[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conceal Carry Methods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: wheelguns.jpg (125 KB, 848x477) Image search: [Google]
wheelguns.jpg
125 KB, 848x477
What is your preffered method of carry and why? I am very glad to have pocket carried two nights ago instead of my usual IWB. Long imminent Greentext story.

>be me
>going out at night for dinner with cute Asian bitch
>park my car in street
>lonely week night in Chinatown
>walking towards restaurant three blocks away
>see Mexican gangster further away across the street
>he's on a little bike, wearing a bandana across his face, and a hoodie
>he spots us and makes a line straight for us
>oblivious date yapping while I tuned her out full autismo mode
>notice another buddy of his on a bike coming towards us already on our side of the street
>hand in my pocket grasping my S&W .357 snubby
>they slow down while close to us
>this tells me they're going to do something
>heavy eye contact between them and I while Asian bitch is tugging at my shoulder asking if I'm listening to her
>ready to quickdraw on these sons of bitches
>they look at each other without saying a word and bike on

I think the hand in my pocket might have deterred them. But my hand in my pocket might also seem like a normal gesture.

Had I IWBC it would have been too obvious I was about to draw a gun and I could have potentially escalated a situation that might not even have happened in the first place.

There's no real way to have your hand on your handgun ready to draw quickly without looking exactly that, like a man who's about to pull a gun.

But while pocket carrying I am able to grasp my gun perfectly and pull that son of a bitch out like a fucking cowboy while retaining the ability to not look like I'm about to pop a cap on someone's ass.

I know they were most likely going to do something. It was a big ass street and they could have easily kept going on at their normal speed but they both intersected us at the same time and slowed down within 12 feet from us. As if the hoodie and bandanas didn't say enough.
>>
Hard eye contact probably deterred them more than anything. Like most animals, they can tell which prey is weak.

I carry OWB either under a t-shirt or with a light jacket on. Do it for draw speed and comfort, and because I live in /k/entucky and printing or "getting made" carry no consequences. Technically, I can put my hand on my pistol without any charges. Drawing is brandishing.
>>
>>30623467
You did good anon
>>30624443
>They can tell which prey is weak
This too
>>
>>30624443
>>30624483

Thanks guys. It was my first experience where I felt I needed to pull out my CC. O always wondered how I would react when the day came, glad I didn't freeze up.

What part of Kentucky are you from? I used to be near Lexington
>>
>>30624618
Lexington. Lovin' it.
>>
are glocks a good idea for CC? if not what about the P226?
>>
DESU I find 1 o'clock to be the master race of carry methods because of its concealability and ease of access while in a car but pocket carry and appendix are maximum comfy.
Because of that I usually carry two firearms and sometimes three. I'm thinking of getting an ankle holster or two to increase my options.
>>
I really like appendix the best but after extended periods of time it aggravates my guts. Imo it's the best because best access to gun standing, sitting, laying down. Good control over gun.

I do pocket carry about 80% of the time though and like it for exactly the reason you state. You can have hand on gun and no one is the wiser. I don't like lack of access sitting though.

Also good on you op, I'd say you handled it 100% right.
>>
shoot from inside your jacket pocket if they are close enough

this is literally the only reason to carry a revolver
>>
>>30625951
Just make sure your hammer is shrouded . Trust me I've tested it. You'll get maybe 2 shots off.
>>
>>30623467

I carry appendix, 11 o'clock. Carrying at 11 allows the grip to go across the flat part of my abdomen while carrying at 1 o'clock can cause the grip to print sometimes because the hip starts curving. It also puts the beavertail right by my belly button which helps with drawing.
>>
>>30624443
>They can tell which prey is weak.
Its a wierd primal thing when you have moments like >>30623467.

I had stare down moment with a group of gypsie/arab guys one time in Dublin. It lasted nearly a minute before they backed off and went to go bother other foreigners.

>>30623467
you did good OP, your gut usually makes the right call in these moments.
>>
>>30625813
>>30626010

I'm confused, is appendix carry not 1:00? The appendix is on the right side of your body.
>>
>>30626057
not him but g19 appendix carry here. I can place my hand on my belt and still look normal and can draw just as quick if not quicker than pocket draw.
>>
>>30626057
>>30625813
I'm sorry I meant to say Kidney and now Appendix
>>
>>30626153

Aren't kidneys on both sides of your body? Holy shit I'm just getting more and more confused.
>>
>>30624443
Honesty, this. The eye contact stuff is weird
>>
>>30626195
i found the manlet.
>>
>>30626057

I suppose you're right, appendix would only be the 1:00 position. I mistakenly thought that appendix meant anywhere on the front quarter of the body.
>>
>>30626331

Were they too busy teaching creationism in your high school biology class to teach the location of your internal organs most likely to kill you indiscriminately? What happens when SHTF and you're all alone innawoods and your appendix acts up and you don't even know where to cut to take the fucker out? They say to know thy enemy and the appendix is god's timebomb.
>>
>>30625762
Personally I think the Glock 26 is the best. But if youre okay concealing something bigger and live in a state where guns aren't an issue, then the Glock 19 is master race
>>
>>30624443
>>30624483
>>30625909
>>30626042
>>30626195

Usually /k/ is full of contrarians who will argue anything for the sake of arguing, was expecting someone to tell OP how he did something wrong or that he fucked up somehow.

