[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M&P Trigger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1445135959317.jpg (238 KB, 1874x1166) Image search: [Google]
1445135959317.jpg
238 KB, 1874x1166
So after much hype I finally decided to pickup a M&P 9mm that was on sale at Academy. Paid about $398 for it and thought it might be similar to my Glocks and HK USP. Boy was I wrong, the trigger is atrocious! My groups expanded dramatically and I could not get this pistol to "work".

So now I considering just selling it or getting an Apex flat trigger installed but at $168 for the trigger kit...should I just sell it and move on?
>>
>>30616208
The trigger ain't bad dude, you're bad. Several years into training and I've never noticed nuances in a guns trigger. In fact I like to be able to feel it pulling and know when it breaks, it's a deadly weapon I don't want any damn surprises.
>>
>>30616283
Thanks for your opinion and jumping to conclusions.

I've been shooting for a bit, recreational since 1995 and "professionally" due to my job (qualifications and what not) since 2003.

I've had to use some crappy triggers in my day and I know with practice "anything" can be accurate but some guns just lend themselves to accuracy better than others. I have 3 HK, 3 Glocks and I lost count of how many 1911 I have. Why do I have so many 1911? Because they lend themselves to accuracy more-so than any other pistol I've fired.

Sure I can "practice and practice" with an M&P or I can just pickup my Glock 19, HK USP or one of my many HiPowers and have fun being accurate out of the box.

My question is....is it worth it to invest in the M&P trigger or just pass?
>>
>>30616283
>The trigger ain't bad dude, you're bad.
Just out of curiosity....what distances do you normally shoot with a handgun? Can you put a magazine in a pie plate at 25 yards? Or do you strictly practice at 7 yards because "...that's self defence distance dude!"

The trigger sucks balls. If it didn't then why is their an entire after market to "fixing" the M&P trigger? You don't see a huge after market dedicated to fixing HK USP triggers do you?
>>
>>30616283
This. Don't carry a striker-fired pistol and bitch that it's not SAO
>>
>>30616419
Thats because there is an oem match trigger kit for the usp's, and they are da/sa which is a different ballgame.
The m&p factory trigger isnt amazing but unless you got ine of the old non performance center sears they are not terrible, and are much better than factory glock.

That being said there is no trigger better than the flat face forward set sear from apex, it is well worth the money and is a better trigger than the usp comes with or the fnx can even aspire to, like 1911 territory woth a polymer stiler fired gun which is impressive. No overtravel, almost no takeup. Mine measured an something like an eighth of an inch from complete reset to end of break.
>>
>>30616208
The trigger is fucking shit. Don't listen to these dumbasses. I had one, sold it because I didn't like it. Its the same shitty two bit trigger that is in the S&W SDVE. Which I like more than the M&P desu. Get the Apex trigger upgrade, you won't regret it. I did for the SDVE and it was awesome.
>>
>>30616482
Thanks for the advice.

Think I'll just stick to my Glocks and HK. A wise man once told me he only buys polymer pistols made in Germany or Austria.

And I have often said, "Made in America" should be a warning label.

Think I'll just sell it tomorrow and get another Dan Wesson 1911 and not worry about it. M&P suck.
>>
>>30616501
On the note of American made polymer pistols, I would recommend the Springfield XD Mod 2. It is by far the best gun I own for handguns. I do own a Glock 34 and an HK VP9.
>>
>>30616522
Lol I forgot its not made in America strictly speaking, its Croatia. Either way its really good and you should consider it. I will post pictures of all for proofs.
>>
>>30616522
I had a Sprinfield XD when they first came out. One of them took a trip back to the factory for something. Ended up selling them both to fund my first 1911.

First time shooting a 1911 I was so pissed because at 15 yards I completely missed the target. As I walked up to the target I realized all 8 shots went in the same hole. I've been a 1911 fanboy ever since.

Some people can't shoot a 1911 accurately, sucks to be them. The only guns I've found even remotely close is my HK USP pistols.
>>
>>30616544
I've never been into the 1911's due lol9mmtooarmy4ufag. Though some of the best instructor's I've had trust their lives to the 1911 which is proof enough for me of its validity.

I have been thinking about acquiring one myself. What is a good brand name you would recommend that won't shrekt me ($1k range).
>>
what ever happened to the gen 2 m&p series pistols
>>
>>30616613
If you can stretch that $1k a bit, get a Dan Wesson.

If your $1k is your ceiling then get a Colt 70 series 1911. Yes they still make them. If not, get a Colt 80 series (IE 1991 Colt). Those usually run about $800 to $900.

Some people will say with Colt you are just paying for the name, overpriced, etc. If you want a bunch of MIM parts then get a Springfield, Ruger, etc...if you want less MIM get a Colt. If you want no MIM get a Dan Wesson, Bill Wilson or Les Baer. Stay away from Nighthawk...
>>
>>30616208
The apex FSS is the closest thing you'll get to a 1911 in a striker fired gun. And Ive tried just about all of them. Will make you sell your HKs because the triggers are so bad in comparison.
>>
>>30616730
I'm calling bullshit on that. I'm calling bullshit on that by a MILE!
>>
>>30616709
Thanks for the advice amigo
>>
>>30616748
Ok. Go shoot one.
>>
>>30616784
>apex FSS
You must be comparing it to the VP9 and the USP 9. The USP trigger is better.
>>
>>30616709

MIM?
>>
>>30616819
I don't think the USP trigger is very good at all. The VP9s is good until you try an apex. Also I don't care for the p2k trigger.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.