[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beretta CX4 storm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: cx4storm_zoom002.jpg (22 KB, 840x256) Image search: [Google]
cx4storm_zoom002.jpg
22 KB, 840x256
Hey /k, I am new to this board, and wqs wondering on what everyones opinion on the Beretta CX4 storm would be? I live in Canada and i found out despite it being semi auto with a 10 round mag its non-restricted. I think this would be a fun range gun. Opinions?
>>
>>30644822
They're pretty neat. Especially if you have a PX4 to share mags with it.
Ain't any better gun for killing toasters
>>
>>30644838
The PX4 Is the pistol that the rifle is built around right?
>>
>>30644860
Really just the magazine and a few pieces in the trigger.
Which is a downside, because as much as I love the PX4 and CX4, the trigger is kinda shit on both.
The rest of the carbine is a pretty basic blowback design.
>>
>>30644822
it was used to shoot up a school once
>>
>>30644822
It's a pretty neat pistol carbine. Worth the money.
>>
File: Beretta Storm CX4 9mm Carbine.jpg (116 KB, 1022x504) Image search: [Google]
Beretta Storm CX4 9mm Carbine.jpg
116 KB, 1022x504
>>30644822
They're pretty good carbines, even if you only can have 10rd mags (hell, in your case, you can have 10rd mags over 5rd mags, and that's the real boon here!)

I would recommend for a self-loading centerfire plinker, it'll do for self-defense in a pinch too. They can also be converted to left-handed use when disassembled by just flipping some parts around.

Put a shroud over the barrel and it looks a bit cooler (IMO).
If you attach two magazines together at the bottoms you should have 10+10+1 capacity if you practice those reloads (eject mag and flip it), which is pretty good.

>>30644860
Not quite, the PX4 is a short-recoil pistol (with a rotating barrel), the CX4 is just a blowback carbine (although that doesn't make it bad)
>>
File: beretta-cx4-4.jpg (461 KB, 1404x552) Image search: [Google]
beretta-cx4-4.jpg
461 KB, 1404x552
Hey OP, I have one in 9mm. They are fucking cool. Trigger is a bit horrid, but thats about all i can say about them I dont like. I have put a magpul MOE foregrip on it, and a Vortex red dot. They are super reliable and digest any ammo you throw into it. With a can they are very gassy and you do get a bit of shit thrown at you.

Theres a few variants, which take different magazines from different Beretta pistols- I have the one that takes M9 Mags. Not sure if that is a consideration.
>>
>>30644907
Yah i looked into that. Somewhere in Quebec back in 06 if i recall correctly
>>
>>30644822

>Eats everything
>.45 acp +P could stop a french truck
>easy clean/disassemble
>excellent sight picture
>rails for days, plus a collapsible hidden rail
>can be fired lefty from a motorcycle with ease
>>
>>30644999
>.45ACP +P
I don't see why anyone ever bothers with that shit.
>>
>>30645119

Some of those loads get a major boost from a long barrel. In a 3in barrel +P is meh. 230gr at 2350ft/s is pretty sweet.
>>
File: cx4.jpg (484 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
cx4.jpg
484 KB, 1280x960
I've owned dozens and dozens of guns over the years and my Cx4 is in my top three favorites and is one of the most fun guns I've ever shot. It's ugly but it's super comfy, it drips quality, its accurate for what it is, and it's 100% reliable and eats anything and everything I put through it be it expensive or cheap of FMJ or JHP.
>>
>>30644822
I wish there were wood stock options for the cx4.
>>
>>30645223
Yeah but you can't even hotrod .45ACP very much at all, the brass is flimsy as shit.

Also you're not stopping a truck with a pistol caliber carbine.
>>
>>30645314

holy dam that would(no pun intended) be sexy. front grip might be easy to do, but the stock/receiver would be a bitch to make.

I would varnish mine so many times I could blind people with the shine.
>>
>>30645325

I don't care about reloading, steel is good too.

And as far as trucks go, no it won't stop one, but tires passengers radiator gets wrecked.
>>
>>30644822
Overpriced, underperforming, like most pistol caliber carbines.
>>
>>30644822
Love mine. I have a 9mm set up for 92fs mags to match my pistol and use 30 rounders because I'm in freedomland. I shoot it at 50 and 100 yards all the time and Beretta says they'll eat +p and +p+
>>
File: cx4_brokedown1.jpg (25 KB, 472x184) Image search: [Google]
cx4_brokedown1.jpg
25 KB, 472x184
>>30645393

yup, it is a PCC. Has always been. However it is a sweet PCC.
>>
>>30645393
This. I had an opportunity to shoot a CX4 and I loved it, but for the price you can get a basic bitch AR that is far more versatile. Only PCC I'm remotely interested in would be the Kel-Tec or Hi Point.

That said OP is Canadian, and if you could get it at a better price then any reasonable rifle it isn't bad.
>>
>>30645430
It's a gimmick, good for cylons tho.
>>
>>30645436
>>30645440
Looks like the poorfags have showed up
>Fox and the grapes/10
>>
the stock needs wells to hold spare mags.
>>
>>30645457
You can buy a buttstock mag holder for it. It looks cool but the idea doesn't work half as well a you think
>>
>>30645456
>muh muh gun is an expensive piece of shit
>everyone else must be poorfags defense
1/10 replied apply yourself next time
>>
>>30645393
>boosts 9mm Luger loads to near .357 Magnum velocities
>low recoil
>cheap ammo
People always look at PCC from too practical perspectives. These things are fun as all fuck.