OP must have really done everything right lol
>>
>>30623467
Pocket carry truly is master race. I personally find it least likely to print, with a decent pocket holster nobody will ever ID it as a gun.

Califag here, so printing is serious business imo.
>>
>>30627416
OP same here. I'm not only a Cali fag But an L.A. fag. Don't even have a permit but I'll be damned if I end up on the street bleeding to death telling myself

"Well... At least I followed the law"
>>
>>30626359
SHTF innawoods and get appendicites. Then you die
>>
>>30627451
I never considered a pocket holster. Would that be like stitched into the pocket lining? Finding a small enough gun may be a pain up here, too.

>Printing is serious business
Same here, which is why I've chosen to go the Shoulder Rig route. I can CC almost anything I want with little risk of printing. And when I can afford a custom shoulder getup, it should improve comfort, concealability and draw speed, as will practice. Thankfully the odds of needing it in Canada are low, even in this shitty day and age.
>>
File: SAM_0594.jpg (971 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0594.jpg
971 KB, 1920x1080
>>30628273
A pocket holster is not stitched into the pants.

try this one, it is made to the specific gun and is made of nice leather. 32$ shipped and certainly quality.
http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Pocket-Protector-Leather-Concealment-Holster.cfm?item_id=166&parent=669

I used one for a while with a charter arms undercover.
also unless you wear skinny jeans or your a female, you can fit some pretty big guns in your pants pocket. I dont carry it but i can fit a Smith and Wesson model 15 with a 4 inch barrel in my pocket.

pic related, its my holster and gun. But yours will not be as dark unless you smother it in olive oil like i did.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 640x1136
>>30625762
I cc G19 own.
>>
>>30630199
>fuck this phone

*iwb
>>
>>30624443
>FPBP

this anon knows what is up. A lot of times situational awareness will help you avoid a much more serious situation
>>
>>30626359
found the europoor
>>
>>30627372
Well, yeah, he did.
>>
>>30628273
pocket holsters have tacky outside lining and slick inside lining to allow the gun to slide easily from the holster but keep the holster from sliding out of the pocket.
>>
>>30630283
other than apparently illegaly carrying in LA.

but fuck LA and their laws
>>
>>30628420
Neat. I'll look into it. Maks are pretty tiny, maybe I should look into something like that for one.
>>30630325
I'd never heard of such a thing. Seems pretty convenient.
>>
What's OBW / IBW?
>>
>>30631708
>OWB
Outside Waist Band
>IWB
Inside Waist Band
>>
>>30631815
thanks
>>
>>30630344
The fact he exercised his constitutional right and it came in handy makes the anons claim even better.
>>
I carry a single stack Kahr PM9 IWB in a second amendment tuckable holster with an Akers polymer insert belt. Works great now for 12 years. In winter I don't tuck but in summer in shorts and tee I can tuck over and it is not noticeable at all.
>>
>>30625762
>p226
>conceal carry
fuuuuuuuuuuuck no
>>
>>30623467
AIWB is good because it looks like you're going to scratch your nuts and then the Glock 40 comes out.
>>
Glad to see my post >>30624443 so well received. If you don't mind, let me expand on what I said.

Eye contact is nothing without confidence, and guns will always give you more confidence in your ability to handle a situation (sometimes too much). If you were an MMA fighter, and these guys wanted to get your wallet, you'd have the same confidence, and they'd get the same signal. While a beta that sees the threat coming a mile away does nothing with fearful eye contact except seal his fate.

Generally criminals strive for the path of least resistance. Hence targeting the elderly, handicapped, or otherwise infirm. Usually they avoid harder targets unless they have good reason (you flash a wad, nice watch, etc). If you're an unknown, then they fall back on experience.

A criminal has experience doing crime, so the criminal has an expectation of how things are going to go. This is OODA loop stuff. He approaches, sees potential victim either recoil in a fear response or fail to see him, and strikes. He acts, evaluates reaction, executes. Anything that breaks his loop makes him more likely to back off.

Eye contact works so well because it says, "I see you. I see you lookin' at me. I'm ready for you. Your move." You can even puff out your chest, square your shoulders, and stretch your neck. Tell him with body language you're ready to fight. Less obvious things that break his loop might include, getting naked, pulling a knife from your pocket and cleaning your fingernails, yelling irately in fake Chinese, grinning menacingly, saying "You with Julio's crew? No? Then get the fuck outta my face." Be creative. Have fun.

Remember your asian friend who was engrossed in her conversion. To her (and to most people), these guys would have just appeared of out nowhere, and there would have been nothing a gun would have done for them.

tl;dr awareness and confidence counts more than even having a gun most times. Listen up, Eurobro.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.