[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this for CCW? Found one at local pawn shop in great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Thoughts on this for CCW? Found one at local pawn shop in great condition.
>>
Aside from weight there is usually not much wrong with old metal S&W autos.
>>
>>30601731
You're going to need a fairly large holster to tote that because of the weight and thickness. It will conceal under a jacket, but doubt it will hide under any summer clothing unless you wear a linen sportcoat everywhere. Great pistol, though. You should get it even if you don't CCW. They eat +P like candy.
>>
Fan-fucking-tastic pistols. If you're OK with the weight (about 27oz unloaded), DA/SA and a slide-mounted safety you should love it. They have great triggers and are very easy to shoot. Also they're retard-reliable.
>>
>>30601804
Mm, figured so. Just thought I'd fish for opinions here since none of my local ranges have one to try out, and I can't find much in the way of in depth review.
>>
>>30601850
>It will conceal under a jacket, but doubt it will hide under any summer clothing unless you wear a linen sportcoat everywhere.

They're not that thick, bro. If you can conceal a more modern plastic pistol in summer clothing you can probably conceal an S&W.
>>
>>30601850
>>30601856
Thanks for input /k/omrades, I think I'll grab it.
>>
File: tmp_11847-01060814151429066082.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11847-01060814151429066082.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>30601850
>You're going to need a fairly large holster to tote that because of the weight and thickness

When did 26oz and 1.26" become mk23 territory
>>
>>30601731
Nice piece but good luck getting replacement springs and such.
>>
>>30601731
It's a good size and capacity. I keep meaning to buy one, but all the ones I see for a good price are all old beaters. There's just something special about the old Smith and Wesson pistols, no matter if it's 3rd gen, 2nd gen, or the original 39's and 59's, but only in good condition. Beaters have really flooded the market, which kind of makes them feel less special.

>>30601850
>You're going to need a fairly large holster to tote that because of the weight and thickness. It will conceal under a jacket, but doubt it will hide under any summer clothing unless you wear a linen sportcoat everywhere.
Dude, what. It's the same size as a Glock 19, if not a little bit more compact. A normal holster fitted to the gun will work, and he should be able to conceal it under any loose-fitting shirt unless he's like 4 feet tall.
>>
>>30602343
Did you try looking on wolff gunsprings, numrich or ebay before typing that out?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.