[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti Lorry Defence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 26
File: Max OverDrive.jpg (43 KB, 698x325) Image search: [Google]
Max OverDrive.jpg
43 KB, 698x325
Okay /k/ I need your advice on how to protect against 4 to 18 wheeled metal boxes.

Bonus points if legal in a country with obscene restrictions on defending yourself.
>>
>>30624106
Spike strips, improvised, or not. Pipe bombs, anything explosive that can fit under it, shoot the gas tanks so that they leak gasoline, slash tries, shoot engine block, remove distributor, remove starter, etc.
>>
>>30624133
Would spike strips work on that many tyres?
>>
Truck bollards.
>>
>>30624147
Why not? Spike strips are reusable dawg, they're steel puncturing devices that stay where you set them, the truck doesnt take them, or remove them, they keep puncturing until you remove them.
>>
>>30624106
[she was a fast machine playing in the distance]
>>
>>30624133
Legalize OC of RPGs and anti tank weapons to stop high capacity assault trucks.
>>
>>30624106
Britanon, who the fuck did you pissed off?

>take plywood
>hammer nails into one side
>attached a second piece of wood
>create a kind of sandwich with the heads of the nails in the middle with nails sticking out on both sides
>have a lot more nails on one side opposed to the other
>place wood where you need
>If in grass use the second side of nails to secure it
>should do enough damage to stop truck

I have used this to discourage the neighbour's party guests from parking on my lawn. Paint it bright orange with marking paint if you want it to be obvious, if not black will do.
>>
>>30624106
How to protect self from 4 to 18 wheeled metal boxes?
Run to the sides as fast as you fucking can., then keep running until you're at least a couple klicks away.
Or you could stand there like a jackass and toss pipe bombs at it and fire off your nugget and get killed like an asshole.
>>
>>30624106
make your land inaccessible to said land torpedoes
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mudqqr9trE1rz4s4l.png (106 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mudqqr9trE1rz4s4l.png
106 KB, 500x278
>>30624106

Live unnaground.

Cannot truck if unnaground.

But aside from that there is no defence, when Truck-San comes for you, you best be ready to welcome to die.
>>
Listen to fudds and Carry a Deagle Brand Deagle in .50 AE

>Dem Thangs was made tuh punch through Engine Blocks y'know
>>
>>30624684
I thought that was .40 S&W? Or is that just against windshields and car door.
>>
>>30624706
Dogs IIRC
>>
File: based truck.png (429 KB, 900x832) Image search: [Google]
based truck.png
429 KB, 900x832
>>
>>30624711
ATF uses .40 S&W?
>>
>>
>>30624106

https://youtu.be/85nTuujMDLI

Open carry of rocket launchers
>>
>>30624727
Fuck if I know.

FBI Does though.
>>
>>30624171
fucking kids. "who made who" was playing in the background.
>>
>>30624106
Run the fuck out of the way, if it's going slowly enough to turn with you make sure you're always running perpendicular to its direction, so you'll end up circling a bit. It won't be able to follow you for long.
When you get alongside it try to jump onto the side, on the step below the door, one hand on the doorhandle. I heard some people were trying to get into the nice lorry like this. If you're not a disarmed Frenchman you can draw your piece while you're there, if you're not carrying then you'll have to get the window down or door open to get inside and kill the bastard. Bear in mind he'll probably shoot you, and he may be wearing a seatbelt so you might not be able to throw him out. Train bjj to learn how to grapple and you can control his weapon arm, disarm and choke him out before you pull the handbrake, unbuckle his belt and throw him out for the mob to enact righteous justice upon him. Check he's not wearing a bomb vest or grenades in his pocket, if he is execute him with his gun immediately.
>>
deep sand and an arresting net

pic related.

also, cut an air line. the air pressure releases the brakes, it doesn't apply them. loss of pressure means instant brake application.
>>
>>30624133
Nails work also, not as effective, but they work.
>>
Not legal, but a biscuit tin rocket launcher.
>>
File: Caltraps.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Caltraps.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>30624106
>>
File: 1465592018237.jpg (46 KB, 550x620) Image search: [Google]
1465592018237.jpg
46 KB, 550x620
>>30624706
Another endless .40 trashing.it kills people like it was supposed to do.simple
>>
>>30624106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSs2w_cyBOU

this should work.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>30624106
Three words

Tactical Assault Moose (TAM)

Used the world over to fuck shit up.
>>
Ban assault trucks!
>>
>>30625826
Mostly just Canada, some of the USA, and certain Scandinavian countries.
>>
>>30624106
40mm grenade launchers.
>>
>>30624942
>caltraps
caltrops
>>
>>30626170
>>caltraps
is that the gay version of calguns?
>>
File: 601px-XHugie_2.jpg (67 KB, 601x249) Image search: [Google]
601px-XHugie_2.jpg
67 KB, 601x249
>>30624106
>>
>>30626423
Redundant
>>
File: I am the LAW.jpg (48 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
I am the LAW.jpg
48 KB, 600x255
>>30624106
obv
>>
Ok /k/ids gather round and listen to grandpa.
Nails are basic tier. Wont really deflate fast enough, they can still steer, inertia and run flats are a thing.
Add loose tubes over your spikes to stay in the tire to deflate faster. Run flats are still a thing.

