[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive been thinking about buying one of these Taurus CT9 carbines.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
Ive been thinking about buying one of these Taurus CT9 carbines.
Are they any good?
>>
Bump
>>
Wish i bought one.

Ended up spending like 1k on a 9mm ar, fuck my life
>>
>>30604470
that is literally the sexiest ar ive ever seen
>>
>>30604487
Damn. My local pawn shop has one of these for $469.
>>
>>30604470
>Taurus
>good
>>
Ian reviewed it for TFB.

SHort answer : no.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/11/08/taurus-ct9-carbine-review/
>>
File: CT-556 Taurus-556-1.jpg (197 KB, 1600x932) Image search: [Google]
CT-556 Taurus-556-1.jpg
197 KB, 1600x932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Ncm0wKk9U

Good Lord, you have access to so many good weapons, why buy this one.

Brazilians can only buy Taurus or Imbel 1911.. be happy you can buy something else.

>TFW the idiot politicians of Rio de Janeiro want to replace all FALs and AR15s with these in .40..
>>
>>30604470

Cheaper than the Beretta CX4 and performs as well for the most part.

You only get two 10-round magazines for it though and if you want more you have to special order direct from Taurus, if they even let you have any. The only higher capacity magazines are made by promag (I think) and they're absolute shit.

Still, the carbine looks neat and it's fun for plinking.
>>
>>30604470
Don't, anything Taurus which isn't the PT92 is questionable at the very best.

>>30604487
You got a considerably superior carbine.

>>30604497
Not an AR.

>>30607568
>performs as well
Dubious.
>>
>>30605772
All the other reviews i watched on it said they were reliable and sturdy. They even dipped it in mud and it shot the entire magazine.
>>
I have the Hi Point 9mm carbine and they are great. I don't care much for their pistols but the carbines are great and at only 250 bucks a good bargain. I herd they are coming out with 20 round mags but I only have the 10 rounders that have been standard :(
>>
>>30606870
Im looking for a cheap pistol caliber carbine though. Id get a JR Carbine but those are about $700-$800 and im only planning on spending at least $500 on the gun itself.
>>
>>30608032
I thought about getting one of those but the magazines are what i dont like about it.
>>
File: slide-R.jpg (204 KB, 940x275) Image search: [Google]
slide-R.jpg
204 KB, 940x275
>>30608032
You should be able to order them online if nothing else, Famicom.
>>
>>30604470
>taurus rips off the USC and UMP-9
holy lel
>>
>>30608362
>square plastic blowback gun
What is there to rip off?
>>
>>30604470
They've interested me as a PCC guy, but the lack of positive press or any press in general is worrisome. And in all honesty they are still just expensive enough that I might as well save for a decent gun. If they got the cost sub $450 then I'd buy one, till then it's just not worth the effort for me.
>>
>>30609492
Only 10rd singlestack mags available though.

Like, there's zero reason to get one of these over a Hi-Point carbine.
>>
>>30609583
You'd think since they still have all that Beretta tooling they'd be smart and use 92fs mags.
>>
>>30604470
It's a great little carbine, ignore the haters. Bought one for the girlfriend and she loves it. Mag capacity isn't an issue if you know how to use Google and a dremmel
>>
>>30609589
Import laws, self-loading rifles can't be imported to America being able to take regular double-stacked magazines.

>>30609669
Tell us about what you did with yours, I'm genuinely curious, what mags do you use instead?
>>
>>30609736
You got a source for that? Cause unless I'm mistaken we import a shit ton of double stack self loading rifles.
>>
>>30609736
Well first off you can just cut out the little humps that serve to limit your capacity. That right there bumps the standard mags up to 15 rounds which is average for a PCC.

Then I got some Argentine FMK-3 mags and drilled out a mag catch and did some sanding. Ez-pz

The ct9 Is basically the civilian version of a Brazilian SMG currently in use in South America. It looks pretty sweet. This guy did an amazing mod job on his to SBR it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/419171_Taurus_CT9_build_thread__short_barrel_added_PIC_Pg__3_.html

Hope that helps. It's a great project gun and has allot of hidden potential. At the very least your guaranteed to be the only one at the range with one.
>>
>>30609754
Nope, 922r

Every AK, every Vz.58 which is imported, they all have a single-stack magwell, then it's up to the importer to restore the magwell to a double-stack one (which is why early WASRs imported by Century back in the day were infamous for loose and wobbly magwells, because they didn't know how to fucking do that, as well as a number of FALs). Pic related is a WASR which was imported and didn't have it's magwell converted to a proper double-stack.

