[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morning K I'm a Bong and a few weeks away from getting my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: rare_nige.jpg (2 MB, 4311x2874) Image search: [Google]
rare_nige.jpg
2 MB, 4311x2874
Morning K
I'm a Bong and a few weeks away from getting my full firearm certificate so am looking at my first rifle.

Budget is around £500-600 (already have two Hawke 3-9x56 scopes too so that will save me a few quid). What do you kommandos suggest?

Semi autos are restricted to .22LR here so bolt action will be the way to go. Found some nice nuggets for £300-325 but worried some cheeky copper will tell me bin my bayonet.
>>
Enfield's pretty cheap other there?
>>
OP I would get semi auto .22lr to start with since it's cheap to shoot, by UK standards, and with shit going on in the EU they are probably the next thing on the ban list. Although there is NO sign of that in the UK at the moment. For that much you can get a new 10-22 or Sig 522.

If not you're looking at milsurp or second hand bolt actions of the hunting variety in that price range. Unless you can somehow sleep at night knowing you've got neutered guns I wouldn't bother buying 'straight pull' rifles since they're expensive and basically a symbol of how gay we are. Milsurp and precision rifles are the most fun you can have with paper puncher bolt guns in the UK.

>>30628963
Prices are going up for nice ones. Most have been in circulation with UK shooters since they were sold out of service 50 or more years ago and commonly feature worn out bores, damaged finishes, little bubba touches, stripped threads etc. Some nicer, lower milage ones are being re-imported from places but only in small quantities and at the discretion of individual dealers.

Expect to pay £500 plus for a decent No4, the price goes up if you want an actual nice one. First No1 I ever bought was £275 with a great bore and finish but mismatched bolt. Last Enfield I bought was a virtually unfired No4 for £800. You can find deals but some dealers really hike prices.
>>
Thanks lads, I did think about a .22 AR15 or MP5 copy. I think a semi would be more fun but less useful. Probably better in the event of a happening though.
>>
>>30628822
It isn't British, but a K31 would be excellent if 7.5x55 Swiss surplus is available at a reasonable price.
>>
>>30629071
>available at a reasonable price.
No ammo is available at a reasonable price in the UK.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-11-13-11.png (655 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-11-13-11.png
655 KB, 720x1280
>>30629071
Only 7.5x55 on gun trader, no K31s but this M11 looks pretty good.

>>30629086
.22lr isn't expensive anon
>>
>>30629071
>>30629093

Just checked ammo zone, no 7.5x55 for sale.

>>30629086
.22lr 1000 rounds for £79 - that's going to last me a couple of months.
>>
>>30629093
.22lr is the biggest ripoff in the UK.
Before their happenings started a few years ago their .22lr was basically half the price of our while our centrefire rifle ammo has always been roughly 25% more than theirs.

>>30629127
>.22lr 1000 rounds for £79
Not with a semi and shooting regularly. And that's if your local Gestapo allow you to hold/buy 1000 rounds of anything at one time. Some don't.
>>
File: IG68.jpg (41 KB, 860x752) Image search: [Google]
IG68.jpg
41 KB, 860x752
these threads always make me feel proud to live in burgerland
>>
>>30629135
I generally go over every 2-3 weeks, rain (obviously) and waifu dependant. 200 rd a Sunday is going to last me 10-15 weeks. I've only got a shotty at the moment, how many rounds do you reckon I'm going to get through? Is 200 a pop a gross underestimate?
>>
>>30629154
>I generally go over every 2-3 weeks
No, I guess that would last you. I was figuring at least once per week if not 2-3 times .
>>
>>30628822

OP, it depends on what you have on your certificate or are you in the process of applying for it?

I would go for .22lr or .223. Both are good to shoot with not to much recoil and both can be had for not too stupid prices. A good bolt action .223 is fun to shoot and can go to decent distances.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.