Want to stop anything with wheels nearly instant? Tow rope and drywall screws. The screws get stuck in even run flats and an axle will not move with a few turns of rope or cable wrapped around it. Couple rows of this stitched to a tarp, good to go.

https://youtu.be/n8FNR8BryR0

future weapons version.
https://youtu.be/tOrEnaDWuMA
>>
File: bond tire eater.jpg (409 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
bond tire eater.jpg
409 KB, 1024x685
>>30624106
>lorry
well in your country I believe there is a tradition of modifications of Aston Martins...
>>
>>30624841
I recognize that runnaway truck ramp,

thats on rt 40 heading down the summit towards Uniontown PA

pic related
>>
>>30624106
Metal boxes...
Our enemy fights in metal boxes the cowards the FOOLS!
>>
Shopping cart full of rebar and bricks
>>
>>30628365
We...should take away their.. metal bawkses!
>>
>>30628032
Holy fuck I know that too. I remember on a dare I took my mom's station wagon down it at 95. Fuck, never did I think anyone else would know it.
>>
>>30624133
>gasoline
>distributor

Yeah, that'll do it
>>
High capacity assault trucks should be banned.
>>
>>30624744
Is that a tactical buttplug?
>>
File: carfire.jpg (57 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
carfire.jpg
57 KB, 540x720
Ban assault vehicles.

I hereby propose a ban on assault vehicles. Banned features include :
1 : Person carrying capacity above 4 individuals. You don't need to carry that many people to go to Wal-Mart!
2 : Vehicles longer than 14 feet. Long vehicles are unnecessary for commuting and put lives at risk.
3 : Fuel tank capacity greater than 5 gallons. High capacity assault fuel tanks allow drivers to murder non stop for hundreds of miles! No one needs more than a few gallons to commute.
4 : Cruise Control. Cruise Control is just a buzzword for Automated Murder. With one push of a button, a driver can set the car to endless murder mode with no further intervention required.
5 : Reclining seats. Reclining seats make it more comfortable and easy for a driver to slaughter dozens while relaxing.
6 : High Power assault engines above 3 liters. No one needs a high power vehicle to commute.
7 : Turbochargers / Superchargers / Nitrous Oxide. These deadly assault add ons increase babies-crushed-per-minute, or BCPM exponentially. They allow a driver to smash hundreds of victims without even slowing down, and shoot flames out the exhaust to set fire to the crushed victims.
8 : One-click seat belt relases. Seat belts should be secured, and require the use of a tool to release.
9 : Pull handle doors. Doors should be secured and require the use of a tool to open or close.
10 : Door locks. Door locks allow a driver to smash thousands of babies while being securely locked inside their carnage cage.
11 : Electric batteries with a capacity above 2KwH. High Capacity Assault Batteries allow a driver to devastate victims without even using fuel. Assault Lithium-Ion is known to explode spontaneously, releasing thick clouds of deadly gas in a fire that is impossible to extinguish.

1/2?
>>
>>30624106
a brick wall
>>
File: carsinriver.jpg (54 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
carsinriver.jpg
54 KB, 720x540
>>30630568
12 : Shatter resistant windshields. These resilient assault panes allow drivers to plow down dozens while they simply bounce off the glass without causing damage to the assault car. Windows should be made of a non shatter-resistant material no thicker than 4mm.
13 : Radios. Radios allow a driver to listen to the news of their mass murder while driving in comfort as they continue to slaughter.
14 : Aid Conditioning. Known as A/C for short, it allows a driver to flatted many a child while cruising in a cool, comfortable assault cage.
15 : Headlights. Headlights allow a mass murderer to see well into the distance to locate mothers and babies with ease in the night. No one is safe when drivers have headlights to find more victims in the dark.

These common-sense measure will ensure safety for all while walking the sidewalks and parking lots.
>>
File: we.jpg (137 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
137 KB, 800x800
>>30630568
>>
>>30624161
Even if somehow they stuck to a tire it would wrap the axle and fuck it completely.
>>
Truck driver here. Take out one of the front tires, and it wont go much farther. Of course, both would be better.

None of trailer tires matter.

Also, hitting the air tank under the trailer will lock up the trailer brakes in no time.

