[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protection Dog AMA.... >Im a decoy working with an experienced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 20160716_135633.png (2 MB, 1420x846) Image search: [Google]
20160716_135633.png
2 MB, 1420x846
Protection Dog AMA....

>Im a decoy working with an experienced training outfit.
>>
>>30637907
What should I eat for work tonight?
>>
>>30637928

Protein will keep you awake.
>>
Help, PSA is full of white trash but Schutzhund is boring as shit, what do
>>
>>30638551

Try find a PSA club that isnt just a bunch of niggers or rednecks scaring dogs into biting.
>>
I found the only good PSA club it's all the trial decoys and "personalities" that are gross.

Also PSA above level 1 really fucks with the dogs drive I'm switching to mondeo to stomp all the bored housefraus once I get my 1
>>
>>30638751

Yep, I work for a training centre on a ranch so we dont deal with that crap.
>>
Would you clear the room for a scooby snack?
>>
>>30638751

Whats your dog, the only mondio club I have visited was all bulldogs and bandogs.
>>
>>30638959

No, the dogs dont work for food.
>>
File: anon.jpg (458 KB, 960x957) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
458 KB, 960x957
>>30638963
>>
>>30637907
I have two rott puppies, one male and a female. The female seems to have a solid protection instinct (she'll bark at door knocks, shadows at night, seems fearless). The male is a really big sweetheart and doesn't act skittish, but doesn't really act guard-ish either. They're 7 months old now, btw. Will he grow into being a guard? Or should I expect him to stay a big sweetheart?
>>
>>30638583
>Try find a PSA club that isnt just a bunch of niggers or rednecks scaring dogs into biting.
So thats why in a lot of YT videos the guys look like ex cons and or niggers used to hype the dogs
>>
>>30637907

How do you know your dog will kill for you if you're attacked?

I've got a half Dane/half Pyrenees female. 2yo. Perma puppy. Spoiled rotten. Doesn't understand violence AT ALL. Dogs growl and bite at her and she (up until recently) submitted and just went back to trying to be their giant friend). Dad has some mutt that plays with her but when she hurts the mutt it attacks her. She attacks back but usually gets the worst of it.

Have had home break-ins up here. Likely people casing our house due to suspicious car driving around. Heard a thump one day when it looked like no one was home. Dog went berserk. Hackles up from tail to crown of her head. She got her angry bark on - which sounds like the dog from the sandlot and thunder had a horrifying baby. Constantly patrolling the house with her hackles up. Would not calm down.

Would she seriously go all pyrenees and rip someone apart in that state?
>>
File: imagejpeg_0.jpg (279 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imagejpeg_0.jpg
279 KB, 1024x768
>>30639239

pic related.

She looks a lot smaller than she is in that pic, but looks a lot bigger than she actually is irl. She's all legs. But she weighs around 70-80lbs.
>>
>>30639279
two horses in the back there staring as hard as possible at dat ass
>>
>>30639022

Your female isnt guarding she is showing anxiety. Your male has a sounder tempermant and will be good to have in the home.

Your female has asserted a postion in the pack she doesnt feel you are doing, if she barks at something you need to place her in a stay and make a big deal of checking it out and giving an all clear. Praise her for the alert but let it go no further.
>>
>>30639239

Pyrenees will generally chase off a threat with a big display of aggression rather than engage in a fight but you never know.
>>
>>30639482

We have a pure bred Pyrenees on the farm. So far he's decapitated two coyotes and once left a black bear's arm on our front door (killed it with his sister).

My dane/pyrenees, on the other hand, thinks she's a blood hound. Really liable to put her nose to the ground and tune out the world when outside. I just think that were something to actually go down, she'd be the equivalent of an infant I had to protect rather than a loyal companion ready to fight to the end. But the show she put on the other day was straight up Kujo-ish.
>>
>>30639452
Thanks man! Greatly appreciate the advice and will do.
>>
>>30637928
The flesh of lesser beings and unfertilized young.

Essentially speaking, pork and eggs.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.