[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I'm going to buy my first gun today. I'm stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Davis-P-32-1.jpg (105 KB, 700x518) Image search: [Google]
Davis-P-32-1.jpg
105 KB, 700x518
Guys I'm going to buy my first gun today.

I'm stuck between a $99 Davis P-32 with a rusted barrel, or a Lee-Enfield that's $100 off ($199) from the original one they've got in stock for being "sporterized". In other words they took off the Lee-Enfield's stock and put on an iron sight at the end. Other than that it seems to be completely the same (factory markings, peep sight, ranging, caliber, etc).

I could also get a Cobra FS 380 ($99) but the magazines are too expensive. Other than that I saw a shotgun and revolvers around the same price.

What do you guys think?
>>
go with the p-32 or one of the shotguns or revolvers.

Look up a video online on what to watch out for when you're buying a revolver, though. iraqveteran8888 has a pretty good video on it.
>>
>>30618340
I'd go with the rifle.

Those pistols aren't known for quality.
>>
>>30618340

>buy bubba'd enfield
>slowly save up money over the years
>buy surplus stocks online or build your own
>send to gunsmiths to repair damage
>return rifle to former glory

Bare in mind that if you actually want to shoot it, you'll probably only be doing it rarely considering your budget and the price of .303. Rarely by /k/ standards, at least.
>>
>>30618340
*In other words they took off the Lee-Enfield's stock and replaced it with a more comfortable one

>>30618372
I'm leaning towards the P-32 as well, it felt really, really good in my hands.
>>
>>30618386
they have hunting rounds for it in stock
running $4 a box
>>
Buy a Rhino
>>
>>30618387
.32acp is still reasonably cheap as well, so you'll be able to shoot it fairly often.
http://sgammo.com/product/32-auto-acp-ammo/50-round-box-32-acp-auto-prvi-partizan-71-grain-fmj-ammo-ppr31

if you go with a revolver, typical rounds for those(38 special) are fairly cheap too.
>>
>>30618372
>>30618435
why shouldn't he just get the rifle?
>>
>>30618396
Order ammo online. Surplus and steel is 60ish cents per round. Reloadable brass PPU ammo isn't much more.

I'd get the Enfield and get a stock set and return it to former glory.
>>
>>30618482
why would a dude get a ww2 rifle as his first gun? He needs to learn the rules first
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.