I lost air to the trailer one time,and couldn't even get it completely on the shoulder. I had to drag the back of the trailer the last few feet off the Interstate destroying the trailer tires.
>>
>>30630647
>Driving down interstate
>Every half mile are strips of trailer tire marks going from middle lane off to the shoulder.

Why is this so common?
>>
>>30630683
Because trailer tires are used until the pop.

Also, there is always some dumbass in a Volkswagen who thinks it's a great idea to cut in front of a semi with 5 feet to spare so they can make an exit at the last fucking minute.

Seriously people, give trucks some room. We can't stop 80,000 pounds like a Honda.
>>
>>30624714
Deliver lickity-split exceptional truck!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
Czech hedgehog
If u had the material you could whip these up in no time
>>
>>30626800
that's pretty sweet, and entirely DIYable
>>
>>30630719
a lot of you guys drive like complete cunts m8
>>
>>30624106
I saw some guy posting his experience with the argentina economic collapse back in 1998.

He said vehicle crime was common, and if someone is trying to run you off the road just shoot out their engine block. Just pop a few FMJs in the radiator and their car will stop working. Its much easier to hit than the driver and if they cant chase you they cant kill you.
>>
File: truck007.jpg (27 KB, 512x387) Image search: [Google]
truck007.jpg
27 KB, 512x387
>>30630838
>>30630719

trucks have like 18 gears and are generally deisel engines, so you have the first problem of lots of gears being that you have to change very quickly between them as the truck builds speed, and the additional problem that the peak power for any gear happens half a second before you need to change up gear.

Thus anything moving in front of a truck and causing it to slow down, is also causing the truck driver to have to cycle down through anything from 5 to 10 gear changes before he can start rebuilding his truck's speed again and repeat the gradual shifting up of gears again.

which is why they drive like cunts and hate all the regular drivers on the road and occasionally paint pedophilic 9/11 memorials on the sides of their cabs.
>>
>>30626170

> caltraps
> traps made by cal

Its like you arent even trying
>>
>>30630944
by cunts, i mean speeding and cutting people off or driving slow in the passing lane.
honestly, i see more dudes in those large box trucks (don't know the offical name) doing this than the long haul dudes in 18-wheelers
>>
This isn't really our area of expertise.

>>/o/
>>
>>30630990
I want it to go boom or at least stop before it hits me. I think /k/ can handle it.
>>
>>30630855

Honestly though, if you see Truck-San is about to go on a rampage, your best bet is to get in a car and drive in front of the truck, this'll fuck up the engine, the driver, front wheels, steering and has a chance of severing the pneumatics and locking the air brakes on.

you and your car will die to the insatiable thirst of Truck-San, but it will be a good death, saving countless other people's lives.
>>
>>30630973

because they don't want to change gear.

Like, all cunty truck driver behaviour is caused by either a desire to change all the gears or a desire to change no gears.

They are the Gear-bound, forever cursed to be changing up or down.
>>
>>30624133
ban assault trucks.
>>
>>30630799

And finding a few forklifts.
>>
Blowing out the tires on a 80,000 lb truck isnt going to stop it before it hits you. Unless your well away.

A loaded truck of aprox 36000kg (80000lbs) going 15m/s (35mph) is over 567,000N of force.

Your board and nails isnt going to stop that fast enough.

The only option is to have a barricade that can take the 567,000N force and stop it. Like a truck bollard.
>>
File: speer458.jpg (84 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
speer458.jpg
84 KB, 640x427
500 grains of Speer African Grand Slam with it's tungsten carbide core, fired out of a .458 socom
>>
Place bacon and a picture of Muhammad on the steering wheel and gas pedal.
>>
>>30631673
Also, the Vehicle Arrestor net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKC450jEN0
>>
A directed EMP Generator could work: aim it at the truck, and the pulse should disable its electrical systems, spark plugs, battery, etc., and also subsequently disable its engine so it can't accelerate.
>>
>>30630944
>>30631246
I feel like CVT on a truck would solve a fuckton of problems...
>>
>>30630110
I forgot those large trucks are diesel fuck my bad
>>
>>30632400
It would only make more in maintenance. hauling capacity, fuel efficiency and probability of catastrophic failure. High torque/load applications aren't easy on the things.
>>
File: 745.jpg (278 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
745.jpg
278 KB, 1024x768
turbo bricks

lots and lots of turbo bricks
>>
>>30632400
They have not been able to cope with the low end power so far.

There have been experiments. But nothing that is road worth or able to roll out fleet wide.

Nicola trucking is working on a cng/electric hybrid that uses electric motors in each tractor wheel.

If it works, my company is looking at buying 20 of them. We already have cng stations on site for our lifts and small vehicles. The idea of doing so with our otr is attractive.

At best it is still 5 years out.
>>
Why aren't they talking about banning assault trucks?!

It infuriates me!

