[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does the ATF consider the barrel the part of the firearm with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: achkayyouempee.jpg (104 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
achkayyouempee.jpg
104 KB, 640x478
does the ATF consider the barrel the part of the firearm with a rifled bore or is bore length and barrel length different in the eyes of the ATF?

if somebody makes an AR with a a 10 inch bore with a 6 inch faux suppressor, is that still considered a 16 inch barrel?

all i understand is that the ATF measures the length of the tube of the receiver of a firearm from the end to the bolt face.

tl;dr what is the legal definition of "barrel" and "bore"
>>
>>30613860
>if somebody makes an AR with a a 10 inch bore with a 6 inch faux suppressor, is that still considered a 16 inch barrel?
yes as long as it's permanently attached
>>
I believe the faux suppressor would work if it was welded to the barrel since 14.5 inch barrels are good to go with a muzzle device pinned and welded.
>>
File: this is a rifle.jpg (33 KB, 295x255) Image search: [Google]
this is a rifle.jpg
33 KB, 295x255
>>30613901

i know on the kel tec SU series rifles, they submitted one with like a 15 inch barrel but it had a 1 inch muzzle device and the ATF said it was a 16 inch barrel, even though the actual barrel was 15 inches

man the ATF and the NFA need to get their shit together, pic relate
>>
>>30613860
that fake can looks like ass
>>
>>30613972
That's actually a Short Barreled Rifle
>>
>>30614025

>an SBR isnt a rifle
>>
>>30614025
Referring to the Glock picture of course, forgot to clarify
>>
>>30614048
And how come you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
>>
>>30614058

>an SBR isnt a rifle
>>
>>30613880
this. although, aside from clone reasons, theres not much reason to do what your asking. a 10" barrel with a 6" faux supressor has all the drawbacks of a SBR with none of the pros
>>
>>30613860
Only if it's permanently installed (welded)

I own a similar rig, except it's a flash suppressor, not mall ninja gear
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.