[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't /k/ set up their own international private-military/Police
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: art-mgsv-logo-diamond-dogs-s.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
art-mgsv-logo-diamond-dogs-s.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
Why hasn't /k/ set up their own international private-military/Police force yet ?

At least a National group in the U.S ? There's so much potential here
>>
You almost got me that time mr. ATF.
>>
>>30620751
There's that, and then there's the talk about going into Africa and becoming a warlord. Which one would you pick, OP? I'm sure someone is willing to leave everything behind to create a force such as this.
>>
>>30620751
pretty sure we did
>sea land
>anti-poaching in Africa

but like most things, they [spoileronK] probably [/spoileronK] fell through
>>
File: nuclear1.jpg (34 KB, 601x469) Image search: [Google]
nuclear1.jpg
34 KB, 601x469
STANDING
>>
>>30620751
/k/ is to poor to make PMC and making a militia now a days makes you a terrorist group.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-01-11-42-44.png (868 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-01-11-42-44.png
868 KB, 1080x1920
> PMC
> implying that it's as easy as the MGS series makes it look

You are dumb to believe that you can just make a PMC as simple as that. You need money, LOTS of it. You need to buy weapons, you need to buy gear, vehicles, base of operations.

Got all that on your own dime or borrowed money? Good job, now you need clients that will hire you. Whose going to hire an autistic neck beard to aid guerilla fighters in piss poor countries to fend off armed to the teeth government forces.

Can't do everything on your own? Why not hire some soldiers? Make sure you give them enough for a livable wage plus benefits and you better hope to god they can shoot straight. Gear ain't cheap either, so make sure they don't have the nerve to break it.

Making a PMC isn't as easy as starting a small shop selling home decor. The only reason Big Boss had a PMC to command and actually had jobs is because they hired him for being a legend. Keep your dreams to yourself.
>>
>>30620751
Long arm of the DOJ, ITAR and bullshit from the African nations.
Executive Outcomes got fucked over their contract.
>>
>>30621003
Plus, one collateral incident would lead to the U.S. or U.N. or other super power cracking down on your little band of fighters ala end of ground zeroes.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1727x1140) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1727x1140
Pic semi-related
>>
>>30621072
Worst comes to be you'll be prosecuted by the nation that you incorporate as your main base of operations or be fucked over by a country that doesn't want to pay you and sues for arbitrary bullshit that may bankrupt you.
>>
>>30620751
I did. But as >>30621003 points out no one is just going to GIVE you money
This is what the Dept of State told me:
>we will give you money when you have an Army
This is what my potential Soldiers told me
>we will go once you have money to pay us.
So in the mean time I am looking for sponsors and tweeking my approach.

"Non-profit" Army who take on missions based off of moral reasons rather than political or financial reasons (ie fight ISIS, human trafficking ect)
>non-profit because the people we fight for dont have money anyway so someone else has to hire us to protect them
>>
>>30620751
I'm working on it. But, you know, with more illegal activities to fund it.
>>
>>30621072
>ala end of ground zeroes

But that wasn't either the US or the UN. It was a rogue organization masquerading as the UN. The UN weren't aware of the operation and the US wouldn't have condoned it, because Zero didn't want that shit to happen.
>>
>>30623791

The US was actively contracting out to them like any other PMC, except for more sensitive shit. Once the end of GZ occurred, the US had to scramble to basically prove that "It wasn't us guys!" because having a PMC just go down in waters that you control is pretty, pretty fishy.

Anyways, you need a laughably large amount of money to:
>Have a base of operations and an HQ for the company, best for it to be separate
>Afford gear not only for yourself but for the people you hire
>Afford vehicles and logistical support
>Afford ammo, gas
>Afford somewhat upstanding folks to do your shit, which means not hiring the low hanging fruit which leads to
>High pay, and benefits (life insurance?)

Oh, and you'll probably need an HR firm or be able to have an in-house one to deflect the deserved/undeserved negative shit that's going to be thrown your way by world media by virture of being a bunch of mercenary fucks.

That being said, unless you win the lottery for half a billion dollars, you won't have a PMC of meaning or for very long before you live out of a box. This doesn't include how you plan to get contracts or whom you're going to associate yourself with, which will probably affect what kind of income you get.
>>
>>30623871
Boss got gifted the HQ by Zadornov.
>>
>>30623902

Yeah well, unless you have a KGB friend and are a living legend by having killed The Boss, who was a legend herself, then I doubt that you're going to be given an HQ like that
>>
>>30621003
>The only reason Big Boss had a PMC to command and actually had jobs is because they hired him for being a legend.

On top of that, Big Boss is actually given a SHITLOAD of money from the commander of FOX in Portable Ops.
>>
>>30620782
The APU didn't fall through. We're patrolling two private game reserves in the eastern cape and working on landing more contracts.
>>
>>30620751
I remember talking about that in class one day, three days later a classmate offers to sell weed as a new career path and suddenly im stopped because he wants to "hang" out
>>
>>30620775
I tried that almost got beheaded by my own gang when i planned the first neighborhood take over. Not much of a loyal group them africans
>>
https://youtu.be/GbCgQKHUhQc
>>
>>30623940
Founder of SAS and a bunch of former SAS members created the first PMC.

Too bad he didn't set up shop on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean.

