[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The dream is dead, /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: 571230_1.jpg (71 KB, 410x273) Image search: [Google]
571230_1.jpg
71 KB, 410x273
Well, /k/ommandos, I'll never be able to join you in Outer Heaven. I recently mustered up the courage and funds to make my first gun purchase (goddamned sexy-ass mossberg) and found, to my horror, that my background check came up negative.

I sent in the PICS challenge form to find out why, and it turns out that, back in 2006, I had involuntary commitment on my record. This is because when I was 14 years old, my mother found it more convenient to send me to a mental hospital for the summer than deal with a teenager.

I have no idea how to get my gun privileges back, guys, and from what I've seen, here in PA it's basically impossible for something like this.

So my dream is dead; illegal immigrants have more of a right to a firearm than I do right now. Has anyone else on /k/ gone through this? Is there ANYTHING I can do to turn this around?
>>
>deal with a teenager

i've meet some good-willed teenagers in my life, believe it or not.

maybe you're just bitter about not being able to own a gun for being a degenerate

t. alcoholic
>>
>>30593390
There's probably not anything you can do about that.
This might happen to me when I try to buy my first gun but I'm pretty sure mine counted as a voluntary commitment.
>>
>>30593390
you could challenge it in court, I suppose. I've never dealt with so I'm not sure of what your chances are.

Also I'm unclear on the proper terminology, but 'negative' usually means something good when it refers to a check. see: HIV-positive
>>
>>30593390

Yes, talk to a fucking lawyer instead of 4chan.

God damn.
>>
>>30593425
Ah yes, a lawyer that I could probably never fucking afford. Sound advice, friend!
>>
File: 1365364728777.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
1365364728777.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>30593390

Time to go to the gun show, am I right?
>>
>>30593438
Yeah, nah; here in PA while the 'Gunshow loop' exists, any visit from a law enforcement official would effectively lend me in jail.
>>
>>30593438
fuck off Hillary
>>
>>30593428

>I have a problem
>Given solution to a problem
>Doesn't like it

Well sit there and bitch then, I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1448926238011.png (236 KB, 704x609) Image search: [Google]
1448926238011.png
236 KB, 704x609
>>30593453

Woah woah woah, why would it land you in jail? You got denied in the past. Hell a lot of people have. Most of the time it's because of your name.

I'm just saying, if in the unlikely situation a police officer were to do a search warrant . What? Then he's going to do a 4473? Then find out you can't buy a firearm.
>>
>>30593499
Oh, so the worst thing that could possibly happen is the police finding out I committed a crime? Gadzooks, anon, I never thought of it that way!
>>
>>30593390
Holy fuck and I thought Finland was retarded when it comes to gun ownership.
>>
>>30593390
>illegal immigrants have more of a right to a firearm than I do
I didn't realize that was a thing?
Post pics or proof of illegal immigrants getting a gun after a 4473.
>>
>>30593390
>14yo

yeah those records dont show up in PICS because juvenile records are sealed.

but if you're not billshitting then you need to start the process of getting your rights back which is going to cost you some money and take some time

first thing to do is contact a PA attorney that does this.

second thing to do is buy a gun from a private sale, because fuck that noise
>>
>>30593428
lawyers normally give you a free consultation to discuss what you need and what they will do and how much it will cost
>>
>>30593428
then you cant afford guns and ammo, either, faggot.

this is not a hobby for NEETs.
>>
File: lol.jpg (11 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
11 KB, 196x257
>>30593535

I found a picture of OP before he was hospitalized.
NEEDLES IN MY SKINNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30593634
How did you find my myspace??/?
>>
>>30593390
Admit the truth, anon, you are mentally ill in some way and that is why your mother committed you, not that you were some out of control teenager.
>>
>>30593645
Well, I /do/ browse 4chan...
>>
>>30593618
Speak for yourself
>>
>>30593645
This.
Actually he was probably both.
This is what you get for being an out of control retard. You don't deserve a gun, and I feel safer knowing you won't have one.
Maybe you will learn from this and not allow your kids (heaven forbid) to turn out like you.
>>
>>30593390
In my state you can write a letter to the Sherrifs office explaining why that would no longer be relevant and having your rights reinstated.

