[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First handgun 9mm.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
I have been reading up on handguns.

Live in NJ and sent away for a pistol purchaser card. (Have to get one every time you want a handgun)

Mag limit is 15 rounds. NO carry in this state unless you are willing to bribe someone or are an ex cop.

What handgun would you recommend in 9mm for learning to shoot? I have no other handguns.

1. Glock 19
2. Cz 75?
3. Sig P320

Any other suggestions?

How is the P320 compact with full slide? I can't stand how p320 standard compact looks.

I keep hearing good things in general about it but what are some things glock does better than p320 or issues with it? All I can find is unending praise?

How bad are stock glock sights?

I figure I need to go out and feel a few but NJ prices for rentals are so high I probably wont be able to shoot them.

Id like to spend under 700 for the gun and some mags.
>>
File: 320C-9-FLS-1.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
320C-9-FLS-1.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
Pic related the p320 compact model I think doesnt look vomit inducing.
>>
I don't want to say one is better than the other because I only own and have shot a Glock 19 out of your list of three but I like it.

The sights on the Glock are my favorite. Though I will say that I bought Gen 4 and the fucker ejected hot brass in my face. I live in NY and I only get 10rds and I would get 4-5 shots per mag pelting me in the eyes, going under my glasses and burning my eyelids.

Sent it back to Glock twice. Didn't fix it. Tried to fix it myself, agonized over it for a couple months. I ended up fixing it with an APEX Extractor for GEN 3 (The Gen4 did fuck all for my Gen4 Glock go figure)

My Glock 26 Gen 3 has been fine out the box.

Also living in NJ sucks. That sucks. At least up here in NY I have a full carry permit. It's not a perfect situation but at least I don't have to get a license to buy a shotgun. Yet.

Pic related it's where my Glock 19 sleeps.
>>
>>30616571
Gunshop faggot and avid pistol shooter.

I would go for the P320 compact if I were you. The longslide is ugly as fuck though, you have bad taste.
>>
File: Dugan Ashley.jpg (113 KB, 350x623) Image search: [Google]
Dugan Ashley.jpg
113 KB, 350x623
>>30616571
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTRjXD7AVU
>>
File: hkm734001la5_3.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hkm734001la5_3.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
Any HK, preferably hammer-fired.
>>
File: gopdildos-780x3901-780x390.jpg (57 KB, 780x390) Image search: [Google]
gopdildos-780x3901-780x390.jpg
57 KB, 780x390
>>30616731
Name one HK that has a better trigger than the P320.

Pro tip:
>you can't
>>
>>30616571
glock 19 is dummyproof and cheap

if you ever intend to CC or carry tho just get one of the compact versions first and you'll know the gun better when you end up carrying it
>>
>>30616752
USP, P2000, P30, HK45, P7, VP...
>>
>>30616663
My issue is the regular 15rd compact model looks fugly to me. Also 40 dollars per mag for a polymr striker pistol seems retarded.

Alghough ive never owned a handgun so that may be normal?

The idea of having 13 dollar mags for my Glock 19 in 15rds already is pretty appealing.

Although worried about having to change sights or having my finger cut by the triggerguard.
>>
>>30616792
Alright faggot I'm calling you out because you have never shot and do not own these guns

>USP
This is a joke right? The USP has a 16lbs DA trigger and the SA has a long takeup

>P2000
LEM? yfw

>P30
have you shot the P320?

>P7
This shit doesn't count because its out of his budget

>VP9
The trigger and gun are literal shit and the VP9's build quality, materials, fit, and finish are sub par compared to HKs other guns

>>30616804
You don't need to change the sites, and I have no idea how you would cut your finger on any trigger guard you autistic nigger. I don't know where you're buying 13 dollar Glock mags , or how many mags you think you need anyway.
>they're reusable
>>
>>30616826
Woops meant 18 dollar pmags for glock.

I have heard that glocks have trigger guard issues with middle finger. Lots of YouTube folks I watch have mentioned it. (hickok) and they Dremel it thinner slightly in some areas.
>>
>>30616826
Vp9 trigger is actually pretty good. Best striker fired trigger I've shot, and that includes p320. Fit and finish do have some issues though.
>>
>>30616858
How is fit and finish on p320?
>>
>>30616849
Don't use anything but factory glock mags for carry. For the range you can use shitty ones, not sure why you would but..

>>30616869
Excellent
>>
File: IMGP1645.jpg (612 KB, 1604x1146) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1645.jpg
612 KB, 1604x1146
>>30616826
>Alright faggot I'm calling you out because you have never shot and do not own these guns
Suck on a Muslim's foreskin.

You:
>claims to "have experience" with all HK firearms
>incorrectly cites the DA trigger pull weight as being 16 pounds
Ok, pun'kin. Whatever you need to tell yourself to keep believing that your melts-in-a-hot-car-320 is better than a USP.

>>P2000
>LEM? yfw
Nothing wrong with LEM at all. Consistent trigger pull weight and a crisp break is exactly what your precious P320 sets out to do. You can calibrate the pull weight down to about 4.5 pounds with a lighter set of springs.

>>P30
>have you shot the P320?
I've shot both, something I suspect you haven't done.

>>P7
>This shit doesn't count because its out of his budget
Doesn't count for what? You asked for any HK with a better trigger than the P320.

>>VP9
>The trigger and gun are literal shit and the VP9's build quality, materials, fit, and finish are sub par compared to HKs other guns
I've owned one and while I ended up selling it, it was not "shit build quality" or "sub par" by any measure. People who spread this myth are people whose only experience with HK's is the VP9.
>>
>>30616869
I have owned two and both came with chips in the nitron finish of the slide.
>>
>>30616885
What handgun do you recommend?
>>
>>30616869
I don't own one, but all the ones I've seen and used seemed pretty well made.
>>
>>30616890

>>30616731

I am a big fan of the USP Compact, but you could level up to a full size USP for a 15 round magazine if your hand is large enough.
>>
>>30616826
>>30616878
I feel this deserves a #BTFO.
>>
>>30616571
Get a Glock 19 and get some Vickers Battle Sights and a sure fire xc1.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.