[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Special forces mental thoughness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: taiwan training.jpg (158 KB, 1000x778) Image search: [Google]
taiwan training.jpg
158 KB, 1000x778
This thread is to discuss the idea of "S.F. require mental, not psyhical, expertise in recruits". I heard many comments among such line and i would like to collect examples and data.
i heard recruits get underfed, sometimes beaten up, and "weak" thin people generally pass the test. This is in opposition to the big muscle mass=true strenght idea which is so prevalent in most of society today.
>>
>>30601130
what
>>
>>30601160
im asking for examples of special forces tests that test the mental stamina and mental strenght of a candidate
>>
>>30601130
maybe
>>
Don't try to polarize things, the truth probably lies in the middle of what you're thinking. They say things along the lines of 'always do your best, never quit'. If you do that, you've nothing to worry about because if you don't make it or recycle, you weren't what they wanted or didn't prepare yourself enough (ie; you weren't what they wanted).

They do what's necessary to put you in physically straining conditions to push you mentally and see your strength of character and dedication to do what's necessary. Don't make it more complicated than it is.
>>
>>30601235
>im asking for examples of special forces tests that test the mental stamina and mental strenght of a candidate

A good benchmark would to seperate the people who actually pt fucking hard and those who sit on their ass typing stupid ass questions on the internet.

If you're wondering. No. You will not make it.
>>
College fag who's not really sure if ROTC and being put in a leadership position right off the bat is the best path for me. How much of a meme would I be getting into if I applied for an 18x contract after getting my degree?
>>
>>30601862
If you value the future of our country I would strongly encourage you to get a job that contributes to the economy instead of sapping it
>>
>>30601235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY08ZXSO1CI

Watch the second part as well.
>>
File: 1430176172749.gif (2 MB, 237x304) Image search: [Google]
1430176172749.gif
2 MB, 237x304
>>30601130
It's not that black and white you fucking nerd...There are successful mentally strong and physically "weak" trainees and there are successful mentally strong and physically strong trainees. Strength is never a weakness and more musculature is never a con.

Did you make this thread with the intension of trying to validate your physical weakness by thinking mental toughness is all you need and you could "totally be a l33t oper8tor...."?
>>
>>30603377
>muh validation
hello Freud
>>
>>30601862
Go for it, 18x does more and gets more respect than a random officer anyway.

Protip, learn to swim, run for endless periods of time.
>>30602684
Ignore this guy
>>
>>30601130
Dont know about other units a previous SAS commander wrote that he gave up trying to pick the ones that would pass at the start of training. There was never a pattern physically. The only thing the ones that made it had in common was that they wanted to be in the Group.

If you aren't sure if you want to do it then you're not ready yet
>>
>>30601130
multiple anecdotes do not constitute a data set.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.