[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did the mythbusters fill out form 1s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
For their grenades and stuff. or maybe Discovery? or did they contract the whole thing out? I remember explosives experts. what would atf think when they see requests?
>>
>>30599737
they say it every fucking time they blow something up

"heres our explosives expert from local law enforcement yadda yadda"
>>
>>30599737
San Francisco Police Bomb Squad
>>
Pretty sure they just brought some guy along with the proper authorization who operated the explosives and they just filmed it.
>>
>>30599754
>>30599759
>>30599772
i get that but they'd have to fill out an atf form and pay $200 tax stamp? also i wasn't here for a few days but did anyone question/mention where the dallas police got their bomb from? do regular police departments have grenades?
>>
You are now aware there exists exemptions for tax stamps for police departments you stupid faggot
>>
They had cop departments donate most of the very cuckifornia uncool stuff.

Such as a lot of their myths involving guns. the non cali compliant guns they used were given to them for filming w/ local cops.

Police department exceptions and a few Hollywood ones when it comes to explosions. SFX and practical guys have a few exceptions of their own
>>
>>30599849
T-thanks buts it's not like they ran to homedepot and made a pipe bomb. And so ill go with "mythbusters hired explosives crew to handle all forms and paperwork, in addition to obvious safety considerations, Adam never signed a form 1/sent in $200"
>>
>>30599895
ok thats also what i was beginning to wonder, if Hollywood was in the loop for that, I mean I don't think I can just start a youtube channel and ask atf "muh form 1 for a pipe bomb to blow up this old car :DD for science and entertainment :DDD"
>>
>>30599792
its dallas, they probably called in a special team and had them their in 30 minutes.
>>
>>30599925
you dont have to have a very good reason on a form 1, generally 'for all lawful purposes' suffices because they can't really say there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>30599994
Judt gotta reword your reason for meeding a pipebomb and maybe be a bit of a youtube celebrity
>>
>>30599994
>>30600081
and have an atf approved storage magazine right?
>>
>>30599737
All explosives were never in their possession. The local police and bomb squad had them, even if much of it was non-conventional for a police department. This would negate the tax stamp and legality. They were just trusted to use them safely.
>>
>>30599792
Form 5 for LE is tax-free
>>
>>30599737

No because they ask and use the ATF during their experiments.
>>
>>30599792

silly anon, laws don't apply to cops
>>
>>30599737
I'd assume that the majority of their explosive ordinances were under state/local jurisdiction.

They also likely had some representation from the local sheriff/bomb squad during the filming.
>>
>>30603559
And Hollywood Pyrotechnics aren't High Explosives. Most of the time they're some kind of gasoline fireball system, which looks more impressive on film.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.