[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, did you hear about a game called "Onward"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled8.png (492 KB, 1000x475) Image search: [Google]
Untitled8.png
492 KB, 1000x475
So /k/, did you hear about a game called "Onward"?
It is Virtual Reality Tactical MilSim game
What do you think? Will it be success? Will it be worth getting and will it have good amount of non-cancer players?
Alpha Gameplay Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDrMbQhh3Y
>>
File: a33.jpg (636 KB, 2048x857) Image search: [Google]
a33.jpg
636 KB, 2048x857
>>30609740
I'm in the alpha. It's beyond great. [NDA] and [NDA] and [NDA] Amazing what Dante has put together.

One day we'll have full on Arma VR and the circle will be complete, but until then there will be Onward.

Also, >>>/v/
>>
>>30609791
>One day we'll have full on Arma VR and the circle will be complete, but until then there will be Onward.
Imo it will be only in very far future, because of arma CPU optimization and usage.
Maybe Arma 4, who knows.
>Also, >>>/v/
Was thinking about it, but is there a lot of people who like tactical milsims?
>>
>>30609740
this will go great with ptsd
>>
>>30609740
One of the main things with VR shooters, specifically ones that make use of motion controllers, that I'm curious about is how they'll handle recoil. It's going to feel really weird when a gun starts deviating from where you're pointing without any kind of physical feedback.

There's a sort of uncanny valley-like effect with motion controls where the slightest deviations from the perceived one to one movement create a really jarring effect
>>
>>30609740
I love MilSims like Arma and such but i lost an eye when i was younger. Is VR still possible for a cyclops like me or am i fated to be one of the few people in the future not locked to their VR Silos?
>>
>>30609740
If they simulate stuff like putting a TQ on someone or packing a wound that would be pretty cool.
>>
>>30611755
Why wouldn't VR be possible, idiot? It simulates you looking around, one eye or not.

VR doesn't suddenly stop working when I close one eye
>>
>>30609740
Looks clunky as fuck and retarded, just like all those VR bullshit games. That fad is going to die quickly enough, I'm sure of it.
Also, the graphics are shit and the animations absolutely awful.
>>
>>30609740
Why would you not just play Arma?
At least it improves your aiming snap at the range.
>>
>>30609740
S H I L L
H
I
L
L
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.