[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FN Five Seven or 9mm 1911
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: giveityourbestshot2-01.jpg (971 KB, 1200x1361) Image search: [Google]
giveityourbestshot2-01.jpg
971 KB, 1200x1361
Okay /k/ommandos, I have some extra money and I'm considering either an FN Five Seven or a Dan Wesson 1911 in 9mm. (already have two in .38 Super so don't mention that option)

Why not a HiPower? Because I already have 4 and I'm trying to decide between a Five Seven pistol or a 1911 in 9mm. And before anyone mentions it, I have access to "green tip" (IE red box) 5.7x28mm.

So what should I get?
>>
>>30604540
If you gonn get 1911 better put lots of love and care in the parts. Make your pistol personal
>>
>>30604540

Why not .45?
You don't seem to mind getting a gun in a new caliber or more expensive ammo.
>>
>>30604540

>5.7
Why? It's too expensive to be a toy and it's not good enough for a self defense round.
>>
>>30604672
>not good enough for a self defense round

lol
>>
File: FN5701.jpg (429 KB, 1737x1179) Image search: [Google]
FN5701.jpg
429 KB, 1737x1179
Inb4 Ivy
>>
>>30604540

Get the Five Seven.

If you already have 2 1911s in .38 super and you do not have a Five Seven then get the Five Seven, because you clearly do not need a 9mm for ease of ammunition acquisition and from an aesthetic perspective, also including the tactile experience of shooting the pistol, another 1911, no matter how nice, will be less special than shooting a pistol that is more or less unique to your collection.

My collection is nowhere as big as yours, but I try to add to it with things that bring something to the table that my collection does not already have, and for you it seems that adding a Five Seven will bring more than another 1911.
>>
You can add an 1911 9mm barrel and magazine and new spring and it should work for plinking otherwise why bother? .38 super is way better
>>
>>30604672
It's not that expensive. Cheaper than .44 mag
>>
>>30604540
>>30604716
I second this.
I own a five-seven myself, and I love it, I too hope to have a collection of different various style and caliber to have a much more varied sitting experience.

Wish i can get the sweet selection of ammunition of the 5.7, but I still like what I have. Elite ammunition makes some sweet rounds albeit expensive but worth it to me.
>>
File: P6112803.jpg (879 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
P6112803.jpg
879 KB, 1600x1200
>>30604540
Get the Five-seveN for sure. You already have two 1911s in a chambering that better matches their frame, so it won't be anything new or exciting for you.

20 round magazine capacity, nearly no recoil, extremely accurate, light weight, and holy shit its just plain cool are all reasons to get the Five-seveN.

Another note, the SS198 green tip ammo won't penetrate IIIa Kevlar reliably, so you'll want to get your hands on some Elite Ammunition T6B or S4M. Even so, the SS198 is by far the best round for self defense that you can buy off the store shelf.
>>
File: StampStation.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
StampStation.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
>>30606636
I'd like to add that the SS198 DOES penetrate level II reliably, though.
>>
Five-seveN for sure. It's like sizing down rifle ammo until it fits a handgun.
>>
>>30606713
With all the drawbacks that entails.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.