[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.32 acp revolver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: revolverless ocelot.jpg (63 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
revolverless ocelot.jpg
63 KB, 750x600
I'm looking for a .32 acp revolver.
Reason is I want something small-ish as a companion firearm to my Vz 61.
And yeah, I'm decided on .32 acp, if I wanted a 9mm para I would get it in the first place, so let's not get into a caliber debate.

That being said, what can I fire .32 acp out of? I'm pretty sure there are no revolvers directly for it.

Thanks for any info
>>
Do some research on the 7.62 nagant revolver. And check out the 32 h&r and 327 fed mag revolvers. Might be able to have them cut for moon clips for resonance by a machinist gunsmith.

Why not auto?
>>
>>30594420
>Why not auto?

This. There's a reason they called it /Automatic/ Colt Pistol.
>>
>>30594043
>.32 automatic colt pistol
>what revolver
Bruh...

But anyway, anything that can shoot .32smith long, .32 h&r, or .327fed will also shoot .32acp due to it being semi rimmed.

So a shitload of different Iver Johnsons, smith model 2, ruger single seven/gp100/sp101, older smith 642, and Charter had one.
>>
>>30594420
>>30594547
I like to have revolvers as backups, mainly because of the fact I don't like carrying two magazines when you can just load the revolver by sliding the cartridge from the magazine by your thumb. Would they really need to be cut down for moon clips when it's semi rimmed?

I might go for the auto eventually, since CZ 70s start at 70 bucks here.

About the Nagant revolver, does it work with the 32 acp? We can't really get these anymore because of the sanctions on russia, but there are some old TOZ 36 at the local gun shop. Would these work too?
>>
I know that the vz61 is already an auto pistol and you might want a revolver for its reliability and accuracy and more compact size. And perhaps it's lower capacity, but a similarly sized auto is going to give most of what the revolver will.

Before buying a revolver check out offerings from kel-tec, naa, colt. Cz and Ortgies made 32 pistols too. I have an Ortgies. Neat gun. More a piece of history than a defensive tool.
>>
>>30594599
No, they shouldn't have to be cut for moon clips.

I don't know what's available on the yuro market, but stateside the most common and cheapest are gonna be old Ivers in either .32 smith long or .32 h&rs.
>>
>>30594599
Well okay then. Definitely not knocking your decision. My favorite guns are revolvers. And your right. The 32 is semi rimmed and can be fired and extracted from a 32 revolver. But a moon clip would allow six at a time reloads and provide 100% extraction with no possibility of an rim over jam. And still allow the ability to load one at a time. My choice would be a 327 fed mag ruger sp101. It would give you the choice of 5 different cartridges out of one gun.

Check it: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/188YNcVJLL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>30594599
I was gonna recommend a CZ 70 if decide to go the auto route, the DA trigger is fucking insane but it shoots like a dream.
>>
>>30594636
They don't really sell any of those here, except the CZ and Ortgies, although the CZs are about five times cheaper, thanks for the suggestions though
>>30594643
I'll definitely check those, but it might be a bit difficult to find one of those here, and I was looking for something a bit cheaper
>>30594636
Would it function fine enough in a long smith? I could get an Astra 680 fairly cheap, even if its a little bigger than what I was looking for
>>30594649
People seem to hate it here for some reason, that's why they are so cheap. Nobody likes them yet they are everywhere it was the police service pistol for around 40 years. I always thought the unpopular caliber was the reason, but I suppose it might be the trigger? Anyways, thanks for the info.
>>
>>30594043
Get something in .32 H&R or .327 Federal magnum. It might chamber and fire .32 acp as is, or jou could get a machinist to make you a .32 acp cylinder
>>
>>30594043
Iver Johnson top breaks are good and cheap on gunbroker
>>
File: tmp_3955-IMAG0001-179665754.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3955-IMAG0001-179665754.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>30594043
I've put .32 ACP through this a few times. It's not the most reliable though, since the gun is designed for rimmed cartridges and .32 ACP is semi-rimmed.
>>
Where can I find a vz61 kit for cheap?

I've checked all of my usual sources... No cigar
>>
>>30595290
Idk
Over here they can just convert the fullautos to semi.
>>
>>30594043
.327 federal magnum revolvers can shoot .327, .32 ACP, .32 long, and .32H&H

Ruger makes an LCR in .327
>>
>>30594599
>I don't like carrying two magazines when you can just load the revolver by sliding the cartridge from the magazine by your thumb

Fuck it I'm done, I don't think there's logic to be found here.
>>
>>30595667
Two kinds of magazines if I dont expect the 61 to ever jam in the first place

Better?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.