[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: wm_8660645.jpg (60 KB, 686x586) Image search: [Google]
wm_8660645.jpg
60 KB, 686x586
Just turned 21 and I'm looking to get my first handgun. What would you guys recommend? I've done alot of research but I figured why not stop here and get some information. I'm looking for a 9mm, mainly something I can just take to the range. I don't really want to spend over 800$.

Picture is a SIG p320, something I would consider buying.
>>
9 is gay. What are you? A fucking kraut?

Get a glock 21 or sig 220.

Or 1911 if you're feeling particularly American
>>
>>30596300
9mm seems to be the most practical for taking to a range.
>>
Rent and finger fuck a bunch of different handguns, then choose whichever you want.
>>
>>30596320
Get a 22 if you're wanting a cost efficient pinker dude.
>>
You need a .410 Snake Eater, it's really your only option now.
>>
>>30596346
Plinker*
>>
>>30596353
The only problem is I would consider carrying it at times. So for self defense purposes I don't really want a .22
>>
I guess. They do have high capacity 45s.

FNs for example. Although personally I didn't feel anything about it when I shot it, that'd make me want one. Unlike a sig 220 elite, that's a sweet shooting girl. Same with G21
>>
Sig 320 9mm compact.

Great price, great ergonomics, swappable parts, good striker gun for learning.

9mm for the availability, price, and best bang for your buck. Self-defense 9mm ammo is some of the best in the market, and 115gr garden variety target ammo is amazingly cheap for training with.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 193x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 193x258
>>30596292

GLAWK

NINE

TEEN
>>
>>30596401

Do you own one personally? Has it ever given you trouble on the range? How many rounds do you typically put through it at a time? How is the maintenance on it?
>>
>>30596436

I do, I've owned once since March. I have put probably 1000 rounds through it. Not a single malfunction. I do about 100 rounds at the range per visit, but I do specific drills that only use x rounds per mag.

The maintenance is super easy. Takedown is great, does not require you to pull the trigger, and is very simple. Simple to maintain like any other striker fired gun. Not much lubrication is needed other than on the slide rails and feed ramp. Just a dot of slip for me.

It is my daily carry.
>>
>>30596401

Agreed. CZ P07 if you'd rather have DA/SA.
>>
>>30596292
SP2022
CZ P-07/09
CZ-75 variants and knockoffs like the Jericho
P320
Glocks
FNX/FNP
P2000
Steyr M9
VP9
Some P226s are sub $800
>>
Hk45
>muh man stopping power
Around 1g but its worth
Get a glock 27 if you are going to cc
>>
Don't listen to the retards telling you to go for anything but 9mm. You want a common round, shot by a common handgun, such as the Glock 19 or M&P9 compact.
The Sig P320 compact does look pretty good as well.

Avoid anything else like a nigger.
>>
>>30596749

Buying a .40 is like buying a Tapout tshirt or those testicles you hang off the back of your truck. Way gay.
>>
>>30596749
45 > 9 homeboy

>Muh capacity
>Muh follow up shots

Recoil difference is marginal, plus what do you need 20 rounds for, none of you faggot are getting in a firefight.
>>
>>30596292
The P320 is an excellent firearm and I prefer mine over my past Glocks. That being said my Sig M11-A1 is my EDC but it breaks your price range.

>>30596327
Good advice here OP. Shoot it.

>>30596549
I saw a P226 just the other day for 600 in great shape. If you are patient this is a great option but I'm a Sig fag.

>>30596802
Implying you get in firefights and don't move, shoot, and miss. You can keep your 8 rounds and I will keep my 15.
>>
>>30596907
nobody on here is getting in firefights.

and for the military dudes that are, they are using a rifle, not a goddamn pistol

fuck off dude.
>>
>>30596371
Ok so what the fuck do you want? If you're gonna take it to the range, you want a full size handgun, a wonder nine. I had fun with the CZ 75 and Beretta Px4.

But if you're gonna CC it, you need a subcompact. I like the Springfield XDS for that.
>>
Because people are arguing about 45 vs 9 and mag capacity, I found an FNX 45 going for like 700 earlier.
15+1 capacity
I like the Beretta 92fs as far as 9mm goes.
>>
>>30597300
Mainly I know I want a 9mm within the price range of 800$. I'm just looking for information. I will definitely shoot the gun before I buy it. But I figured asking for opinions here wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>30597633
have you ever seen a thread on here where ppl post their shit?

its all hi point type shit

old ass piece of shit guns and stuff

nobody on /k/ actually has the stuff they are giving opinions on
>>
>>30597655
To be perfectly honest I don't browse 4chan to much anymore. Occasionally check here and the music thread. But I hear what you're saying.
>>
>>30596802
Stop.

>>30596292
The P320 or the Glock 19 are both arguably the best possible first handguns today. They're both cost effective, easy to use, get shit done handguns that fire an effective/affordable round.

If you're gonna get anything in .45, do so after you have fired MANY rounds with your first gun and have money to kick around, .40 is a meme caliber.

I know it's a boring answer, but it's the best advice I have for you, good luck anon.
>>
used USP, caliber of your choice.

HK makes the best handguns in your price range, period.

Sig fags are the worst.
>>
HK P30SK is the best all-around sub-compact handgun on the market. You can get one on sale in the 600s.

As I said, HKs are the best pistols, period.
>>
>>30598771
Solid advice. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the honest answers.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.