[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I go for the ballistic helmet with or without ear protection?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12
File: helmet.jpg (504 KB, 2890x1196) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
504 KB, 2890x1196
Should I go for the ballistic helmet with or without ear protection?
>pic related
>>
File: tpb.jpg (36 KB, 519x564) Image search: [Google]
tpb.jpg
36 KB, 519x564
>>
>>30606581
>ballistic helmet

Just wear a baseball cap and hope that you're high speed low drag enough to not get shot in the head.
>>
>>30606581
without

/thread
>>
>>30606607
/thread
>>
You got to protect yo neck my dude
>>
>>30606581
What kind of ear pro do you use? Fitting muffs/cans under a helmet is not going to be comfortable. If you got nothing else mounted to your helmet I would go without ear cover and we
>>
>>30606581
Helmets are for fags who can't sit still at their one round-per-minute range without fear of hitting their head on something or somehow getting shot directly in the head
>>
Unless you're overseas, you don't need any of these helmets you autists
>>
>>30606935
pretty sure helmets are for mounting NVG's, cameras, light, ear protection, etc. and also providing a ballistic option for more protection.
>>
>>30606971
>>30606581

You should only be using helmets if you plan on riding in military vehicles, the ACH saved my noggins a few times on some knocks on sharp objects etc

But even NVGs can be mounted a soft option like the Crye skullcap

The weight/annoyance of it isn't worth the fragmentation/pistol protection desu
>>
>>30607157
Helmets are fucking great for NVG mounts, blow me. Literally the only reason I would wear a helmet in a fighting situation is if I needed NV. They weigh very little versus your old PASGT, and there's no annoyance to or fitting issue to speak of if you get it in the right size for you.
>>
Ear protection
>>
>>30606589
fpbp
>>
File: nightcap.jpg (100 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
nightcap.jpg
100 KB, 351x351
>>30607793

why burden your head with something that is relatively heavy and cumbersome (it cannot be rolled up and packed away) when other options exist?

And to saying there is no annoyance with helmets, I doubt you ever had to wear one for continuous amounts of time. Any amount of weight on your head will be felt after a peroid of time and the chinstrap gets disgusting
>>
earpro over helmet doesn't stay in place well

earpro under helmet is a pain in the ass

helmets are hot and heavy, but do provide some degree of additional protection from the threats that people outside of combat zones are apt to encounter

>in combat zones, hey, why not afford yourself the additional protection?

that said, not a huge fan
>>
>>30607995
>over helmet
I phrased that poorly: "helmet-mounted" is what I shoulda said
>>
>not wearing a helmet
It's like you want to fall and hit your head
>>
File: ballistic.jpg (94 KB, 960x527) Image search: [Google]
ballistic.jpg
94 KB, 960x527
hey guys i need a helmet in a shtf situation, just like i got my kevlar underwear
>>
>>30608163
>>30607793
>>30606607
So what about bump helmets that offer no ballistic protection? Say you just need something to protect your dome from hitting shit?
>>
>>30608418
>bicycle mechanic here

dont get caught dead wearing a black bern bicycling helmet riding a bicycle (google "fred bicycle") but this is THE delta force helmet from black hawk down, pre ACH ... if that is what you want
>>
>>30608455
Yeah that works, but I was thinking more of having some sort of head protection while also being able to mount earpro. If you get like a FAST bump helmet knockoff that offers no ballistic protection, but still keeps your dome intact and allows you to mount ear pro, is that too autistic?
>>
>>30608636

If you absolutely must get a helmet, you might as well get ballistic for the added protection
>>
>>30608737
I get your reasoning, but with a plastic helmet you don't have all that extra weight. I mean, I probably wouldn't even wear a helmet in a SHTF scenario.
>>
>shtf
>in battle
>not wearing full battle rattle

I'd have a helmet because head trauma can seriously fuck you up and I'm not some weak necked faggot that thinks it's annoying/heavy.