We need safety against these death toll murdering machines!!

Think of the children!

Why!!!

We need action now!

Ban all assault trucks!
>>
>>30632470
What is the range they're going for? Seems like it'd be sort of short compared to an energy dense fuel like diesel, hybrid system or not
>>
>>30632470
>yfw abrams uses CVT

The only reason they're not used is because muh changeover cost. Conventional manuals are much cheaper than CVT's and easier to maintain.
>>
>>30632504
>>30632490
>>30632470
I feel like an eCVT, like that used in the Toyota Prius, would be ideal for large trucks. Of course it would need to be upscaled and modified for use in trucks.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/this-is-how-toyota-prius-gearbox-works-video-63918.html

The Prius CVT doesn't use a belt like a traditional CVT, but rather gears.

The truck could have a relatively large hybrid battery, say, in the 5-20KwH range to power the electric motors at very low speed to get high torque. As speed increases, the diesel engine takes over and the CVT eliminates the need to shift. The electric motor could deliver high torque at any speed, and the CVT provided an engine that is always in the power band with no gaps from shifting. At cruising speed, the engine slowly charges the battery and runs in the efficient RPM range thanks to the CVT. During braking, the electric motor acts in reverse to recover energy and charge the battery. Efficiency could further be increased with an optional plug in kit and a larger battery for more electric running and electric assist.
>>
File: Capture.png (446 KB, 513x492) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
446 KB, 513x492
>>
>>30624106
>Lorry
Britbong detected
>>
>>30624106
Kevlar nets can tangle up the axels
>>
Caltrops made of metal piping. Lets the air out faster.
>>30632768
Add barbed caltrops to ensure it gets tangled up.
>>
File: 1422049921344.png (326 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422049921344.png
326 KB, 500x500
>>30630568
>increase babies-crushed-per-minute, or BCPM exponentially
fucking lost
>>
File: 22313677.jpg (116 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
22313677.jpg
116 KB, 409x393
>>30631653
>African Grand Slam
holy kek
>>
>>30624161
Modern spike strips as used by modern security forces are not reusable. They (whether designed to be laid beforehand or to be thrown out across the road in action) have hollow spikes intended to separate from the strip and allow air to escape at a steady pace.

This is so that the driver can maintain control of the vehicle up to the point where the tires become fully non-viable, because generally, the vehicles in question are being used as a method of egress and not as a weapon and so generally the driver will not attempt to crash into his surroundings--whereas a loss of control as >>30630611 describes would almost certainly ensure it.

If the objective, then, is to avoid significant damage to surroundings--caused either by a driver with known malicious intent or by said driver losing control over his vehicle--and it is not possible to interdict the vehicle before it reaches densely-populated or heavily-built areas, the solution is likely a combination of tactics, such as the laying of spike strips; anti-materiel rifle rounds to the engine and gas tanks; and possibly a BTR coming in the opposite direction.
>>
>>30624159

>coming to day /k/are for advice

the only non autistic answer in this whole thread
>>
File: TQ_800.jpg (75 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
TQ_800.jpg
75 KB, 800x533
>>30630587
>>30630568
Forgot to add...

16 : Combustion Exhaust Suppressors, commonly known as "mufflers" are to become Class 3 NVA (National Vehicles Act) prohibited items. Drivers who wish to reduce the audible report of their vehicle will need to undergo extensive background checks and long-term monitoring by the FBI and BAATF (Alcohol, Automobiles, Tobacco, Firearms). Penalties for operating a vehicle with a 'muffler' attached without a Class 3 NVA license mandates a minimum of 20 years in Federal prison. An addendum to section 16 (Section 16, Article B) covers electric vehicles. Electric vehicles must have a loudspeaker that re-creates the audio note of a vehicle with no Exhaust Suppressor.
17 : Doritos Powered Engines, commonly known as "Rotary" or "Wankel" engines above 0.7 liters are banned due to their high babies-crushed-per-minute (BCPM) to liter ratio. Such engines are known to shoot blasts of fire without the use of Turbocharger or Supercharger assault add ons, and their high exhaust pipe temperature melts the flesh of victims as the vehicle travels over them.
>>
>>30624106
swerve your IED strapped remote controlled robot into it
>>
If everyone in Nice had their own trucks the mass killing would have never happened...

>nb4 BAN TRUCKS
>>
>>30632981
>Not banning assault race style features such as spoilers, 2 doors, gull/lambo doors, lips, body kits of any description etc

These are features only used on RACE CARS built for the TRACK and NOT for street use! No one needs 300kg of downforce to commute!
>>
Do your enemies hide in metal boxes and they perhaps are cowards and fools?
Do you want to take away their metal boxes?
>>
>>30626447
But that didnt work, didn't even slow it down. 22lr would go thru a radiator
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.