[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Powder Revolver for self defense in europe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: traditions1858remington_9696web.jpg (158 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
traditions1858remington_9696web.jpg
158 KB, 640x431
Considering that europe has horrible gun laws, and that muslims are killing us.
How easy it would be to get my hands on a black powder cap and ball revolver?
How are laws regarding them?
What about carrying one?
What models of could be purchased?
>>
File: Straight_pull_k98k.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Straight_pull_k98k.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>30608386
In Germany black powder weapons are easy to get, but you arent allowed to carry also it is for defence purposes easier to buy a gun illegaly
>>
>>30608451
Is there any EU country where there is a loophole regarding black powder guns for carry, i heard that in some EU country which i can't remember they arent considered weapons.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 267x189
>>30608386
>Don't get it wet
>You need to change powder and caps often at a minimum daily
>Hard to draw a long barrel in a tight spot
>Will misfire more often than a cartrage gun
>Not going to have time to reload if you miss
>Will still be illegal to cc
But a black jack.
>>
File: IMG_20151021_124432.jpg (722 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151021_124432.jpg
722 KB, 2560x1920
>>30608451
Just looked it up to be sure.
You need to be 18, the gun may only have one barrel and it can only be singel shot, also one needs an extra permit for the powder

>>30608500
Maybe in the czech republic they have better carry laws than most
>>
File: img_0255.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (411 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
img_0255.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
411 KB, 800x600
>>30608510
>long barrel
Not this baby
>>
>>30608386
Even a C17th-style musket requires a shotgun license in the UK.
>>
>>30608386
Depends on the country.
In France, currently you can buy a black powder replica, or most weapons designed before 1900 without a license or registration.
However that is going to change with the new EU gun law : every single gun will be restricted to license holders and registered.

>>30608500
There isn't, a black powder weapon is still a weapon legally speaking.
>>
>>30608554
>be eurocuck
>cant get a gun legally
>muslims and niggers are pouring like water and they bring guns with them
If race war happens we will be butchered.
>>
>>30608546
Still no where near as reliable as a good modern snub revolver. I wouldn't rely on it in a pinch.
>>
Can't carry anything in Australia with the intent to use it as a weapon. Don't matter if it's a cannon or a leather thong.

However, anything made before 1900 with ammunition not commercially available does not require a license, so you could easily get a cartridge revolver so long as you handload and don't mind toting an antique. You just can't carry it.
>>
>>30608500
I thought that was czechland.
>>
>>30609229
in Czech I'm pretty sure your permit to own a firearm gives you the right to carry it which is pretty great. I wonder how these new EU rulings will effect such a based nation?
>>
Buy an illegal gun. It's not worth fucking around with this in your countries.
>>
Can't answer the legalities, only some things about black powder pistols.
Great guns, great hobby. There are several BP derringers and a few small revolvers that are good for CC. For a home gun, or for a somewhat difficult CC, the best BP pistol in my opinion is one of the Remington 1858 New Army clones. Pietta makes a great one, and Uberti as well. Pietta is substantially cheaper at about $200-$250 if you catch a sale at Cabela's. IMHO, Pietta's quality has gone up the past few year; Uberti's has gone down. They're roughly equivalent, that is to say, both are good. Quality issues usually have more to do with minor fit and finish on these guns anyway, usually in the grip.
As for firing, learn to load them properly, the .44 will take a slightly larger ball than .44 that will "swage" when it is pushed into the cylinder, shearing off a tiny ring of lead and making a good seal on the cylinder. The 1858 has a good safety "notch" feature so it can be carried with all 6 cylinders loaded and caps on.
Don't listen to the "change out the powder and caps daily" nonsense, that's not true and anyone who shoots BP would tell you otherwise. After you've loaded the cylinders, a tiny amount of Bore Butter over the lead balls at the barrel end, or a pre-lubed patch between ball and powder, will serve you well. This does 2 things: keeps it well lubed and prevents an accidental "chain fire" where one cylinder ignites the next. If you're not sloppy while loading, it isn't much worry anyway and all a chain fire would do is surprise you with the extra kick.
These are steel frame. Brass frame tend to get shot out a bit and lose tolerances. Too many people that get into BP do 2 things that can injure yourself and/or ruin your gun: first, you should NEVER use modern gunpowder, only BP or a BP equivalent like Pyrodex P; and secondly, you should never overload with powder. Keeping the grain load on the light side still delivers plenty of punch and is easier on both your gun and your hand.
>>
As for getting it wet, I'm not a fan of getting even my modern pistols wet anyway, and can't remember the last time I did. BP revolvers are obviously more susceptible to moisture than a completely sealed cartridge, but you'd be surprised. With the balls swaged in, a tiny amount of Bore Butter or lubed patch, and the cap on the nipple, it's no more susceptible to moisture than your average cell phone. So yeah, neither a BP pistol nor a cell phone are really recommended for use in the rain or underwater. If you can live with that, you're good.
I'd advise trying the .454 balls instead of the .451, and start with about 20 grains of BP or Pyrodex-P. Work up to 30 or 35 if you feel like it. You can max load it, somewhere about 40 or more, won't really hurt the gun but of course increases wear and tear a little. (Overloading is more of a problem in long guns; revolvers overloading usually just makes things not fit right). Bigger problem is that overloading may result in the ball not seating properly or having good frame clearance and you having to empty it and try again.
If you don't want the messiness of Bore Butter over the ball, Wonder Wads between ball and powder are great for keeping things clean and the powder dry.
You can shoot all day for a few dollars worth of powder, lead, and wonder wads.
Read up a little on cleanup - soap and hot water are best, there are some dedicated natural products, avoid petroleum based regular gun cleaning materials.
>>
>>30610269
>>30610513
You do seem to be an expert of black powder guns sir.
>>
File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (263 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
263 KB, 1200x800
>>30608500
It's perfectly legal to carry bp guns in the Glorious Republic of Poland.
I'm a ROMB* member and we speciffically ordered precise andswer on the regulation from the police headuorters.

Also - some guys from us did some tests - loaded 2 Colt revolvers, left them in the locker for 2 years, they fired flawlesly.
Though everyone suggests using petroleum to protect the bullet ends of the chamber.

Also #2 - about reloading - you can find vids on JewTube on how to reload Remington replicas fast by changing the cylinder.
Plus, you can practise using paper cartriges, with some practice some people do well with them, there is even a company in Hungary that makes replicas of those.

>You need to change powder and caps often at a minimum daily
This is the dummest thing I heard all week, and it's been a long one.

*Ruch Obywatelski Miłośników Broni
>>
>>30609964
> I wonder how these new EU rulings will effect such a based nation?
It won't at all. Czech's and us already decided to tell them EU communists to go fuck themselves.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.