[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G17 failure to eject
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 20160714_175828.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160714_175828.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
I shot a glock 17 for the first time today (along with a springfield xds), and it was okay. Except, we only fired 50 rounds and had a failure to eject the spent casing.

G17s don't normally do that, right?

Right?
>>
Well, they usually just explode. I'd consider yourself lucky, OP.
>>
What ammo? I've seen brand new out of the box glocks fte wolf
>>
I'm no gun expert.. but it might depend on the ammo you were using.. steel or copper?
And probably plenty of other things too.
I've had copper rounds eject no problemo, and had steel casings get jammed up more often than I'd like..
>>
>>30627071
was it tula? if it was tula its normal to fuck up occasionally. if it was real ammo its odd
>>
>first time shooting

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suspect limpwristing.
>>
>>30627071
First time shooting pistols in general or just first time with the glocknade? If the former consider you may just have been a limpwristed candyass and gun was fine.
>>
File: 1427985227592.jpg (33 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1427985227592.jpg
33 KB, 268x265
>>30627150

This.
>>
>>30627150
Probably this. My g17 has litterally never jammed and I've run the shittiest ammo through that worn out ol bitch that I could find. One of my lady friends had a g26 that would jam up on her a lot till we cleaned it (it had never been cleaned) and fixed her shooting form.
>>
>>30627150
You can get fte by limpwristing?

Also the ammo was magtech, 115 gr, brass casing
>>
>>30627168
I had only shot pistols once before, so i was probably just candyassing
>>
>>30627230
yes. with the glock. Just hold it firmly when shooting, dont let your wrists go limp with the recoil.
>>
>>30627248
You know what it just occurred to me that was my dad's fte, not mine

He's also new to funs
>>
>>30627139
Which gun eats ammo with no problem
>>
>>30627230
Yes, if the whole frame is recoiling you rob the slide of the difference in speed between it and the frame to be able to do it's job properly. If it's just barely making it back to the position relative to the frame where it should eject the spent casing there won't be enough energy to kick it clear.

>>30627270
this >>30627266
If you/dad have it happen again then focus on a good grip for the following shots, if you still get problems when consciously managing your grip to not limpwrist then it's time to start trying different ammo/cleaning the gun to see where the problem might be.
>>
>>30627150
this

my buddy shot a g17 as his first gun aswell and was getting fte's all over the place
>>
>>30627071
More than likely due to that shitty aftermarket barrel.
>>
File: skswood.jpg (3 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
skswood.jpg
3 MB, 2576x1932
>>30627071
are you using HPR?
>>
Always shocks me to find out how faggoty people grip a pistol when shooting. Grip that motherfucker, faggot. Pretend it's your boyfriend's dick. That should give you an idea.
>>
>>30627071
How many yards where you shooting at
>>
>>30627482
My boyfriends dick doesn't kick like like 357. Does yours?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.