[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technical question for some of you knowledgeable anons Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: pin.jpg (14 KB, 247x181) Image search: [Google]
pin.jpg
14 KB, 247x181
Technical question for some of you knowledgeable anons

Is it possible to convert a non-inertial firing pin into an inertial pin?

I'm in the process of turning a brand new zastava m57 into a truck gun, but the pin concerns me. I could just leave the safety on, but I'd rather have something ready to roll, and don't really trust the safety for that matter, even though the m57 has a real safety as opposed to other toks.

From what I can see it's as simple as taking a few thousandths off the pin and getting a new spring, accompanied with several trials to get the spring right.

What say you crafty motherfuckers?
>>
>>30600193
>Is it possible to convert a non-inertial firing pin into an inertial pin?

Technically yes, but if the gun wasn't designed or it, it likely won't work

Inertia firing pins often have much stronger strikers/hammers
>>
>>30600193
>I'm in the process of turning a brand new zastava m57 into a truck gun, but the pin concerns me. I could just leave the safety on, but I'd rather have something ready to roll, and don't really trust the safety for that matter, even though the m57 has a real safety as opposed to other toks.

Toks won't go off unless you run with the hammer cocked
>>
>>30601015

couldn't you compensate for a stronger hammer spring? It seems like it could be possible, but it's gonna take a lot of trial and error. Are you willing to risk the error OP?
>>
>>30600193
why the FUCK are you destroying a ginuine tok? Just run it as is you cringing aspy
>>
File: 1447607738578.jpg (101 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1447607738578.jpg
101 KB, 728x636
>>30601533
>ginuine tok
>zastava

lol welcome newfriend
>>
>>30601533
Zastava M57s are literally brand new firearms dumbass. They have no historical value at all.
>>
>>30601571
OP here

and yes, they are new and very, very crude. But they're perfect project guns taking into account how cheap and shitty they are.
>>
>>30600193
call a gunsmith. let him have the liability if the shit doesn't work out.
>>
File: 1430173768716.jpg (47 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1430173768716.jpg
47 KB, 900x506
>>30601533
zastava firearms aren't historical and aren't genuine tokarevs. On that note what's wrong with bubba'ing a tok since theres over 25 million of them?
>>
>>30601673
>buba'd toks
pics?
>>
File: 003-8.jpg (64 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
003-8.jpg
64 KB, 1024x575
>>30602227
pretty clean imo
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.