[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
I've been lurking on here for quite some time now. However I want to join the military. I am thinking of joining the UN peacekeeprs. I have no idea how to join, anyone think its a good idea?
>>
>>30598391
The UN peacekeepers are the ATF of the world in a way.
>>
>>30598391
You join your national army.

If they are part of a un peacekeeping operation you may then be tasked to it.

Easiest way is to be a police officer then apply directly to the UN after 3-5years of service.... You will be investigating the UN blue helmets for rape and extortion.
>>
>>30598391
Nobody thinks it's a good idea.
>>
>>30598391
Good idea if you want to rape third world kids
>>
>>30598410
They take guns away from innocent people but are unwilling to fight people who are practically evil and armed with guns?
>>
>>30598391
>Unironically wanting to join the UN
Have fun with those retarded rules of engagements. Worked so fucking well in Rwanda. Oh and don't forget to disarm the innocents and leave them defenseless as you watch them get their famillies raped and killed since you have to follow "RoE"
>>
>>30600211

The Rwanda RoE are gone, they were overhauled. Now blue berets are allowed to conduct offensive operations against people they believe are an immediate threat to the peace process or civilian lives.
>>
>>30600477
how come that low grade bank clerk von vumperoy wants a eu army than?
>>
>>30598391
we would be eager to add your helmet to our collections
>>
>>30598391
Are you actually this stupid? UN peacekeeping forces are just member states national militaries that get volunteered for the duty. Join your country's military or, better yet, just go rape some niggers if you want the real UN peacekeeping experience.
>>
>>30598391
to be a peace keeper you all ready have to have some sort of military experience under your belt. do the peace corps
>>
File: 1467231797481.png (610 KB, 688x720) Image search: [Google]
1467231797481.png
610 KB, 688x720
>>30598391
UN military doesn't exist as an independent entity. They're troops on loan from a nations armed forces.
>The US sends 1000 soldiers to participate in UNSMIL
In that example you've got 1000 grunts essentially slapping on blue berets and taking orders from a Belgian. Whoohoo. That's the UN peacekeepers in a nutshell.

>What about UN Police?
Essential they work exaxtly the same. The UN does not field it's own forces.
>>
>>30598391
Remember that you'll be police, not a soldier. Stick with the prod.
>>
File: 1419393338196.jpg (328 KB, 2254x1684) Image search: [Google]
1419393338196.jpg
328 KB, 2254x1684
>>30598391
>>
Why do so many fucking retards on here think Peacekeepers are an independent force?
>>
>>30602877
I have no idea, it never has been
>>
>>30600155
Worse, they've had issues with troops "engaging in human trafficking and prostitution" at questionable ages...
>>
>>30600477

I think blue helmets will forever have the stigma of being pussies who run at the first sign of trouble until a sizable group fight to the death to defend a refugee camp.

All thanks to Dutchbat.
>>
>>30600477
Sometimes UN forces of a nation will deliberately throw the UN roe's away when they've had enough.
See: Vrbanja bridge in 1995.
The Serbs captured a French blue helmet outpost by surprise, and they retaliated with a bayonet charge.
>>
Speaking of which, what ever happened to the Chinese peacekeeping unit? They sent like troops starting last year.
>>
>>30598391
>I am thinking of joining the UN peacekeeprs.
That's not a thing. State militaries lend their troops to UN missions.

>>30604175
This also happened in africa.
>>
>>30604175
Yeah, but the French historically are actually pretty good as soldiers
>>
>>30598391

>Bluehelms

You do not want to join the blue helmets, as it's the stigma of being a soldier and being a cop rolled into one shitty-arse job that will probably have you suffering from dysentery or another disease as you're forced to investigate human rights violations and then do nothing but stare as your would-be suspect has diplomatic immunity or some shit and accomplish nothing.

The UN Peacekeepers are "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" the army.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.