[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bullpup General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_2939[1].jpg (85 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2939[1].jpg
85 KB, 1620x1080
I want one of pic related.
People say I'm retarded for wanting one
I don't think I'm retarded.
Discuss.
>>
Aug is pretty good.
Trigger isnt great tho.

Would get a tavor over an aug tho.
>>
>>30614804
I like the forepenis though, and the integrated scope
>>
>>30614838
Yeah, either one is good, alot of people own them, not a bad buy at all.
>>
>>30614767
1. Bullpups suck, OK got that out of my system
2. The AUG is actually pretty good
3. Now that Steyr is an option and not garbage MSAR, it's even better
4. Now with Magpul making AUG mags you're even better off
5. You're not that retarded
6. Despite all of the above, I still like the F2000 more. For reasons.
>>
>>30614881
I hate the look of the AUG with the rail though. It looks wrong. Also, I too want a jetski that also shoots 5.56, but they are quickly becoming onobtanium, and I want one with the integrated red dot.
>>
>>30614767
I'd love one, but i'm fucking left handed
>$300 for a left hand bolt
>>
>>30615001
Hey, atleast the support is there. They could've just said fuck you, stop shooting wrong-handed.
>>
Bullpup seems superior in every way.
Why is it not more common?
>>
>>30615018
>the support is there
It's token support at best, probably part of military specification, and ups the price of the rifle to two fucking grand.
>>
>>30614767
You are retarded.

Not for wanting an AUG though, I want one too.
>>
>>30615068
Vastly different manual of arms, shitty triggers, and is generally not enough of an improvement over the AR15/AK platform to warrant replacing them.
>>
>>30615068
It has more potential but it also requires more work to get it right. Most militaries only procure stuff that's good enough but not great. That's why you have a bunch of non-ambi bullpups with unnecessarily large stocks, shitty triggers and no offside brass deflector like the FN2000, Steyr, L85, Tavor, Groza.

All those problems could've been remedied if they weren't so cheap and lazy.

On the flipside this is a forward ejecting bullpup capable of shooting underwater rounds at the flip of a switch, an integrated GL and a respectably short length of pull. It can be done, the industry by and large is just shit.
>>
>>30615068
Handling.
Bullpups just handle like garbage. Absolute shit.
People will never be as fast and accurate with a bullpup as they will be with a conventional platform at the end of the day. The West learned this, the East learned this.

It's for good reason you don't see people at the highest level of civilian competition dominating consistently/at all with bullpups in competitive shooting, and that's the exact same reason you don't see people at the highest level of military operations using bullpups either, even if its their conventional military's standard issue weapon.

We're at the point now that bullpups are once again being replaced by conventional layouts, again for the same reason. The barrel length advantage is heavily negated when proper/advanced ammunition comes into play.
>>
>>30615193
>Bullpups just handle like garbage. Absolute shit.
Why's that?
I've never shot one myself.

Too much force too close the butt?
>>
>>30615193
>Competitions
Or, ya know, aftermarket stuff.
>>
File: 1378697561661.jpg (824 KB, 2100x1395) Image search: [Google]
1378697561661.jpg
824 KB, 2100x1395
>>30615193
>comparing civilian competition to combat
>ammunition magically overcoming the laws of physics
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>30614767
I want one too. I know the market isn't really there for it, but I wish they would do a short run of AUGs in the A1 configuration again.
>>
>>30615221
They're just awkward and goofy. Everything is cramped. Yes, this can be alleviated with training, which is key, but at the end of the day it's still a disadvantage.
The only place bullpup designs will ever truly shine is PDW/SMG type designs where absolute compactness is key or weapons that are painfully large/long, like anti-material rifles.
>>30615303
>comparing civilian competition to combat
You mean like a vast number of professional soldiers from SOCOM and JSOC units have been doing for years now and saying conventional static rifle ranges with the occasional moving Ivan are outdated?
>ammunition magically overcoming the laws of physics
Modern bullet design over rounds designed decades ago is a significant change and improvement, yes.

