[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when gun safety changed forever? https://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: ZoreX.jpg (122 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
ZoreX.jpg
122 KB, 1200x630
Where were you when gun safety changed forever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4gnnQViUMM [Embed]
http://www.zore.life/
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zore-a-new-generation-of-gun-storage--2#/

>inb4 overpledged
>inb4 idf
>inb4 op cant inb4
>>
shilling for idf
>>
>>30626265
>Where were you when a bunch of kikes made an expensive, retarded alternative to a trigger/cable lock and tried to pass it off as some fucking revolution in gun ownership
>>
>>30626265
Fuck you
Gun is fine
>>
>>30626265
I live alone so it's kinda pointless for me.

For somebody with kids or something it actually seems like kind of a neat concept. Probably stupidly expensive though, and must have a battery that's gonna die eventually.
>>
>Where were you when gun safety changed forever?

I don't know, that hasn't happened yet.

But the Zore seems like a very expensive solution to a small problem. Honestly their Watchdog product seems way more useful by itself. Hell, you could put it on anything, like your car.
>>
>>30626589
They say it will retail for $169. Nothing crazy, but still WAY more than a trigger lock or something.
>>
might not be bad in Canada where we have to have our shit locked up
>>
I think it's a cool product. I would not use the lock itself, but I am very interested in the watch dog.

Since my sister, who will be living on her own soon, is interested in self defense, but apprehensive about leaving a gun out without being locked and think quick access safes are shit (and most are), I think think might be for her.
>>
>>30626265
>Jerusalem, Israel
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
I don't care about the bluetooth/wifi shit, but the lock is a decent idea. If I didn't have like 3 loaded guns laying around me and I had kids I'd consider it
>>
>>30626265
>not just keeping guns where kids don't fucking touch them

My dad told me that if i played with his guns behind his back he would find out and he would beat the fuck out of me with it

I never played with his guns behind his back.

That things a gimmick
>>
>>30627005
Yeah, ok, but we can point libtards to this
>>
>>30627096
Cmon anon, you know that won't stop them.
>>
>>30627105
I know a guy who just pushes the smart gun shit and really nothing else. This probably would shut him up
>>
>>30627112
Good luck
>>
>>30626265
>https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zore-a-new-generation-of-gun-storage--2#/
Does this stop working if it loses battery power?

Also what do you have to do to unlock the panic mode?
>>
>>30626615
It isn't competing with a trigger lock, it's competing with a compact quick safe.
>>
doesn't seem bad. They did put some thought into it, it's not antigunners trying to cash in liek smartgun fags are. I do like that they acknowledge that finger print scanners suck. I deal with print scanners daily, they really do suck, so easy to fail.
>>
>>30626615
You can't remove a trigger lock as fast as this product.
Only reason I have a pistol is for protection, but I don't want someone else messin with it
>>
>>30627005
This. I was taught to put a laundry basket upside down over it and call for an adult.

The one time a pistol got left around, I did so.

Dad got yelled at for leaving it out, meanwhile I didn't end up a statistic because my parents raised me right.
>>
>>30627144
The battery lasts a year and it won't let you lock it if the battery is low.

>>30627005
>>30627170
Are you people not paranoid about other people's kids and acquaintances fucking around with your gun?

I'm totally comfortable carrying, OCing in the woods, sleeping next to a loaded gun, etc, but I always keep my guns locked up when I'm in my house.
>>
File: TAVORIDF1.jpg (171 KB, 600x701) Image search: [Google]
TAVORIDF1.jpg
171 KB, 600x701
>>30626265

watching
watching
watching
watching
>designed by "elite members of IDF"
into the trash it goes
>>
>>30626753
This and only this.

If Jews are involved count me out
>>
File: 1346722553112.jpg (96 KB, 450x456) Image search: [Google]
1346722553112.jpg
96 KB, 450x456
the charging and it flying off was a breddy cool feature
>>
>>30626654
169 bucks is almost an sks here Senpai. I'd rather buy a cheap key trigger lock and just hide the key from my son rather then pay a ridiculous fee for a meme lock
>>
>>30627206
I keep guns I don't intent to use for defense locked as well, but that's because of the key phrase "don't intend to use for defense" so those guns are irrelevant to this topic I suppose.

No, I'm not worried about other people's kids because I keep guns where kids can't access them
>>
The other thing my parents did was satisfy my curiosity and my dad said any time I asked I could see the guns, but not get them myself until I was 15 or so and home / self defense
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 281x295) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 281x295
>>30627212
I'm not gonna be anti Semitic. He sold out, not just with Israeli guns. His whole channel is just a commercial now
>>
>>30627281
Agreed. So whos any good now? Hickok has sponsers, but at least he's upfront about them I guess. Forgottenweapons is good but doesn't do current shit. Whats left?
>>
>>30626496
Fucking second post best post. My exact thoughts much more concisely.
>>
>>30626265
Probably just watching television or jerking off.
>>
not really useful

if the gun is in a spot where nobody could come and touch the gun except you, a lock is not necessary

if the gun is in a spot where another person could possibly touch the gun, put that shit in a safe so they can't steal or fuck with it. I wouldn't want my home defense gun to be gone when I need it most
>>
>>30626265

>hey guys, jews promote Anti-gun legislation in the states
>stfu you dont know shit, btw chek out this jew jewish tool that prevents anyone but yourself from using your firearm, completely impossible for anyone to tamper with because our greatest allies developed it for us goyim
>>
>>30627281
>I'm not gonna be anti Semitic.

i will
>>
>>30627253
>where kids can't access them
That place doesn't exist. I have serious doubts you left your room as a kid.
>>
This makes me wonder why we haven't seen something similar to the unlocking system already as a stand-alone lock for a cable. A really easy to use quick lock -- like a child safety cap for your guns -- is a pretty reasonable idea.
>>
>>30626265
>Communicates unlock code over bluetooth
I will literally release a zero day for this the minute I get my hands on one so kids can unlock guns.
>>
I thought the point of a safe was to keep your guns from getting stolen. One of those handgun safes with an automatic key-fob keeps your kids from fucking with it way more than this.

