[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supressors on machineguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 2015103123.jpg (29 KB, 300x271) Image search: [Google]
2015103123.jpg
29 KB, 300x271
So yesterday was just looking at pictures in google images. It was then i saw this picture of two soldiers. Other one of them had a supressed PKM. That got me thinking, aren't machineguns primaly a loud weapon that is used to supress enemies. More I thinked about it I came up with few options: A) Suppressor is so that the enemy would have a harder time locating the shots. B) Its there so that the gunners ears wont explode. C) It's the special forces, everything needs to be cool and special. D) Just no reason, just looks kinda cool. Give your thoughts /K/.
>>
some people enjoy their hearing, just let it be
>>
>>30603958
With unsupressed machine guns you basically have to change the barrel after so and so many shot because it gets too hot. I imagine if you used a supressed machine gun like a machine gun is intended it would get hotter even faster. Unless we're talking about a water cooled machine gun.
>>
have webm of silenced dshk, but 4chan too shitty poor to upload more than 4mb...
>>
>>30603958
>What is concussion
Maybe they want to suppress their enemy, not their own guys to either side. Or maybe it's just to look cool, slavs are fucking weirdos
>>
>>30603958
Frankly there is the potential in having fear of an MG shooting and not directly knowing where it's coming from.

Imagine just hearing the suppressed shots and the bullets fucking up everything around you. You aren't going to pop out.

Also if the reaction time of a target you want to suppress is slower because they don't hear it / react as fact, maybe you get just a tad more casualties.

Who knows?
>>
>>30603958
Ive seen a bunch of pics of PKs with fuckhuge suppressors. It always gets me diamonds.

Russians can into suppressors so much more than most western militaries
>>
>>30604017
please enlighten me on how a suppressor makes a barrel less hot lol
>>
>>30604287
Could also be that its so it doesnt feel like a grenade going off when a handfull of 7.62x54R is touched of indoors in rapid succession
>>
>>30604287
Arma 3 experience in a nutshell.
>>
>>30604330
Reading comprehension.
>>
>>30604330
goddamn you are dumb as shit he said unsuppressed, and he's referring to barrel changes
>>
>>30603958

Suppressors make it more difficult to identify the direction from which the sound came, not sure if that applies so much for a pkm.

Could also just be for hiding the muzzle flash
>>
>>30604330
bet this idiot closed the thread and never looked at it again after this post kek
>>
>>30604403
You mean

>Get killed by medical bugs and improper damage modeling making you immediately die to a single shot to the leg from 7.62 while your buddy lives through a 40mm landing two feet from him

Right?

>Still no VRS
>No brownout

wew
>>
>>30604330
The turbine blades inside the suppressor cause the barrel to rotate, which air cools it like a gatling gun.
>>
>>30604403
I mean there are a few games there you can probably emulate the effect.

Suppressors are dirt easy to make so if Russia, or other places, found a tangible reason to run them, it's probably worth while.
>>
>>
>>30605156
Post it on /wsg/ or pomf
>>
>>30603958
basically the idea os to proterct the hearing of the gunner. Hearing protection is effective, but prevemts you from hearing a lot of things you need to that are not so loud, a radio message, an enemy speaking around a corner or a twig breaking behind you. ...Or you supress all your weapons and make it a non-issue, while confusing your enemy.
As for barrel changes....well cans are no all that expensive for the military, so you can just have them pre-attached to yiur sare barrels for when you change.

The enemy might be a little confused and think you are further away than you are, but they are not going to be lerplexed by silent bullets
>>
>>30604017
Noguns detected
>>
>>30604249
http://webmshare.com/
thanks
>>
>>30603958
Isn't supressing enemy purpose is so enemies can't be heroes, and don't try to move somewhere? It's not about sound isn't it?
>>
>>30605471
Elaborate.
Barrels of automatic weapons get hot, suppressors also get hot. Surely if you combine them you get double hot?
>>
>>30605842
>Surely
herp derp
>>
>>30605826
It's actually used mostly in police fields, so that they can fire their weapons indoors without having to wear ear protection.
>>
>>30604017
You are bad at being coherent.
>>
>>30603958

>spetznas will never use subsonic 200 grain 7.62x64r with a can on a machine gun to remove kebab
>>
>>30605842
kill yourself
>>
>>30606134
>7.62x64r

Muh dick
>>
>>30606134
Why? When they have subsonic 12.7x55 and jumbo VSS
>>
>>
>>30606048
>>30606231
Thanks for the admission of defeat. Double hot it is.
>>
>>30605156
uploaded
http://webmshare.com/JAbzL
>>
>>30605842
Surely if I pour two cups of water at 50°C into one pot they will start boiling because 50+50=100
>inb4 commie I'm American
>>
>>30606048
Thats how its spelt.
Anyway, hes right to an extent. Suppressor=more back gas=faster heating, which is the last thing sustained fire weapons need.
>>
>>30604581
Incorrect.

Suppressors act like magnets, except they only attract heat. So since they attract all the heat from the rest of the weapons system, hollow point heat seeking bullets don't work properly.

>FTFY
;^)
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.