[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can a crossbow be deadly, fast and silent enough to take out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1467487177778.jpg (82 KB, 450x636) Image search: [Google]
1467487177778.jpg
82 KB, 450x636
can a crossbow be deadly, fast and silent enough to take out guards in a facility without anyone being alerted?
>>
no fudd anon, you can't storm the local military base because you heard they're running human-animal experiments and you want to see if there are cat girls

Baka
>>
>>30615274
Yes, but only if you took the silent running augmentation.
>>
the shot with the crossbow bolt won't be very quiet
>>
>>30616348
>>30616400
Kek
>>
You are going to have to make a stealth check and a dexterity check.
>>
File: why contain it.jpg (154 KB, 1037x691) Image search: [Google]
why contain it.jpg
154 KB, 1037x691
>>30616400
>>
>>30615274
Probably unless you yell "everybody cover your ears!" first.
>>
>>30615274
I own a crossbow
They make the sound of a .22, also it's a few steps short of reloading a muzzle loader.
A bow would be MUCH more viable but less cool.
>>
>>30615274
just get a silencer lad you should be fine
>>
>>30617212

I don't think that's going to be silent anon

love the idea though, and at least it doesn't give away where you're firing from
>>
>>30615274
>Can a crossbow be deadly

Is that a real question?

>Can a crossbow be silent?

No, crossbows make a loud "thunk" when shot

>Can a crossbow be fast?

A crossbow capable of reliably one shot killing a man would have a 200lb draw weight at minimum, I'd say you could get four shots a minute if you practiced a bunch and did a lot of deadlifting.

Your crossbow plan will never ever fucking work however because even the best crossbows are only reliable out to about 50 yards, at that range the guards would arrest or light your ass up before you can go all solid snake on them.
>>
>>30615274
Crossbow bolts with homemade C4 tips, maybe.
>>
No.

Also it generally takes a long time to die from an arrow, so unless you hit them in the throat or something. But even then they could probably stumble to someone.
>>
>>30618469
He would have to get within 50 yards the guards to have any real hope of an accurate hit, they would hear his fat mom jeans encased thighs rubbing together long before he got in range.
>>
>>30618469
Surprised this wasn't the first response. Even with a heart shot, a victim will have a few seconds to yell, radio, or most likely spray to alert anyone within several kilometers.
>>
>>30618508
>heart shot
>do anything other than stunned silence before muttering and passing out

You watch too many movies, both of you >>30618469, impact of a headshot or heartshot with a deerhead would easily incapacitate someone enough, the main issue is range and fire rate, along with sound.
>>
File: 1465831464855.gif (247 KB, 488x275) Image search: [Google]
1465831464855.gif
247 KB, 488x275
>>30617212
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.