Everything else is either brought in as a parts kit and/or unfinished receiver, and/or is manufactured in an American plant (Sig Sauer, FN Herstal, IWI, Beretta, etc).

This is why the H&K USC (UMP) and H&K SL8 (G36) came with single-stack magwells, because of 922r (and why the H&K rifles are so painstaking to restore to double-stack, because H&K decided they would do a very thorough job making them single-stack only), as well as why the Taurus carbine here only comes with single-stack mags.

There's LOT'S of inane fuckery like this.
>>
>>30609861
Weird, you'd think they'd just get a local importer to drop in parts. Wouldn't be hard. I figured that's what you meant, but I'd never heard the ban applying to double stack mag wells. Either way Taurus should have just bit the bullet. Paying the extra cost for import to make it take 92fs mags would have saved this gun.
>>
>>30609842
Huh, one of those guns which is really handicapped by import laws then.

I'll say it's some impressive work he did on it.
I expected the upper to be plastic as well, but it's aluminum, and that inspires some more confidence.

Do you have a pic of your lady's carbine?
>>
>>30606870
Babbys first SCAR/Masada
>>
>>30609916
You mean converting it after it's imported to take pistol magazines? Yeah that'd probably be a better idea.

Of course, they'd want it to take PT92 magazines (almost the same thing), but converting some Beretta ones, or getting MecGar ones, and you'd have good magazines.

With that said, it seems you only need to do a little modification to make it take Colt SMG magazines.
>>
>>30610093
Or having a US plant, etc. But yeah they definitely would have impressed more folks with something that wasn't locked to 10 and proprietary. Plus they made it ugly as shit. They are interesting guns, but like I said I wouldn't lable them as worth it unless it's sub $450. Especially since PSA stocks 9mm AR parts all day everyday and they can be had for sub $600.
>>
>>30609492
Well, ive watched and read several reviews on the gun. They were all positive.
>>
I have a Taurus Carbine in .40

It's good. Go and be happy, OP.
>>
>>30604470
Daily reminder that if you purchase any Taurus product you are funding gun control and weapons monopoly in Brazil.
>>
>>30611067
How?
>>
>>30611577
They are owned by Magtech (called CBC here) which controls all ammo factories and ban ammo imports, they have both politician and army generals on their pay lists to ban any import that haves a "national similar", for example, they banned the Glock 25 because the PT638 exist, according to the army they are both similar because "they are both .380, striker fired and polymer frames", just like how any S&W revolver is banned because of Taurus shit or how 10/22s are similar to Magtechs 70222 (Mossberg 702 for you guys).

You can only import guns and ammo if you have a CAC, which is basically a marksmanship registry within army, needs a safe, club membership, participate in competitions and stuff, for civilians to purchase guns for HD, only Taurus, Imbel, CBC and Boito shit unless you buy something second hand.
>>
>>30604470
I collect pistol caliber carbines and haven't gotten one due to the mags. I may one day but I need a guide with glue on stencil for the lower to trim if I'm going to be ok with chopping on it for uzi or other mags
>>
Will there ever be a .357mag auto carbine?
>>
>>30611623
Huh, that sounds pretty bad.
MagTech isn't even a good brand of ammo.
>>
>>30611799
It's a piece of shit, to be honest, you need to reload if you shoot at least twice a month, prices are at R$7,00/round pretty much for the shittiest variant.
>>
>>30604470
They're absolute shit, don't buy anything Taurus except revolvers made in the early 80s or their PT92/99 series.
>>
>>30604487
Your 9mm AR is gonna last 50 times longer than some Taurus garbage.
>>
>>30611911
I've heard it's some of the dirtiest commercial ammo out there, that true?
>>
>>30612269
Yes, if you guys think Magtech and Taurus are shit there, here it's even worst, we get their 2nd line products.
>>
>>30611678
You can modify uzi mags to fit in this gun.
>>
>>30604497
>AR
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.