>>30645477
>functions perfectly well
>fair enough pricepoint
>pistol mags
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>30645690
>boosts 9mm Luger loads to near .357 Magnum velocities
>thinking that means anything useful
Poor fellah.

>low recoil
So is an AR

>cheap ammo
So is surp 5.56

>fair enough pricepoint
Not at all

>pistol mags
And?
>>
>>30645736
>thinking that means anything useful
Why do you look at everything as utility? Can't something just be for fun?

>So is an AR
Restricted in Canada.

>So is surp 5.56
Louder and makes for a bigger gun overall.

>Not at all
Affordable to me.

>And?
Don't have to buy a new set of mags if you already have a Beretta pistol?
>>
>>30645770
>Why do you look at everything as utility? Can't something just be for fun?
Absolutely, I don't want anyone to think I'm a no fun guy, you like a gun, you buy the gun, your money your rules.

Pretending it isn't shitty compared to more practical firearms and prices? Cmon now.

>Restricted in Canada.
Well doesn't have anything to do with the capability, I mean shit an SKS done up is more useful even.

>Louder and makes for a bigger gun overall.
Are you kidding? You realize you can make an AR that's more compact in every way than a Cx4 right? And put a suppressor on it?

>Affordable to me.
Has nothing to do with comparable PCCs which are around half the price and performing the same.

>Don't have to buy a new set of mags if you already have a Beretta pistol?
And? What a stupid argument point, it doesn't have proprietary mags, grats, join a massive portion of the consumer market and give yourself a gold star lol.
>>
>>30645736
>it's too expensive!
>it's not useful enough for me!
.t autistic poorfag
>>
>>30645803
Okay, what are its uses? What makes it so expensive?

I have an AR that costed twice as much and is infinitely more useful lol.
>>
>>30645393
you don't seem to get it

there is always one of you in these threads
>>
>>30645825
>thinking I care what a nobody tripfag says
Wat lel
>>
>>30645825
This

Every single pistol caliber carbine thread there's always at least one person who comes in with PCCs ARE USELESS JUST BUY AN AR PCCs ARE EXPENSIVE AND SHITTY JUST BUY AN AR WHO CARES IF THEY'RE FUN THEY'RE GARBAGE JUST GET AN AR
>>
>>30645860
>muh SBR
>muh 223
>muh energy is the same

exactly
>>
>>30645860
Well to be fair, they are shitty in comparison, and expensive for what they are. Don't see why you have a thin skin about it, you like an inferior gun like, what the fuck.
>>
>>30645915
I think what gets me is that they always insist on comparing it with an AR or AK.

Like, fuck, I'll get a fucking Uzi or HK94 rifle if I want, I like collecting and shooting these things.
>>
>>30646125
Again, that's fine, have at it. But when I buy a Hi-Point I don't expect people to find it useful, and when you buy a glorified Hi-Point that looks and feels nicer, don't expect people to share your opinion on it.

The reason it's compared to an AR is because it costs as much, I mean, shit it costs more than a run of the mill AK, also a more capable weapon. You made your purchase, live with it, and live with the laughs.
>>
>>30646143
Hi-Point carbines work but they're heavier and not nearly as nice in quality.
>>
>>30646312
That's what I mean, the difference is superficial, and you're looking at a 600 buck price increase.
>>
>>30644822
Despite being "non-restricted," what bullshit do you have to go through to own firearms?
>>
>>30646321
You seem to be under the impression that Cx4s are $800+ guns

They can easily be had for around $600. I bought mine new with five 15 round mags for $550 shipped in August. At that price it was a great deal and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
>>
>>30646377
Op here. You need a hunter safety and a firearms licence. Its not very difficult with a clean criminal record >>30646377
>>
>>30646377
In Canada? A regular PAL is just applying for one, going through a course, not being too crazy, and you'll be good to go, if you actually have a PAL you're not too bad off, you can have some shit which is restricted in some countries.

You couldn't saw off a shotgun, but you could buy a factory shorty with a stock and that's A-OK, hence the popularity of these Grizzly babies (Chinese 870 clones, some models which take detachable 5rd box mags).

RPAL is another story, but it's hardly impossible, I know people who got it.
>>
>>30646505
Please do link? Otherwise, that's anecdote, and disregarded.
>>
>>30646571
>>30646590

>PAL/RPAL

It sounds like a PAL, practically speaking, isn't too much more burdensome than a background check, except a US background check (by law and in theory) isn't permanently recorded.
>>
>>30646747
Sort of, except they make you do a course and you only have to do it once.
>>
>>30644822
Don't bother, it just doesn't seem to make people dead enough. Even lousy french people, with their disastrous shortage of designated shitting streets!
>>
>>30644907
School must of been full of cylons
>>
>>30646747
It also means we get guns mailed directly to our house instead of an FFL. Which is great when the tiny mail lady hands me a huge package, smiles, and tells me to have fun.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.