[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ is it a huge dick move to enlist in the military right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 232x254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 232x254
Hey /k/ is it a huge dick move to enlist in the military right after your employer stuck it out for you to get a job? I stayed in my hometown after college because I didn't want to break up with my girlfriend to go active duty but I just broke up with her yesterday and I have the itch to enlist. I was thinking if anything I would work there for a year and then go because I would really be burning my boss who jumped through a bunch of hoops to hire me. Anyone else on /k/ deal with a situation similar to this? I wanna be a combat engineer
>>
Tell them you feel you need to serve a higher cause or some shit
>>
>>30623179
What crappy job are you considering ditching.
>>
Think about it this way. It is your life, not his. Would you look back on a decision to not join because your employer at the time would be disappointed? You've only got one chance to do what you want to do.
>>
>>30623221
Drug and alcohol case manager. The job came with excellent benefits so I really wanted it. I interned with them before graduating and they really wanted to hire me
>>
>>30623229
How old are you and how much does it pay.
>>
>>30623248
I meant this for him
>>30623238
>>
>>30623248
I'm 22. $ 30,203 a year plus health, vision, and dental coverage and paid holidays
>>
>>30623273
So what's the future like in that field, where can you go.

Gotta think about shit like that. The military will give you good experience, but if you pick a shit mos it's not going to mean dick in the real world.
>>
>>30623292
I'll get raises and shit but Ill probably never become a supervisor. If I stayed with my current job I would stay a basic case manager for like 15 or 20 years probably. Truth be told I want to be a combat engineer for the broad range of skills the position entails. I want to learn how to wage war and I want to learn how to build. My end game plan is to eventually get some land up in Maine and build a self sustaining homestead. I'd use my GI bill to pick up another degree or trade along the way.
>>
>>30623503
So, how's it feel to be me?
>>
>>30623675
Feels pretty good, minus the paralysis caused by moral values that keep me from fucking people over even though its in my self interest
>>
>>30623778
You're 22. You really, really arent to old to enlist. Keep your job for 6 months to a year. Start working out, hard. A 23 year old college grad making a perfect score on his apft sounds like the perfect 18x candidate (straight to sf program)
>>
Keep your job for 6mobths to a year. But save every penny like it is the blood from your veins.

Move in with mom and dad. Save your money.

Then enlist and try of ocs. You have a degree dont be a basic pvt bitch.
>>
>>30623179
>his job doesn't have military leave
>>
>>30623503
> the broad range of skills the position entails

hahahaha. ahaha.
>>
>>30624069
I already lift. I'm going to join a current UFC fighter's mma gym next month to get my cardio on point. Should hit a 4 plate dead lift by next month.
>>
>>30623503
Aspire to more than 30something for the rest of your career bro. If this gig won't pave the road to six figures, figure out what you can do that will. If the military is the way, go for it.
>>
>>30626380
This, if the mil is the way to not be poor the rest of your life at 30k, then do it. Benefits don't mean shit when your actual cash is so awful. You got that as an actual college grad? Ouch, even basketweaver majors should hope for more.

Don't tell employer until after you've got a date set for basic training though.
>>
>>30623238
Do you have a degree? Think OCS instead of enlisting.
>>
>>30623179
>I was thinking if anything I would work there for a year and then go
This is the mature thing to do. Don't burn bridges. He sounds like a guy in your corner, and you may need him later. Besides, I'm sure you'll gain excellent experience as a
>>30623238
>Drug and alcohol case manager.
FUCK THAT! Case management can suck my left fucking nut! That shit will crush your motherfucking soul. Dodge that fucking bullet now, OP.
>>
>>30627000
>>I was thinking if anything I would work there for a year and then go
>This is the mature thing to do. Don't burn bridges. He sounds like a guy in your corner, and you may need him later. Besides, I'm sure you'll gain excellent experience as a
Keep in mind it can take a year from the time you talk to a recruiter until you actually ship...
>>
File: 1421068869088.jpg (109 KB, 480x1084) Image search: [Google]
1421068869088.jpg
109 KB, 480x1084
>>30627000
>That shit will crush your motherfucking soul
listen to this man op
>father 75th, special troops bat
>mother case manager on multiple bases while married and private hospitals before she came into money
>father always said she was the stronger one in the couple
>mother now has no sign of mercy
>could literally look into the eyes of a terminally ill kid and tell the kid it's puppy has cancer and will die 2 weeks before the kid does and she wouldn't feel a thing.
>>
>>30626380
Yeah I was thinking about using my GI bill to go back to college and get an Econ degree. They make decent dough just with a bachelors. However, where I'm from 30k is enough to live comfortably and after my probation period ends I get kicked up to 32k
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.