If you have the money, get one so you can have protection and good mount. Just make sure you get good straps cuz holy shit the standard ones fucking suck.
Everyone shooting down the idea of having one has never known the satisfaction of headbutting goatfuckers with a rhino mount and then being safe from banging your head.
You'll most likely never need it, but if you do omg imagine breaking some leftist faggots nose with a headbutt when anarchy breaks out. Bliss.
>>
File: mmmmmmmmmmm.jpg (17 KB, 342x311) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
17 KB, 342x311
>>30608955
good post
>>
>>30608955
that's not the most nuanced answer

acknowledging that something is an inconvenience doesn't make you weak necked, as per you highlighting that PASGT was a bitch to wear
>>
File: ops-core.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ops-core.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
>>30609010
im going to buy a ops-core helmet
>>
>>30606646
You can't /thread your own post fag
>>
>>30609147
thats not me faggt
>>
>>30608955
>Shtf
>In battle
There's your problem, nothing of that will ever happen. Grow up you and leave your little fantasy world.

Op is a huge fag btw.
>>
>>30606741
Literal horse shit. Ran the crew headsets under an ACH in iraq, peltor 6s on ranges, and peltor tactical 100s as a LEO now. They fit underneath just fine and are comfortable. With electronic ear pro its just as good surround sound as no ear pro at all, and with the full profile MICH your ears are protected by IIIA. Only go with the slim operator profile if you have a legitimate need to do so that outweighs the advantage of protection. Anyone telling you otherwise is just a fucking neckbeard gear queer who wants to look cool and has no idea what theyre doing.

>6 years 11b
>OIF
>3 years as LEO for mid size city

I'm no operator but i have real world experience unlike most of the furries and weaboos on /k/.
>>
File: retard helmet.jpg (34 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
retard helmet.jpg
34 KB, 640x404
>>30606581
get this one instead, OP. it'll suit you the best.
>>
File: San Jose, USA 2016 - Mexico.jpg (137 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
San Jose, USA 2016 - Mexico.jpg
137 KB, 992x744
>>30610501
>There's your problem, nothing of that will ever happen.
Watch the news sometime, retard.
>>
>>30610769
>He felt for the race war meme
So you think that you're going to gear up and protect/fight something/someone? You're naive as fuck. Again nothing will happen and calling me retard does not change that.
>>
>>30610946
Ever looked at the fucking demographics? Whites are already a minority among school children and people under 16. race riots will only get worse from this point onwards.
>>
>>30606581
get withouth then trow your own ear pro on over/under it or get with and put ear plugs in
>>
>>30610769
>>30611103

If you legit think there will ever be a race war you are the worst tinfoil hate wearing mongolid ever.

Yeah nig nogs gonna nig, but there is no way on gods green earth you are going to get all tact up and go out into the streets and stop them.

Let the moon crickets kill themselves and keep praying for your race war that will never come.
>>
>>30611103
dude I would give you some credit if you said that you want to buy one because shits and giggles and because you fucking can, trying to justify your buy with shtf is pretty delusional, but your money your rules.

btw if shitskins want to fuck with white people may God be mercy for them.
>>
>>30609264
no it's me, and he said post, not thread
>>
File: white school usa 1344892094219.jpg (145 KB, 960x770) Image search: [Google]
white school usa 1344892094219.jpg
145 KB, 960x770
>>30611169
>zero arguments
how about you posit something worth responding to? you know, facts.

>>30611230
Hola José.
>>
>>30608455
Why are cyclists such gearqueers?

Why is it haram to ride a bike in anything but brightly colored skintight spandex short-shorts?

What is about bicycles that drive grown heterosexual men to shave their legs?
>>
>>30607793
"your old PAGST" actually offers protection senpai
>>
File: 20160709_192316.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160709_192316.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
I'm getting an ACH once funds allow.

Of all places I'd expect /k/ to be more aware of the fallacy of a "you don't need that" argument.

It is the bill of rights, not needs.
>>
>>30611882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCK2Tb_i30
>>
>>30611395
jesus, even the white one are mexican
>>
>>30612094
No kidding.
>>
>>30612395
was waiting for that one.

all i know is that when i have to fill out official forms I have to select "non-hispanic white"

because who would have thought that white wasn't clear enough
>>
>>30609147
We make our own rules.

/board
>>
>>30612395
It's official, everyone is white.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.