We need like Pat MacNamara to become the owner/CEO of the biggest PMC in the world, have him get a bunch of oil rigs in the middle of the ocean, and change the name of the PMC to Outer Heaven.
>>
>>30624183
Should've got a bunch of former Rhodesian and South African special forces, bro.
>>
this website is 18 and up, kids
>>
>>30624255
Why so they can prove whos got better experience and or more friends in high places
>>
>>30624138
Oh? Not him, but I didn't expect that. You going to IDPA next Saturday?
>>
>>30623940
>Boss becomes legend from killing a legend
So you're saying I need to kill Chris kyle?
>>
>>30624352
Lower providence? Probably not. Might be shooting Sunday at ontelaunee.
>>
>>30621136
Kek
>>
>>30623871
One thing, big boss didn't have to pay his men much because he indoctrinated them into his weird "let's be warmongers because it's what an old woman I killed would have wanted" cult. We just have to come up with something similar. Maybe a radical new religion? /k/hristianity?
>>
>>30624138
That's pretty awesome. How'd that happen? How much would one make doing that?
>>
>>30624313
Selous Scouts were fucking top tier, dude.
>>
File: 1423095626276.jpg (80 KB, 790x351) Image search: [Google]
1423095626276.jpg
80 KB, 790x351
>>30621003
>>30624032
>People don't realize Big Boss was just a trust fund kiddie trying to create a world where everyone was like him by spending a fortune that was amassed over centuries

Kaz with Venom Snakes hero status was the only motherfucker in metal gear that actually ran a solvent business.
>>
K's force structure is a lose base of 2-4 man death squads. Small arms, molotavs, standard unarmored vehicles. Special K ops probably have more but whos to know.

The command structure is nothing - because there is no command structure. They speak through the kek.
>>
>>30624523
You're really not making much because the pay scale in South Africa is just that low. Most of the people we have that are being paid are working part time to supplement their SAPS income. This is where we have the big leg up, we have lots of SAPS cops that patrol for us. They have better intel, connections, and resources than some security school grad.

I'll have another update on this at a later time. I've paused the U.S. based non-profit and have focused on the for profit arm in South Africa.

Currently I do not draw a salary but we do have one full time guy who does. He's being paid about the equivalent of $12,000 per year. The cost of living is really low there.
>>
>>30624540
What the fuck is a tier
>>
Why not join the french legion
>>
>>30624583
Well good luck! If that's enough to live comfortably on that could be a great experience, except when moving to somewhere with a much higher exchange rate
>>
>>30624379
>$30/year
>300yd range
>no rapid fire rule
Is there any reason why I shouldn't mail a membership application precisely now?
>>
>>30624625
Dont forget the aids
>>
File: 1424096523718.jpg (354 KB, 1600x1132) Image search: [Google]
1424096523718.jpg
354 KB, 1600x1132
>>30620751

We're not at the point where military force can be efficiently privatized--yet. Given it's current direction, the United States will eventually collapse under its own decadence combined with the insolvency of the government attempting to sustain that same decadence. The United States will no longer be able to apply military force on the behalf of the rest of the West, leaving a power gap that the Chinese and Russians lack the resources to fill completely.

The pervading liberal culture in Western Europe has made the investment of human capital into the profession of arms all but impossible (I've heard that people actually spit on their own soldiers in Germany--a nation whose martial heritage is prouder than any other, the Third Reich notwithstanding). However, the lack of sufficient military force will not mitigate the ever-present need for it. The Middle East and Africa will continue to prove problematic to the countries that profit from their resources.

I imagine that both governments and private firms will need to enlist the expertise and equipment of more aggressive "security firms" in the future as the "civilized" portion of the world continues to hemorrhage martial values and the desire to invest in them. The Anglo nations are the most likely to give birth to the first true PMCs, which will initially be hired for training purposes and eventually develop into firms capable of direct-action.
>>
>Create a gang of drug dealers in some medium sized city
>Rake in the dough and use it to start a small bussiness
>Start a small chain of said bussinesd
>Kill all the drug dealers you hired
>Use money from bussinesses to equip a small team of operators
>Give this small team the best of the best
>Send them on "humanitarian" security in Africa
>Really they go down and kill warlords and steal diamonds and stuff from them.
>Continue amassing wealth and hiring ex-military vets.
>Find vets with an itch to be back in combat, but with a far less restrictive ROE
>????
>profit
>>
>>30624770

(cont.)

However, PMCs won't look like Atlas or some shit from Call of Duty. Being private firms, they'll have to operate in such a manner as to actually turn a profit. So no super-advanced mechs or exo-skeletons. They will however, possess expertise in a field that has been dying in the West since WWII. They'll have to make up what they lack in raw taxpayer funding with efficient administration, more prudent equipment purchases, and exceptional skill.
>>
>>30624353
Better start asking /x/ about necromancy.
>>
>>30624255

they're all old as shit now
>>
>>30620768
(you)
>>
I'm sure it's doable on a small scale, but not actually providing combatants. Think about it, you have to obtain competent soldiers, equip them, and then quietly ship them around the world.

That's only the beginning though. When they get to Shittyville and get hurt, you have to ship them back out and get them medical care. If you don't, then no one is going join K-Solutions are they? Unless a government or huge company is footing the bill, the amount you would have to charge would be so astronomical to make this work (and make a profit) that no one would pay it. Or they would promise to, and then fuck you over one way or the other.

No. That way is stupid. The smart way is obtain NCO's and a training plan for the weapons they have and the location they are in. The drug-militia or cell-phone mineral kingpins in Shittyville have manpower. What they need someone able to make their manpower more effective than the other guys who didn't hire you. If your NCO's get hurt or killed....well, sorry but you volunteered to join this illegal enterprise.

I think providing training, arms, and maybe even medical assistance to shady assholes is likely more profitable than sending Diamond Dogs somewhere. If I was
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.