[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confiscated guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 750x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 750x720
>makarov, tokarev, and Mary Jane

Which one of you got arrested? Also confiscated guns thread
>>
>>30599297
Do they just use empty donut boxes as evidence containers?
>>
>>30599297
>implying riffraff doesn't buy cheap slavshit because it's so cheap
>>
>http://www.gunbroker.com/item/570426160
>This HK is in good shape. It came out of a local police evidence locker and we bought it.
>>
>>30599884
at least its getting sold instead of just destroyed

friendo of mine bought a 2012 F150 at a police auction for 5k because it had "some bullet holes" but was still fully road worthy. he didn't ask if anyone died in it
>>
>>30599920
What I want to know is, why didn't the original owner get the gun returned to him?
>>
>>30599332
What do you think they use, lockboxes?
>>
>>30599926
might be dead. look up the serial number and see if you can fuck with the seller. Only assholes have reserves anyway.
>>
>>30599926
probably involved in a closed case or stolen with no owner to claim it

police auction shit off all the time. You don't expect some drug dealer or ex-convict to go claim his gun do you?
>>
>>30599884
Why don't you buy it in new in stainless for 150$ more

https://www.cdnnsports.com/hk-usp-45acp-compact-v1-stainless.html
>>
File: 20150531_052533.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150531_052533.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Posted this in a /k/op thread not to long ago.
Real career criminals/gangbangers love S&W Sigmas and the like and these make up about 95% of the guns I pull off of dindus. Only teens (15-19) carry hi-points and I have only found a few in my career. Coolest gun I ever pulled off a dindu was a felon I pulled over and arrested for 4th offense OWI; an H&K 45C in Desert Tan. Was stolen of course.
>>
>>30599997
I might, anon. There are a number of Gunbroker auctions that I am watching, to see if I can get a deal on a classic USP. Thanks for posting that link, though. Now CDNN will sell out of their inventory or prematurely end their sale before I can make up my mind on which one to buy.
>>
>>30599389
>implying any of the slavshit posters here aren't typical riffraff
>>
>>30600013
I always run into shitheads having Bersa Thunders

Those SDVEs like you posting are incredibly common as well. I've never encountered a hi-point that wasn't being legally owned and carried.

I work in one of the murder capital cities.
>>
>>30600013
Honestly, those dual-colored pistols with the silver slide just scream "I want to look like a gangbanger". They're ugly, unaesthetic, and provide absolutely no additional value to the gun whatsoever, if anything making it less concealable in low-light conditions.
>>
>>30600082
shitcongo?
>>
>>30599332
We use cardboard boxes because they don't trap moisture like a gun case will. A gun from a sweaty redguards waistband will rust slower in one of those vs a sealed plastic case.
Wish I had some photos of the cool stuff we have in our locker. A potato digger machine gun and a stack of FA Mac-11s is just the tip of the iceberg. So many "Bubba didn't know the rules" sbr creations. Some excellent, some horrifying.
>>
>>30600094
That's a pretty harsh criticism. Just because gangbangers like stainless pistols doesn't mean that all stainless pistols are ruined because of guilt by association. It's an acceptable way to increase the aesthetic appeal of a polymer pistol. Raw stainless is a very serviceable and practical finish, but can be polished up for a very clean look that's flashy, but not gaudy.
>>
>>30600082
I work in a city of 125k right outside a murder capital so we get all the bleed off from it. Doing gods work anon.
>>30600094
It's funny though because as awful care of these people take of these things they have EXTREMELY low round count. You shake out all the pocket boogers, blow out all the pocket lint and give it some oil and it's basically new. No felon is going to go practice at the range. They buy these things and shoot them at a cat in their ally and they are good to go.
>>
>>30599297
Bruv why deze niggas look lyk dey about to drop da most fire mistape ?
>>
>>30600013
Agreed mostly S&W out in my county. I've confiscated about 20 guns over the last 5 years that I can remember:

Most at S&W revolvers or cheap autos (older 5906's and newer Sigma's both).

Plenty of shotguns, mostly the Mossberg Cruiser, sometimes a cheap Chinese clone, but not often.

I saw two Hi Points get confiscated off some corner dealers when they had an argument and pulled them. Amusingly they were loaded with wadcutters.

Had one guy with a stolen Luger trying to sell it for meth. Turns out he robbed some retired guy's apartment. Gave it back to the owner, but man please lock your shit up. Meth head steel everything.

Lastly there was two rifles confiscated: a beat to shit MAK-90, and a gucci'd up AR-15 that was missing the bolt. I'm thinking they were intimidation weapons than not.

9/10 all the crimes i see are handguns though. some knives, lots and lots of fists or chains or pipes.
>>
>>30600215
Poor kitty :(
>>
>>30600116
I've done the "warn and advise" deal with some people who I know are harmless. i don't care about SBR or AOW laws, whatever. if it's some guy just having some fun, no priors, no warrants, and he's being safe and not a dick or anything, then warn and advise and be on my way.

i did confiscate a polymer lower that some moron thought was a good idea to drill a sear pin hole through and put a fake pin in (glued) so it looked like a machinegun. told him that didn't fly, took the lower, and said next time he's caught with this I will arrest him and contact the feds.