It's not over.
>>
I really hate people like you. Nothing is ever YOUR fault.

>rear end someone in traffic
>He came out of nowhere!

>girl breaks up with you
>She's CRAZY!

>be an absolute hellion in your youth
>my mom was just lazy and irresponsible!

Yes, you fucked up your chances at owning a weapon. Fine. Just go find another hobby that can sate your interests.
>>
>>30593428
Well now I'm glad you can't own a gun. Get fucked you neet
>>
>>30593428

So instead of a lawyer, or an actual legal advice forum, goddamn ANYTHING other than motherfucking 4chan, you ask literally the worst place on the planet for advice.

Here's my advice. Go cry in the corner you retard. If you cry hard enough, long enough, a magical fairy will come and make your dreams come true.

Or, you could man the fuck up and figure it out yourself. Literally expecting to be spoon-fed complex legal advice from goddamn 4chan, you are THAT entitled.
>>
>>30593390

Have your juvenile record sealed.

That's what I did to make it go away. I had a bout of kill-myself-itis in '04 because I was a fucking pussy bitch back then.

I'm a man now, and guns are for men.
>>
>>30593390
You're mentally unstable accept it. No guns for you.
>>
>>30594084

>blaming a shitty child and not the parents

It's like you WANT to raise degenerates.

It's the same argument as

>those LAZY FUCKING MILLENNIALS, all they want is participation trophies and hugs because THAT'S HOW THEY WERE RAISED!!!11!!1!

Well motherfucker, who do you think raised them? Who do you think came up with the participation trophies? It wasn't the 4 year-old soccer player.
>>
>>30594159

pretty much this, works for everything from felonies to tickets to forced institutionalization.
>>
>>30593390

Lawyer-fag here.

It is almost impossible to get a mental health finding overturned unless you directly require a firearm for your immediate livelihood. (Eg. Your are a farmer and you absolutely need a firearm to maintain your business.) Even then it will be difficult. For a recreational shooter you will most likely not pass any review. Especially in PA.

Summary - You are fucked, buddy. Take up badminton instead.
(First consult is pro bono, any extra advice or action or instructions will be on a billable hours rate.)
>>
>>30594232

Full of shit, he can have his kiddie record sealed by a simple petition to a judge on the grounds his rights shouldn't be revoked because he was a silly teenager.
>>
>>30593425
>Yes, talk to a fucking lawyer instead of 4chan. God damn.
Kill your god damned mother.
Then contact a lawyer.
*ftfy
>>
Uhm, I was in a psychiatric ward when I was 14 too for being argumentative. My guidance counselor suggested it to my mom.
I passed my background check? What's the deal?
>>
File: 7yoWV7v[2].png (224 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
7yoWV7v[2].png
224 KB, 478x373
OP, did you go to court to get put into a mental institution?
If not, you can pass your form 4473.
If so, you cannot. You need to contact a lawyer.
>>
File: aebd6530fc[1].png (90 KB, 462x549) Image search: [Google]
aebd6530fc[1].png
90 KB, 462x549
Here you go retard.
>>
>>30594184
that is a valid retort although OP still thinks he is absolved from blame
>>
>>30593390
>PICS
Sucks bro, I heard fun stores are obligated to inform the police if you fail a PICS now.
>>
>>30594412

There's a difference between going to a ward for counseling, or even voluntarily.

It's when someone else forces you to go that the law has issues.
"We want to send him to a psych ward for his own good! If he doesn't see it as a good thing he needs help and is incapable of sound decision making!"
>>
Reminder that no one on 4chan is going to expose they're a lawyer and going to give you information to use their legal counsel.

My tip, fake it til' you make it. Lie until it won't fly.
>>
>>30593499
Owning a gun when you aren't legally able to buy one yourself is quite illegal, whether you were declared mental, institutionalized involuntarily, or if you're a felon/wife beater.

