[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should firearm training be mandatory in public schools? At what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1449159542708.gif (1 MB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
1449159542708.gif
1 MB, 350x200
Should firearm training be mandatory in public schools? At what age/grade should it begin?
>>
What happened to the rifle programs in american schools during the 50's-60's ?

/ eurpoor.
>>
>>30631262
Liberals cried and got rid of them, because teaching safe gun handling = YOU WANT TO MAKE MY BABBIES INTO KILLER MURDER RACIST EVIL CIS REPUBLICANS
>>
>>30631224
>Should firearm training be mandatory in public schools?
Absolutely in a country where guns area a common thing.
>At what age/grade should it begin?
Literally as young as possible. I don't think pre-schoolers should be shooting real guns as part of school, but I think it'd be very healthy to teach them what to do if they find one, even if it's a simple as making sure they don't touch it.
>>
>>30631224
Should begin around age 5-6 with Eddie Eagle or similar material that overwhelmingly emphasizes "STOP, DO NOT TOUCH IT, GET AN ADULT"

At 10-11 there should be instruction on how to safely handle and unload/verify clear on most common types of firearms (revolver, semiauto, break action, bolt action, etc)
With elective instruction on basic marksmanship, taught with air rifles and air pistols.

In high school, .22LR target shooting should be an elective, with the first part of the curriculum reinforcing safety rules and safe handling practices.

Parents, of course, should have control over whether or not they teach their child marksmanship, etc well in advance of the school curriculum. The safety portion/Eddie Eagle safety stuff in elementary school should be 100% mandatory, Fuck your SJW bullshit.
>>
>>30631262
I have seen other kommandos claim that a few still exist, but they're definitely very rare now.
>>
>>30631224
God damn it Henrietta. Also yes, and at seventh grade, where it starts with basic safety, guns are not toys kind of shit, leading into trigger discipline and how to deal with malfunctions like hangfires and stovepipe jamming.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 329x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 329x366
>>30631312

Except it was conservatives who wanted to ban guns in the 60s to keep them away from black people. The NRA backed the major gun legislation in '68.

Pic related, black panthers protesting gun control.
>>
>>30631312
It's more like
>you want to let niggers learn how to use weapons?
>ban guns now
>>
>>30631427
RINOs we call them, but it wasn't only "conservatives"

The NRA is not our ally, but it has accomplished good things. The NRA, as a whole, is not pro-2A.
>>
>>30631224

With how many guns there are in the United States, I suppose schools could take a week away from the dangers of drugs and turn it into gun safety week. Liberals would throw a fit and it wouldn't happen, but I don't see any harm in it.
>>
>>30631427
Then they got their shit pushed in the Cincinnati revolt. Anyone trying to use this as an argument for anything is full of shit. If organizations can't change their positions on things then remind your democrat friends they fought hard for slavery and it was the republicans that freed them. Their party is full of hate. Honestly, liberals are racist as fuck but it's deeply insidious but that's a whole other can of worms.
>>
>>30631224
Yes, and it ought to begin at sixth grade with suppressed single shot .22s.
>>
>>30631224
Yes, absolutely.
This is the right course of action to take. Just like people should have mandatory first aid, and even fire extinguisher training. Shit happens, and people need to know how to deal with it. I'm not saying force everyone to carry a gun, in fact I would feel significantly less safe if EVERYONE was carrying a gun, but people should be conscious of the very real dangers that exist in our world and should want to learn how to handle and overcome said dangers. If we don't adapt to these issues, we will never evolve as a race.
Unlike the liberals who want to ban all ownership of firearms, lock the door, and pretend there aren't a googleplex of firearms that exist in the world that a lot of bad people could get very easily.
>>
>>30631224
6-7 there should be gun safety training (If you find a gun, don't touch it, find an adult and tell them about it)

11-12 there should be .22lr single shot rifle training at a range

13 move on up to .223 fed rifles, make this an integral part of the curriculum

14-18 shooting is an elective, if people want to they can go into target shooting which eventually goes into long distance target shooting on a state/national level.

by the time kids get out of schools they should be completely fine with guns and see them for what they are, tools.

as well i bet the military would like basic familiarity with small arms so they don't have to waste so much time getting idiots from deep blue states to not run away when they hear a gunshot. and the long distance target shooting might actually help for designated marksmen and whatnot.
>>
>>30631224
Right along with sex ed, they both do their part to prevent horrible mistakes. It would probably be the class with the fewest absences since driver's ed. If you taught all three together even better.
>>
>>30631358

My wife is from Maui (HI) and claims her high school had an air rifle team and noone cared when she carried her air rifle around to classes.

Where I'm from (GA) the cops get called if the teacher finds out you have a pocket knife.
>>
>>30631224
Is Eddie eagle not a thing anymore?
>>
>>30631224
Why did you not include Henrietta getting decked for doing that?
>>
>>30631486
>RINOs we call them
Republican In Name Only

Also known as the "No true Scotsman fallacy".
>>
>mandatory
No, but the curriculum should exist. Kids need to learn about guns from responsible adults and not movies and music.
>>
Not in America. Kids are too big of faggots to one another.
Current social structure can't even keep them from doing mass shootings let alone introduce them to firearms. Most of them will be fine, it's the ones that fall through the cracks just get all the more reason.
They should probably teach stuff like combatives so those fuckers can settle up their differences if they're around the same age/size and get a little training so it's not totally one sided.
>>
>>30631224

mandatory? no. optional? yes.
>>
>>30631224
>Mandatory
>Expanding public education
>Increasing government spending
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30631224
Yes. BB guns at age 7. .22LR at age 8.
>>
>>30631224
"If there's grass on the field, then the range is hot."
>>
desu i'd be scared to be around 95% of the people I went to highschool with if they had a gun
>>
>>30631224
The moment you're old enough to hold an AR-15 and look down the sights
So around 10-12 years old.
>>
File: 1468605395474.jpg (583 KB, 1650x1286) Image search: [Google]
1468605395474.jpg
583 KB, 1650x1286
Yes, 6.
>>
File: 1452572284804.jpg (147 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1452572284804.jpg
147 KB, 1001x1001
>>30631224 (OP)
It should be like drivers' ed.

Firearm education should be mandatory at the end of highschool.

Firearm safety, however, should be taught starting in kindergarten.
>>
>>30631224
Yes, so should sex ed and first aid.
Sex ed when I was in school happened in I think fifth grade, for us that was about right because most everybody already had some grasp of what it was.
Gun safety, First Aid, and Sex Ed should all happen then, then a more in depth first aid course and marksmanship in tenth grade. The tenth grade marksmanship course (which would involve actually shooting guns) would be voluntary, however the fifth grade course on how to handle guns, how to make sure a gun is safe to handle, how to handle a gun safely (don't swing it around and point it at people, shit like that) wouldn't be voluntary. Everyone has the potential to encounter a gun, so everyone should know the basics of how they work and how to handle them safely.
>>
>>30631398
>teach kids not to touch guns, also how to fix then when they don't work
>but not how to use them, that's silly
>>
>>30631224
If you're required to register for the Selective Service, then yes, and it should be completed by the time you are required to register.
>>
>>30631224

Let's teach what amounts to an unfiltered fucking tidal wave of age sensitive /b/tards how to kill people.

Wooo.
>>
>>30636149
did your mom deprive you of oxygen when you wre a baby?
>>
>>30631224

>Because we need more school shootings
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.