Also
>We made it so it can only be locked in person, but can be unlocked by an easily replicable blu-tooth transmission
>>
Imagine fiddling with that thing when you hear a window break at 4AM. Fuck nope.
>>
File: lucifer%20flipped.jpg (41 KB, 281x320) Image search: [Google]
lucifer%20flipped.jpg
41 KB, 281x320
This product is overcomplicated and overpriced shit, but what if someone made something like this out of plastic? Something like a child-safety lock fitted with a plastic cartridge. Easy to remove in a second and removes the need to lock up home defense weapons if you've got toddlers.
>>
>>30628340
So... a chamber flag?
>>
>>30628356
One that can't be effortlessly removed by a child. If there was a cheap and easy to remove (push and turn) option then there wouldn't be any reason not to have it if you've got home defense weapons and a small kid who might not grasp the severity of firearms yet
>>
>>30627281
Don't call yourself an anti-semite. Would calling the Spandau guy a retard be " anti-anglo " or even "Anti Aryan" ? Dislikes are natural anon, don't be ashamed of them.
>>
>>30628385
How about something like a really though boresnake ? You have to pull with an X amount of force to get it out. Say, 15kg. This will definitely stop the retarded and small children of using a pistol.
>>
>>30628443
It's a matter of speed and movements you need for a weapon to become live in event of emergency.

For the safety lock you:
>Retrieve weapon
>Push+Turn key
>Chamber round

For the boresnake you'd need to:
>Retrieve weapon
>Adjust or switch grip to properly remove the item from the bore
>Actually remove the bore
>Chamber round
You've also got to consider how much wear that might do to the barrel, and how it'd behave or work with rifles and shotguns. A turnkey locked chamber flag can be easily printed and made workable with pretty much any weapon -- the boresnake becomes ridiculous as soon as you consider it outside of handguns.
>>
>>30626265
>criminal breaks in
>i hear him/her break in
>spring up
>rush over to my gun safe
>enter in the 15 digit code
>first door unlocked
>roll in the 40 number code on the spinny lock
>2nd door opens
>asked a 15 minute questionnaire why i need to use my gun
>another 5 minutes of processing
>approved
>grab 9mm
>cut the zip tie keeping the magazine from going in
>unlock the trigger lock
>put in code for new safety lock
>finally get the gun locked and loaded
>turn around
>everything has been stolen
>realize i have 5 gunshot wounds in my legs
>time to put the gun back
>>
>>30627955
Except it does in any household with any sense of discipline. Bummer if you weren't raised that way
>>
>>30628811
I wouldn't be worried about my kids so much. I'd have been worried about the possibility of their friends being complete dumbasses who only know guns from cawadooty.
>>
>>30629036
As a related anecdote, something like this happened in my ms neighborhood growing up.
Her brother and a couple of his friends were at somebody's house, poking around in the attic. They found a gun. My uncle and the one kid were from hasguns families, knew not to play with it. They leave, 3rd kid sneaks back, and somehow shoots himself.
>>
>>30628211
Exactly my thoughts. You shouldn't be able to open it non-physically.
Guesses on how long it takes for someone to figure a way tob open it? My guess is two weeks after it comes commercially available.
>>
>>30628340
hey what if we just didn't have kids.
>>
>>30629138
Thats my solution.
>>
>>30626265
>shilling for smart gun retarded shit

Gov wanting to pass laws to require tech they saw in a fucking James Bond movie
>>
>>30626265
>combination lock wedged into your gun

What does this do that a safe doesn't.
>>
>>30629387
supposed to be easier to unlock

>>30629385
found the nigger who didn't even look. It's a lock, there is no identification BS like smart guns
>>
>>30626265
It's a novel concept, but no substitute for simple concealment. Don't put your gun where people would think to look, it's that simple.
>>
>>30626265
1. This is REALLY cool.
2. It does NOTHING to prevent theft of the gun.
>>
>>30626265
>"Zore, own your gun"
I already do, now keep your bullshit off of it
>>
>>30626265
if they made these for a semi auto rifle, I'd buy one for the FAL I'm building
>>
>>30626265

Seems like a nice idea, unless your kid/bad guy gets your phone first I guess.
>>
>>30628631
>Didn't even watch the vid
It's not hard to not be a faggot. You should try it sometime
>>
>>30626265
Seems smart. Would buy.
>>
I live with people who respect personal property. My parents raised me not to be a shitbag and not touch their valuables or touch a hot stove. I get an ounce of prevention and so on, but parent your damn children.
>>
File: 1338605139598s.jpg (2 KB, 127x95) Image search: [Google]
1338605139598s.jpg
2 KB, 127x95
>>30626265
Make the lock mechanical instead of electrical n i would buy one.
>>
>>30628443
>This will definitely stop the retarded and small children of using a pistol.
>retarded

have ye not heard of "retard-strength?"
>>
>>30632825
i've seen the video before, it's fucking stupid.
there's more time in making the gun dangerous than there is keeping it safe.
just but a safe, put your guns in it, lock it.
BAM insta safety
we keep making guns more safe for people who don't go around killing people
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.