transferables are legal in my state, sucker just wanted the looks and was cheap.
>>
>>30600238
are they .38 s&w snub nosed revolvers? because everything else from s&w is pretty pricey.
>>
File: ice t.png (245 KB, 596x329) Image search: [Google]
ice t.png
245 KB, 596x329
>>30599981
Figured they would be vacuum sealed in a plastic bag and tossed into a plastic container/bin.
>>30600116
Ahh that makes sense, no love for silica pellets and plastic then I suppose. If you're allowed to snap pics of that stuff I'm sure /k/ would love to see a "Tales(read:horrors) from the Evidence Locker" thread.

pic unrelated
>>
>>30600280
>i did confiscate a polymer lower that some moron thought was a good idea to drill a sear pin hole through and put a fake pin in (glued) so it looked like a machinegun. told him that didn't fly, took the lower, and said next time he's caught with this I will arrest him and contact the feds.
How did that go down? I don't want to get into a discussion of the legality of the man's lower, but I mean, how did he let a cop close enough to his gun that you could count the pins in the receiver? How did the situation even come about?
>>
>>30600282
they are older .38's usually, sometimes .357 the market was saturated with them in the 90's with the whole Safe T Hammer thing.

I did see one guy using moon clips and 9mm actually, which was a novelty. prior to that i wasn't aware that would work. had a shaved cylinder like some webley's

some were rossi clones from brazil.
>>
>>30600282
Not him but S&W has made millions of revolvers. These things are beat to fucking shit; rattley cylinders, fucked timing, cracked or no grips (duck tape is a popular grip finish along with electric tale), and sometimes a wonderful pushoff from a ghetto gunsmith who saw a Brownells video on YouTube.
>>
>>30600311
it was at an indoor firing range and i was trying out a new backup gun to see if i wanted to buy it off another officer. i noticed him talking about it and it looked like a normal AR pistol, until he set it down and as i passed behind i noticed the shiny third pin against the matte polymer.

guy was a younger dude, early twenties, skinny jeans, and was showing off to some fat guy about his gun which was all tactical'd up with keymod and everything. had a shockwave brace on it.
>>
>>30600357
Were you on duty?
>>
>>30600370
no but i was in uniform, having just got off work. which was the funny part. guy looked like he saw a ghost for a few seconds.

i've never seen a gangbanger or druggie have an actual machinegun, which is a good thing, but also i'm curious how much skill is put into a conversion other than fucking with "the firing pin" or something that some bubba's do. host i've seen was a slamfiring SKS.
>>
>>30600405

Usually, for a firearm to be sold commercially in the U.S, it can't be easily convertible to full auto. If it is, LOL BATFE usually deems it an MG when they find out and, at the very least, confiscate the whole lot of them.

So yeah, it's not supposed to be easy.
>>
>>30600627
look at the plumcrazy lower. it's pretty easy to convert with a drill press, not even kidding.
>>
>>30600405
I'm gonna call bullshit on your story.

He already committed a felony when he drilled that hole, by you letting him off with a warning you should have been reamed by your superior.

Fake and gay 3/10.
>>
>>30600701
pc code 4 gives me discretion towards the spirit of the law rather than the letter - furthermore the money saved would be better spend imprisoning someone who deserves, it not some show off.

i don't have psychic superiors breathing down my neck constantly. warn and advise is a useful tool to let things go and in this case a confiscation on a nuisance object, which is a misdeameanor. mandatory arrests like DV or whatever i'll be less forgiving.

we aren't robots. and skinny dude was clearly spooked enough to either not do it again, or to not show it off. either way keeps it out of the public which is my goal.
>>
>>30600679

They do go after open-bolt "pistols" and the like though. It might be that they either consider the drill press, skill, and effort needed to be more than your average retarded gangbanger can muster, or they haven't noticed yet.

Don't give them any ideas.
>>
>>30599332
thats what a standard evidence box for a weapon looks like
>>
>>30600776
Except that by drilling that hole he created a machine gun.

You may think that he only created a nuisance object but these are NFA laws we are dealing. I would recommend following up with your armorer and looking up what the ATF opinion is because you may have just goofed.
>>
>>30599297
youd be surprised the things we pull off suspects. Its not all hi points and problem solvers. Just last month I pulled a walther p38 off some guy, he called it a luger and said it was one of hitlers bod guards and he paid 800 dollars for it
>>
>>30600871
another anon here. All skinnypants did was a cosmetic modification, without the seer its just a very legal grey area that copanon handled correctly. If skinnypants was a smarter man and really wanted a seer it would have been done with all internal mods.
>>
>>30601007
There is no grey area.
Modifying a receiver to be capable of taking an auto sear is manufacturing of a machine gun.
>>
I'm suddenly very glad my gun safe is hidden in a wall.
>>
>>30601035
fuck off atf shill, who gives a fuck
>>
>>30600871
Fag.
>>
>>30601035
You sound like an ATF bootlicker pissed that someone else got to walk for something you always wanted to do but never had the guts for.
>>
>>30601204
I'm not the guy you are replying to, but there isn't a gray area.

There is no gray area in ATF land. Best way to check up on this is send a letter to ATF Tech bureau and see what they say about the fake scenario that idiot LEO decided to share.

I guarantee you that unlike the rear shelf for a lightning link, machining to accept M16 FCG parts is not cool.
>>
>>30601177
Not my fault boy idiot fucked up his story.
>>
They're individually bagged, that fucker got intent to sell

RIP in peace, anon
>>
File: 1451492619107.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1644) Image search: [Google]
1451492619107.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1644
>>30600303

You got anymore of them memes?
>>
>>30599297
shoot, a guy could have a pretty good time in Vegas with all that
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.