Keep being stuck in your "its the future!" mentality.
>>
File: Desert-Tactical-MDR.jpg (129 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Desert-Tactical-MDR.jpg
129 KB, 1280x960
>bullpups are shit
Don't worry, Mormon magic will fix it.
>>
>>30615424
>DT and the MDR will more than likely turn into the next Robinson Arms and XCR
>>
File: image.jpg (913 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
913 KB, 2448x2448
>Tfw no AUGs in Canada
>Tfw I could have bought another gun for the amount of money I'm gonna burn on the proprietary optic for this thing at the end of the month
Oh, well. I'll probably only ever get one chance to buy one, they're so rare.
>>
Is the tavor really great?
I have an Aug already and want to save up for an m1a, but prices seem good now on the tavor.
>>
>>30615415
>You mean like a vast number of professional soldiers from SOCOM and JSOC units have been doing for years now and saying conventional static rifle ranges with the occasional moving Ivan are outdated?
>implying revisions to combat training make it resemble civilian competition shooting more and not less
lel

>Modern bullet design over rounds designed decades ago is a significant change and improvement
>significant
Hah, cartridges have barely changed. There's some fancier rounds that work better for specific barrel lengths or penetrating certain barriers while still fragmenting/expanding, but that's just tailoring the bullet to a very specific scenario, you are still making sacrifices.

Most of all, all the velocity and terminal ballistic gains apply to bullpups too. They can do everything a conventional layout can but shorter. Considering elite combat units like to carry around 10" carbines (which is way past sub-optimal for any intermediate cartridge) there is definitely room for improvement.

>Keep being stuck in your "its the future!" mentality
ARs and AKs will always be around because they're cheap and easy, but their potential is limited. They have already peaked.
>>
>>30614767
Why the fuck are they called 'Bullpup' anyway?
>>
File: 1440078626.jpg (90 KB, 800x743) Image search: [Google]
1440078626.jpg
90 KB, 800x743
>>30614767
>regular
>bullpup
Why not both?
>>
>>30615536
>you are still making sacrifices.
Like switching to a goofy and awkward rifle to improve ballistic performance?
>They can do everything a conventional layout can but shorter.
This sounds like the marketing in a 1987 advertisement. Hasn't actually worked out this way.
>ARs and AKs will always be around because they're cheap and easy, but their potential is limited. They have already peaked.
What does this same logic say about bullpups considering entire military's are now dropping them to revert back to conventional designs and basically every respectable SOF unit, even those whose standard rifle is a bullpup, avoid them like the plague?

Face it, bullpups are dead outside of the aforementioned uses of PDW/SMG/Anti-material.
>>
>>30615563
Because British people
>>
>>30615572
>goofy and awkward
>Hasn't actually worked out this way
It's not the concept's fault that military industry and procurement is shit. Rifles like the Famas and L85 were botched from the start. You see new and better bullpups being develop already, while old models get updated.

>considering entire military's
Like? Plenty of militaries have doubled down or adopted bullpups. Australia has gotten new Steyrs, Israel new Tavors (which their SOF use), China is continuing development on the Type 95, Singapore got the Sar-21, Croatia got their VHS, Russia continues to develop various, and that's not mentioning all the F2000s (and P90s if you count those) and Tavors in military and police armories around the world.
>>
File: Daewoo-K11.jpg (62 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Daewoo-K11.jpg
62 KB, 600x450
>>30615567
Korea was here. China is small time.
>>
>>30615680
So... If you learn to handle a bullpup does it exceed a standard rifle?
The increased barrel length must mean something, right?
>>
>>30615507
>implying

DT isn't a no trick pony attempting to sell only one type of gun
>>
>>30615732
>The increased barrel length must mean something, right?
Velocity. You know, the thing that makes bullets deadly. It punches harder for the same size.
>>
>>30616012
Doesn't matter how fast a bullet goes if you miss
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.