it's quite concealable. It was designed for paratroopers / elite soldiers so I see it as a nice piece of fucking history. It shoots damn well too, I can hit a steel plate up to 150 yards no problem, no zeroing needed as it is done out of the box.

The underfolding stock's button is a bitch but work it like crazy, play with the weapon, get to know it. My only complaint is that the bolt catch on the safety sometimes collides with the stock when it's folded under and it does cause a little issue with trying to bring the stock back up.
>>
>>30645306
I need to buy poly furniture for my wasr, it is so much better than the shitty wood century includes now days
>>
>>30647504
>s Tula ammo corrosive?

No. Usually corrosive ammo is generally surplus stuff, like what comes out of spam cans.
>>
>>30645334
You realize that Serbs are so ultranationalist that they would eat their own shit if only to prove that it tastes better than gypsy or kebab shit. The N-PAPs have an issue with a short recoil spring. O-PAPs are the one everyone wants. The best AK is one in spec. The features, finishes and most importantly, the price are all things that you have to carefully consider. Chrome lined barrels have a better barrel life than a cheap barrel. The actual difference is debatable, but if you want it, make sure you know what has it.

The most important thing is don't fucking buy IO or a C39v2. They cost as much as WASRs and M70s, but are gambles best not taken.
>>
>>30645038
romy with wood
>>
>>30646672
yes with some smithing
>>
File: IMG_20160715_022633267.jpg (2 MB, 3771x2120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_022633267.jpg
2 MB, 3771x2120
>>30648459
Same, pic related is mine right now, I love this furniture but I love to accessorize and I want to be able to have a flavor of the month kind of thing when I go shooting with my buds.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.