You can likely get that expunged or stricken from the record, but that's going to involve money and lawyers.
>>
>>30594441
This. I spent a week in psychiatric confinement when I was 18 but since it was initiated by me seeking help and ended with the hospital releasing me to my parents, no courts were involved and my 4473 comes up clean as a whistle.
>>
>>30594555

Getting shit stricken or expunged from your record doesn't change shit for the government does it? They still see it, it's just the public that can't. Right? So what's the point because that's a government background check.
>>
File: first-degree-burn-cream.jpg (255 KB, 1500x1092) Image search: [Google]
first-degree-burn-cream.jpg
255 KB, 1500x1092
>>30594108
Ouch.
>>
File: Marlin98.jpg (54 KB, 770x228) Image search: [Google]
Marlin98.jpg
54 KB, 770x228
>>30593390
You can still acquire firearms made before 1899. Yes, they're not as good as modern firearms, but they are firearms at least. Maybe you should look into something like an old Winchester 1897 or Marlin 1898?
>>
>>30594564
Move to Arizona.
>>
>>30593438
They can't arrest you for having a gun unless you're a criminal
>>
>>30594812
Eh, if he can't into modern guns and apparently doesn't care enough to save up for a lawyer then a double barrel for home defense with a .38 top break with some safari land speedloaders should be good enough for him
>>
>>30593390
Just buy muzzle loaders
>>
>>30593453
Buying and owning a gun are two different things friendo.

Also

>not fighting for your rights

Seems like you're a bit of a bitch. Maybe...maybe that is why your mom didn't want to deal with you? Just sayin'.
>>
>>30593390

skin, rape, and kill your mother. it is the only way.
>>
>>30594951
>Raise son to be a bitch
>Decide you don't want to deal with him
>Send him to a modern equivalent of mental asylum
>Destroy any chance of him pursuing a profession or hobby that may cause him to man up
>Apparently it's OP's fault that he was INVOLUNTARILY COMMITED.

Is /k/ actually full of fudd mouth-breathers?
>>
>>30594973

How about you reread the 11f on the background check.
He had to have government decision to put him in there, otherwise it's not an issue to the 4473.
Stop being retarded.

>>30594482
>>
>>30594184
Not all of these kids turned out to be shit though. The child is still responsible for their actions.
>>
Walked into carlisle courthouse, 20 minutes later walked out with concealed carry permit after filling out 1 form. PA doesn't seem too bad to me.
>>
>>30594973
He's saying "No." to every single answer to his problem because h's lazy. Guns don't matter to him enough to go get the apparent "injustice" against him made right again.

Also as the other anon said. If his mom just committed him, once he became an adult he would be able to get funs. He had to have actual government involvment to be put in there AND have it on a background check, as the other anons pointed out.

So he's either an idiot, a crazy idiot, or a fuckboi with a mom who knew how to play the system pretty well.
>>
Court of Appeals is working on it, OP

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/18/3605371/breaking-federal-court-says-a-person-whose-been-committed-to-a-mental-institution-can-have-guns/

http://www.pennlago.com/new-court-ruling-on-mental-health-and-firearms/

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/03/us/03guns.html?_r=0

Basically it goes like this: "Holy shit, we fucked up mental health in the 1900's, so why should people have their constitutional rights permanently revoked because we were playing fast n easy with psychology?" Sounds like you need to get a [court-appointed] doctor's note that says "He's all good now, bro!" and a court hearing (best if attended with a lawyer) and then the [federal?] judge says "You're all good bro"

As other anons have said -- call up a local law office that deals with gun laws/rights and ask them what you NEED to get things started. They're not going to trace your number and charge you $200 for telling you to go to the court and fill out a form -- or "You're in the wrong state, try moving to Pennsylvania and try again."
>>
>>30594108
Ignore this, it was psoted on 4chan.
>>
I was under the impression that if it happened under 18 it was sealed.

Is this not true? I'm worried now
>>
>>30593390
Just buy a gun from a nigger or something. Pretty easy
>>
File: rambo.jpg (110 KB, 383x550) Image search: [Google]
rambo.jpg
110 KB, 383x550
Move states. Medical records can't go across state lines because of patient confidentiality laws. Plus its a fresh start.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.