[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ memes that need to die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1465788348594.jpg (60 KB, 715x710) Image search: [Google]
1465788348594.jpg
60 KB, 715x710
What are some things you constantly see be parroted on /k/ that are total utter bullshit?

>double strike capability
>high bore axis
>ar500 plates
>"gucci"
>>
File: Real_G_Shit_EazyDoesIt.png (250 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
Real_G_Shit_EazyDoesIt.png
250 KB, 400x392
>Exetershit
>Rust xDD
>Meme caliber
>Glock 19 is be all, end all CCW
>Glocknade
But for real tho, how do you mean by "Gucci"? Gucci gun/caliber? We Gucci? Gucci Mane?
>>
>>30602409
>how do you mean by "Gucci"?

People buying shit for their ar15's without knowing what it does because herd mentality. See: /arg/ buying geissele 2 stage triggers not knowing the purpose of a 2 stage over a single stage
>>
Bore axis isn't a meme. It's physics.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying though.
>>
Anyone that posts the word meme should be permabanned.

Especially OP, because he sounds like a whiny asshole.

>>30602409
Butthurt sigfag detected.
>>
>>30602308
whats wrong with ar500 plates?
>>
>the AK is indestructible
>the M14/M1A is unreliable and inaccurate
>all carry pistols must carry at least 17 rounds of ammunition because everyone gets jumped by sixty niggers at a time every weekend
>>
>>30602611
>people should be permabanned because I'm a huge whiny pussy

lmao
>>
>>30602611
>I'm a huge faggot please rape my face

FTFY
>>
>>30602308
Asking if things are memes.

It is lazy wording of a question and invariably leads to boring conversations. Asking if THING is suited to a particular use or maybe how THING fit into a given historic context is a much better starting point for a thread.
>>
>>30602534
holy shit this

But I still think OP is a faggot and this exact type of thread is what I hate
>>
Can someone tell me what is wrong with AR500 plates?! I was thinking it looked like a good deal.
>>
>>30602725
Also, not to belabor the point, but "meme" does not mean "thing I don't like," which it has in popular use become.

>Wait... is "meme" being used incorrectly a meme in its own right... I...
>>
File: a e s t h e t i c umaru.jpg (82 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
a e s t h e t i c umaru.jpg
82 KB, 728x409
>>30602620
literally nothing
>>
>>30602632
If you DON'T get jumped by sixty niggers at least once a week, you're not trying hard enough.

That's why I use a 30 round assault clip style magazine in my Glock 26.
>>
Not too sure how many anons here into knives, but...
>balimeme/memesong

Balisongs are every bit as much knives as knives are. If you're gonna have a folding knife, why not be a balisong? Trying to compare lockups and shit doesn't matter, if you use a folder for any sort of hard labor then you should expect it to break, if you need a knife to do that buy a fixed. But a balisong will still do the job of a folder and get bonus points for flippability.
>>
>>30602620
>>30602954
>>30602913
they're the same weight or more as ceramic plates but are penetrated by .223 out of long barrels and common hunting rounds while ceramic plates are stopping 338 lm. The only good thing about about them is you can smash them against a wall over and over and they wont break. But ceramic plates are also extremely hard to break and will still stop rounds even if broken.
>>
>>30603354
Ceramics also cost like 700 dollars.
>>
>>30603385
$250 for two on armor wear which is like $15 more than how much two 3+ ar500 steel.com plates would cost
>>
>>30603403
This is good to know. How do we feel about kevlar? Is kevlar not good anymore?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 382x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 382x237
>>30603385
>Ceramics also cost like 700 dollars.

Why do people even care about this when they're actually considering on gear that will in theory potentially save their lives?

I just don't get it...you go the extra mile getting gear then half ass it on the most crucial part. For what? If you're buying gear to look cool and throw back in your closet to collect dust for the next 4 years, cool.

Now if you're actually concerned about your safety in a gunfight and still want heavy ass ar500, you don't have your mind or money in the right place.

And have you actually wore two ar500 plates? People say ceramics are heavy enough when hauling it around overseas, try just one ar500, you won't like it. As a matter of fact, completely ditch body armor. It may seem cool as fuck but you're weighed down and can still die from getting shot. A plate won't protect you from getting shot in your arteries or your face
>>
>>30603497
You know what fuck it. Ill wait for science to come out with some new shit.

They have this stuff called nanocellulose, its supposed to be twice as good as kevlar and is supposed to be super cheap soon. You could buy a vest for like 20 bucks.

And there is graphene if they ever figure out how to make it cheaply. Its supposed to be better than kevlar too.

Also both are flexible and lightweight.
>>
>>30603447
Kevlar is only ok against pistol calibers, and I wouldn't trust it against anything bigger than .45
>>
>>30602534
>See: /arg/ buying geissele 2 stage triggers not knowing the purpose of a 2 stage over a single stage
I refuse to believe this is a thing. I always thought the term was just people buying expensive shit, and the term was applicable even if the user has a legitimate need or knew how to properly use it even if not needed.
>>
>>30603555
I don't even browse /arg/ that much but actually reading what those idiots are typing instead of skimming around looking at their pictures only, yes. They actually fucking do buy 2 stage triggers with the notion that a single stage is inherently more dangerous.

fucking christ. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I consistently see rear iron sights sitting far foward on the rails. Tripfags included
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.