[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is SA Vz.58 better than the AK? If so, why do you think so?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: VZ58-e-AK.jpg (209 KB, 2048x1371) Image search: [Google]
VZ58-e-AK.jpg
209 KB, 2048x1371
Is SA Vz.58 better than the AK?
If so, why do you think so?
>>
>No interchangeable parts with AK
No way in hell
>>
>>30619637
>better
Nope.
>as good
Yeah.
>>
It's seriously just about as good, only autists will argue against this. Both sling 7.62x39 downrange at about 3 MOA, both are pretty reliable. Leave the retards to nitpick the inane differences.
>>
Lighter. Bolt hold open.
>>
>>30619651
That's really terrible criteria.

Since the AK has no interchangeable parts with the Vz. it's clearly worse
>>
>>30619666

you forgot stripper clips, Satan
>>
>>30619637
Slightly lighter
bolts locks on empty
better safety
higher quality of manufacture(???)
>>
>>30619666
>Lighter.
This meme needs to die, without magazines a fullstocked VZ weighs all of 0.02kg less than a fullstocked AKM.
>>
The lower handguard is too small and flimsy. The way it's secured with a roll pin is ridiculous too
>>
>>30619637
I hate their long and non-consistent reset. I can feel the trigger lagging behind my finger.
>>
>>30619686
There's a lot more AK parts on the market though.
>>
>>30619686
It's actually the only criteria that matters. Would you prefer having parts available EVERYWHERE or them being RARE?
>>
>>30619637
VZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3kComQz40o
AK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU
>>
File: AKVZweightmeme.png (337 KB, 1844x900) Image search: [Google]
AKVZweightmeme.png
337 KB, 1844x900
>>30619702
>>
>>30619830
3.1kg = 6.7lbs
ak= 6.7lbs vz= 6.9
WHOAH ANON WHOAHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>30619703
Original ones may walk out from their place, get right size spring pins in advance. I got a few, but then I changed whole handguard, so I don't have this issue anymore.
>>
Both are inferior to the AR, so what's the point in arguing this?
>>
Better.

Milled receiver, superior short stroke piston, better machining in general.

Less aftermarket is the only downside.
>>
File: QklN0Rk.jpg (87 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
QklN0Rk.jpg
87 KB, 660x495
>>30619830
what. have. you. done?
>>
File: ache.jpg (72 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ache.jpg
72 KB, 700x700
>>30619881
AR is good rifle but for shtf situation AK is superior.
>>
File: vz58 stripper.webm (3 MB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
vz58 stripper.webm
3 MB, 500x326
>>30619637
In the end, they both sling 762 downrange fine. I think the vz is the better rifle, favorite I've ever handled to be honest, but aks are way more fun to collect IMO.
>easy access to all corrosive(or non) ammo cleaning areas by only popping a finger-loose pin on the gas cover and using the BHO to give you access to bolt face area
>more comfortable rifle overall, not even accounting for the weight difference
>having a BHO in the first place to let you know you are empty
>stripper clip speed-loading, I consider it a lot easier to carry a few strippers in my pocket or pouch than a 30rd mag
>more compact than an ak
>quick change between fixed/folder stock, and the folder folds in the right direction so you can leave optics on if you want
>folder also drops open via gravity while you shoulder the gun at the simple push of a button
The only thing about the vz I consider worse is the mag release being harder to get at when you have gloves on in the winter.
>>30619905
I prefer to keep to very tangible advantages, but I know there's some truth to those things being an advantage too. I just put less weight on those things.
>>
>>30619702
what the hell does it matter if it's without a mag, which is a lot lighter on the vz?
you carry your guns around without mags all the time, only loading a single cartridge into the chamber when you fire?
>>
>>30621368
>a lot lighter
>a literal 0.1 lbs. lighter
Wew
>>
>>30619637
OP are you Canadian?
>>
>>30619637
VZ58 is worth a buy for the weirdness of it if it floats your boat

Century's VZ2008s? Hell no.
>>
>>30619637
>california version
I fucking hate this state.
>>
>>30619830
Ho.
Leeeeeeeeee.
SHIIIIIIIIIT.
ANON, the VZ-58fags just got BTFO!!!!!.
WOOOOOOOOOO.

Also, striker fired Miller shit.
Now that the surplus has dried up they're on average almost the price of an Arsenal AK.

They have special snowflake magazines and next to no aftermarket.

They're also ugly as fuck.
Boom.
>>
The only real difference is that the VZ has lighter mags, true bolt hold open (as in there's a bolt catch, not just the bolt stopping on the follower), and a much more difficult to use mag release

all else is the same for neckbeard usage
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1280x960
From a pure shooting standpoint I prefer my vz to my Norinco.

I'm not sure if I'd consider one better than the other but they're both damn fine rifles and I've had zero issues with either after well over 30k rounds of 7.62x39 between them over the past 12 years with the AK and 8 with the vz
>>
>>30619637
Biggest drawback to the Vz is it is more difficult to mount an optic because it ejects in a weird way.
>>
>>30622202
papa hikock had some thoughts on the matter too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TexeQ0QPFU
>>
>>30619637
Eh, they both have their uses. I'd trust my life to an AK more, but I'd have a lot more fun with a VZ. LRBHO, stripper clip guide, good folding stock, and a shorter receiver making a smaller OAL.
>>
>>30619637
>Is a haunted rifle better than the best rifle of all time

Gee I sure don't know the answer to this one
>>
I ripped my thumbnail in half trying to tacticooly reload a vz2008

ak 4 lyfe
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.