[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi Point alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: hipoint.jpg (22 KB, 535x416) Image search: [Google]
hipoint.jpg
22 KB, 535x416
Is there any alternative to the hi point that is reliable but also relatively cheap?
>>
>>30600916
Bersa Thunder for a reliable .380
And well, I guess you can get Turk shit
>>
>>30600916
For $150? No.

For $250ish (including FFL/shipping if bought online) you can get a Taurus Millennium G2, but they you're gambling with Taurus quality control. Say what you want about Hi-Point but they've never had to recall a million pistols for accidentally when dropped.

If you're OK with .380, new Bersa Thunders are $300 these days, but still good pistols.

You can find a load of used and trade-in Glocks and M&Ps for $350+ new, so once you get to this price range you're safe. There's lots of choices.
>>
>>30600975
I've heard that hating on Hi Point is basically a meme for gun owners, but that they are actually okay for the price.
>>
>>30601202
It is. Despite being shit in every other way, they're generally reliable.
>>
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Zastava-Arms-M57-Handgun&i=UF101143652
>>
>>30601257
isn't 7.62 kind of a rare caliber or un practical?
>>
>>30601326
http://www.southernohiogun.com/zastava-m70a-tokarev-9mm.html
>>
>>30601340

nice
>>
>>30600916
At that price? Not really.
The owner of Hi point wanted to design and sell a cheap reliable pistol, so every citizen could exercise the 2nd amendment regardless of income.
>>
250 will get you Tangfoglio/EAA pistols

300 will get you a TP9V2 or a TP9SA
>>
>>30600916
Sccy
>>
>>30601404
>I want to pull the trigger 12 miles over a gravel driveway every time I need to shoot
>>
>>30601404
>set out to make higher-quality copy of Keltec P11
>do so, but remove compatibility with common, reliable, and inexpensive S&W 59 mags so you can make more money selling your OEM

I will never not hate them for that
>>
>>30601202
They're reliable, but their ergonomics are shit. They're also unreasonably difficult to disassemble for cleaning compared to most other pistols.
>>
They use the firing pin as the extractor

That strikes me as phenomenally unsafe for some reason
>>
>>30601755
No, they use the FP as the EJECTOR. People have always confused this as the extractor because they're stupid. Using the firing pin as an ejector is nothing new or unsafe.
>>
>>30600916
Looking around on Youtube, Apparently the Jimenez Arms pistols can be pretty reliable, SO LONG as you DON'T use hollow point ammo. Gotta be full metal or shit reliability. This can be circumvented by plastic tip bullets.

Apparently the 380 is a breeze to carry, not sure about the 9 or if you'd even want to use the 32 or 25
>>
>>30601326

>isn't 7.62 kind of a rare caliber or un practical?
It's not too bad at 30-ish cents a round for target ammo. And you can get hollow points for SD. 7.62x25 also has some bat-out-of-hell velocity (1500 to 1700 fps) and flies pretty flat. So despite being small, it will fuck up human sized targets.
>>
File: MP25_1.jpg (685 KB, 1912x1460) Image search: [Google]
MP25_1.jpg
685 KB, 1912x1460
Your wandering into saturday night special territory here. Anything made by Raven Arms, Phoenix Arms, Lorcin, Davis, or Rohm should run you no more than $100 a pistol.

A lot of these are only chambered in .25 or .22 but they will kill someone.
>>
>>30601326
>>30602213
Zastava also makes the same handgun in 9mm and markets it as the M70A IIRC
>>
I'd consider a Hi-Point if those were my requirements. Many people love the guns. Most importantly, they are known for being reliable. Hi-Point is a great American company in that it allows people of little means to have a reliable see-defense option. Not many companies can claim to have such a positive impact on America.
>>
>>30600916
My step-father is a decorated Army combat veteran. He has a bunch of guns and his CHL permit. He can outshoot any caliber I practice with any day with his trusty .44 mag.

He carries his Hi-Point everywhere he goes
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.