[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you shoot a pistol with both eyes open and you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: tmp_12692-taeyeon_11-1083425396.png (779 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12692-taeyeon_11-1083425396.png
779 KB, 1366x768
How do you shoot a pistol with both eyes open and you're cross eye dominate?

When shooting an m4 with irons or optics, it is no issue with both my eyes open.

However it's weird with a pistol, some say move your head over...however miculek coaches to keep your head squared and bring the pistol straight up to your eye for fastest draw time.

What is your technique?
>>
Come on faggots
>>
>>30613318
I am right handed but when doing drills i use my left eye

Jelous about your rifle ability. The second I open my left eye might sight picture disappears. I have to concentrate for like 1 to 2 minutes to get it back and even then I lose it after a couple seconds
>>
>>30613336
I fucking hate auto correct.
>>
File: 1435287897282.webm (2 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1435287897282.webm
2 MB, 720x576
>>30613041
I also have this issue. Rifle is fine, but when shooting pistol I have to focus on the rear sight.
Focusing on the front sight with both eyes makes me notice the whole side of the pistol, so the slightly out of focus front sight will have to do.
>>
>>30613336
Idk man, it just works with a rifle. Especially with a m68.

So do you not shoot a pistol with both eyes open
>>
>>30613041

What? You can literally just lean your head over a bit more and use your left eye with a pistol. You should have much more of an issue with rifle irons.
>>
>>30613409
Yeah, but like I was saying, in a situation where you wanna get it up the fastest. You'd stay square to target and bring pistol straight under your eye.

Not sure how practical that would be cross eye ed. Because then your arm wouldn't by sttaight.
>>
Meanwhile, I will post more Taeyeon.
>>
File: tmp_12692-taeyeon(3)-740489909.jpg (286 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12692-taeyeon(3)-740489909.jpg
286 KB, 600x750
>>
>>30613345
Turn it off than dumbass.
>>
>>30613041
I'm right handed cross-eye dominant. Just focus on the target and keep both eyes open. The sight picture should be with your right eye as if you had only one eye open.
>>
>>30613041
I rock my head over my shoulder as if I were shouldering a rifle
>>
>>30613041
It's okay to bring the pistol over to the dominant eye in my opinion. If you're really worried about draw speed you could try shooting lefty pistol but I don't think it's as big a deal as it sounds like. My expectation is that if you put equal amount of practice into both, you will see almost no time difference on a timer, on the order of hundreds of a second.
>>
>>30614547
Not OP but I'm going to try this. Been shutting my left eye when I shoot.
>>
>>30613041
I can't shoot both eyes open with my rifle. I don't know what vision problem that's considered but I'm right handed and left eye dominant.
>>
>>30613041
I have to sort of half squint with my left eye.
>>
>>30614547
Same. Puts my left eye on live with where the right would have otherwise been. I haven't timed it or anything but it shouldn't be any slower to draw since your head moves over in parallel with the draw.
>>
>>30613041
>>30613457
>>30613542
What is with everyone in the fucking world having some sudden fascination with South Korea?
>>
Did you try cornea massage? It's like foam rolling but for the eye. Take your gun, try to aim with both eyes open. If it doesn't work, poke yourself in the eyes. When the pain is gone. Try aiming again. If it's still not ok. Poke yourself in the eye, again. Repeat until you can aim with both eyes open.
>>
Get a bb gun replica of your m4 and practice all you can. Like everyday, every moment you have. Only that way you'll get gud.
>>
File: mfw2.png (389 KB, 710x436) Image search: [Google]
mfw2.png
389 KB, 710x436
>>30616507
are you fucking serious
>>
>>30616655
Not him, but I learned this method in the Corps. How have you not heard about it
>>
>>30616655
not him and can confirm this will help your eyes if theyre getting tired or you notice yourself losing visual focus

close eyes, press gently and massage while staring forward. not sure what it does but it relieves the hell out of any tension on your eyes
>>
>>30616655
Of course I'm serious. Try it. I guarantee you that you'll shoot with both eyes open within minutes.
>>
>>30616655

I feel like I should tell you not to do this.
>>
>>30613041
>when i was younger, same-eye dominant
>as i've aged, became more cross- eye dominant
you can train your dominance to some extent but it the short term keep your left eye half-closed and right eye fully open, it'll force your brain to focus on the right eye
>>
>>30613041
>however miculek coaches to keep your head squared and bring the pistol straight up to your eye for fastest draw time
Miculek is not cross dominant.

Just start with yuor head already tilted.
>>
How does one keep both eyes open when looking down sights that require you to focus on both the front and rear?
>>
I absolutely cannot shoot with both eyes open. Do you all have any tips? Is it even necessary?
>>
>>30616655
GENTLY massaging your eyes can relieve eye stress. Do not jab yourself in the eye.
>>
>>30613041

I shoot weaver stance. I find it more comfortable and natural for cross dominance
>>
>>30613434
Nigger, with training you can bring the pistol up to either eye in the exact same amount of time.
>>
>>30613041
pistol in middle, both eyes open and look down sights at target.
>>
>>30617596
And it doesn't look retarded.
>>
>>30613041
lazy right eye here
I find open sights much easier to use than aperture sights
I don't see how you find pistol sights hard either focus on the front sight or the target
>>
>>30617316
Jerry Miculek did a lot of cornea massage when he was younger. Follow >>30616507 instructions.
>>
>>30617561
You ever heard of deep tissue massage? Light massage won't do shit. What you need is a good amount of pressure to loosen the tissues and remove trigger points.
>>
>>30614578
Yeah, ultimately what you practice the most will be what you fall back on in a situation where you don't think but just move.
>>
>>30616418
It's just one guy
>>
>>30613542
What's with the crazy looking bitch?
>>
>>30613041
I have the opposite problem most of the time. It was easy to do with a pistol and most peep sights, but I cant for the life of me keep both open when shooting my AK.

For pistols, I learned by drilling in my house. I'd unload the pistol and point at random objects and focus on them. After a while, I could focus pretty quick with both eyes.

When I felt comfortable focusing, I'd go out and put a few rounds down range. Start at 5 yards and work back to 21.

Like I said before, it came pretty quick for pistols.
>>
>>30618671
I been doing this with snap caps this morning
>>
>>30618671
Did you try putting some drops of lemon juice in your eyes before shooting your rifle. It works great for helping shoot with both eyes open.
>>
>>30618867
I actually use paint thinner. Opening up the capillaries in the eye helps maintain sight picture.

I'll try the lemon juice.
>>
>>30618322
eyelid surgery to round out the eyes is a popular thing in south korea
>>
>>30619739
It's funny how Asians are trying to whitewash themselves...where as lib America trying to become black.
>>
>>30619831
well (south) koreans and japanese can be considered on the same tier as whites, they;re industrious, prosperous, ethical, intelligent, and beyond polite

chinee, however, are subhuman, lower than arabs and niggers
>>
>>30620028
Lol no. They are cucks that don't realize no matter what they do they won't be admitted into the club and are only going to be used and abused by their white overlords to divide Asia and keep it from ever being anything greater.
>>
File: 122435678762.gif (1 MB, 342x336) Image search: [Google]
122435678762.gif
1 MB, 342x336
>>30613041
dude how the fuck do you use rifle irons with both eyes. i can use both eyes perfectly fine with optics, but irons - no way. you gotta line up 3 points, and when i focus on the front sight i see 2 rear sights and can't even properly line up the front with the target anymore. how do you do it?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.