[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
standoff with guns drawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: reservoir-dogs-mexican-standoff.jpg (97 KB, 1200x805) Image search: [Google]
reservoir-dogs-mexican-standoff.jpg
97 KB, 1200x805
Do standoffs like this ever actually happen in real life?

What's stopping one of them from just shooting the other in the forehead? Would the one who got headshot automatically pull the trigger as he dies (just from nerves) and kill the one who shot first?
>>
>>30642252
Two weeks ago, about 17 days, I met face to face with an armed robber. We were facing down each others' barrels, wondering who would fire first.

I talked him down and convinced him to turn himself over to the police and everything went well.

Now here's the truth - some guy broke into my mother's house and I shot him dead.

Stop pandering to the leftist fantasy that guns are the problem. Guns SOLVE the problem.
>>
>>30642303

real fucking interesting, anon, but your little story has fucking nothing to do with his question.
>>
File: dunce.jpg (11 KB, 210x234) Image search: [Google]
dunce.jpg
11 KB, 210x234
>>30642317
>Do standoffs like this ever actually happen in real life?

>Do standoffs like this ever actually happen in real life?

Go stand in the corner, dunce.
>>
>>30642317
He answered it dumbfuck.

First he explained the situation as if he were in a movie, then he explained what happens in real life when people freak out and pull guns on each other.
>>
>>30642252
My post will be as good as pulling shit from my ass, but I've seen on some youtube videos and television docos that so long as the guy dies instantaneously, there'll probably* be nothing to worry about.

*[spoiler]How lucky do you feel[/spoiler]

Other than that, it's basically shut up and shoot the guy if he starts talking as he's now not fully concentrating on killing you back
>>
>>30642252
No. If you ever found yourself in this situation you fucked up in the first place and should immediately rectify it by emptying your magazine into the other person's chest and/or face until they are not a threat or you are dead.

It probably happens in third world countries or ghettos with hoodrats who would point guns at each other like people pushing each other in a bar fight, but you are not one of those mouth breathers, are you?
>>
The cold war

/thread
>>
>>30642360
Finally, an actual American.

Yes. This is correct. This is reality.
>>
File: taxi driver did it right.webm (3 MB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
taxi driver did it right.webm
3 MB, 1280x694
My number one pet peeve in the movies is when someone has their gun drawn on a bad guy, yells "freeze" (or something), and then proceeds to let the bad guy draw their gun as well without killing them first. Then they proceed to have one of these ridiculous standoffs

In any kind of a possible real-life shootout, you should always drop anyone who even starts to point a gun at you.
>>
They HAVE happened, though it's not very common. Usually the fight or flight reflex kicks in when they don't have any kind of training, and when they do, that kicks in.

There was a video a while ago of a woman cop or security guard, forget which, and some criminal who have each other at gunpoint, and they're just kinda circling one another for a little bit. Wish I could find it, was some security camera footage.
>>
>>30642399
No fucks given, threat down and weapon secured. Yup, he did it right.
>>
>>30642399
A mother shouldn't have to fear for her son's life whenever he robs a gas station
>>
>>30642420
lol
>>
>>30642411
I'd like to see that video just to understand how it can even fucking happen like that. Is anyone shot by the end? I assume it occurs when both people are too pussy to pull the trigger and too stupid to realize that they will die if they don't
>>
>>30642252
Had a standoff with afghan troops we overheard talking about shooting us in the back. All guns slung, standing face to face waiting for each other to make a decision. They didn't shoot, so we didn't.

Had they raised their weapons it would have been game on without hesitation.
>>
not a surveillance video, but I found an interview where a lady describes an armed standoff like this that she had with US Marshals who were raiding her home (I guess they got a bad tip about a fugitive or something). I guess she didn't shoot because she's a woman/they said they were cops, and they didn't shoot because she was not their target and they maybe realized they got the wrong place.

https://youtu.be/sDoJQHxlPQ4?t=34
>>
>>30642399
I was afraid he would maybe miss and hit the store clerk.
>>
>>30642532
Story please, that's sounds interesting, glad you made it back safely bro
>>
>>30642303
>Stop pandering to the leftist fantasy that guns are the problem

What OP did you even read?
>>
>>30642532
GAF

Obviously, you were not Infantry. Bravos would have melted the entire compound then asked, "what?"
>>
>>30642532
>afghan troops
Are they as bad as we hear they are? Everything I've heard about them, from vets and aid workers, has indicated that they're extremely inept, disorganized, and totally incapable of holding the country against the Taliban (and now ISIS) if the US ever leaves.
>>
>>30642558
If you haven't seen Taxi Driver, you really should.
>>
Yes the video of the guy robbing the store cashier whos white and the white cashier guy pulls his gun and points it in the robbers mouth they argue and the robber leaves
>>
>>30642661
Alright, got it down in 8 min.
>>
File: 1373542988622.jpg (127 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1373542988622.jpg
127 KB, 424x470
>>30642661
>guy buys gun
>salesman calls a magazine a clip
>>
>>30642252
>Would the one who got headshot automatically pull the trigger as he dies (just from nerves) and kill the one who shot first?

Of course he should just go limp and not shoot if he is killed instantly, but you really never know what will happen. And if he is *not* killed instantly, there is a 100% chance he is going to pull the trigger and you will be fucked

I have seen footage of some Mexican hostage rescue incident where they just shot the guy in the head with a sniper rifle while he had a gun to a womans head, and he was killed instantly. He never pulled the trigger and the woman got away.
>>
>>30642485
I forget if anyone is shot. Again, it's been a while, but I recall them basically bumping into each other, the woman was looking for the guy and they both got surprised around a corner, circled with guns pointed for a little bit, then ended up at different positions of cover and broke contact.

Been tryin to find it but "woman standoff criminal" comes back with varied results lol.
>>
>>30642399
>that tulammo shirt

Do want
>>
rarely
>>
>>30643381
This reaction image became a million times funnier for me when I found out what the source is.
>>
>>30643891
How can you shoot guns when you can't even read your computer screen?
>>
>>30642252
Only between retards. And no. Once you have a reason to draw you have a reason to unload, waiting for him to shoot first would be braindead.
>>
If you draw the gun on someone you use it to either shoot him or scare him into doing what you want. If you see someone else draw his gun he will shoot you because you just pointed a gun at his face. So naturally you unload first. If someone else has a gun and doesnt want you to shoot him he would rather tell you with words to calm down, not draw his own gun.
>>
>>30642252
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmwY9yi_LqE
At 15:25
>>
File: mex standoff.jpg (18 KB, 416x231) Image search: [Google]
mex standoff.jpg
18 KB, 416x231
why do they call it a "Mexican standoff" when there are more than two parties involved?
>>
File: Canadian standoff.jpg (37 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
Canadian standoff.jpg
37 KB, 500x273
>>30650528

Because Mexicans are devious little goblins who will betray you at the drop of a hat.

Better than a Canadian standoff though...
>>
>>30646676
you gunna spit it out? I've never seen it before
>>
>>30642399
>He actually contemplates if he wants to get an oatmeal cookie also, for the road.
>>
>>30650528
>more than two parties
or it can just be two parties as well
>>
File: duh_hur_hur_hur.jpg (96 KB, 600x501) Image search: [Google]
duh_hur_hur_hur.jpg
96 KB, 600x501
>>30642303

>I'll take things that never happened for 500
>>
wouldn't the person who drew first just shoot the 2nd as they went for their gun?

Even if they were not intending on shooting the 2nd person, they reach down and start drawing I'd imagine most people would mag dump
>>
>>30651771
It's from Yotsuba
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.