[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P.O. Ackley Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1446670559401.jpg (25 KB, 780x1198) Image search: [Google]
1446670559401.jpg
25 KB, 780x1198
I hope I the attention of well read and/or expierienced people of our hobby.

Would you please tell me why P.O. Ackley is important? What should everyone know, but also what would you like everyone to know?

I know a few technical details, but I would like to know the whole, real, story from the perspective of people who remember it when it happened, and the honest opinions of people more knowledgeable than me.

Thank you
>t. Wannabe gunsmith
>>
I think he was mormon, but I don't know.
>>
>>30592356
Bumping, where did Parker Otto Ackley get the money to open his first enterprise(s)?
>>
>>30592356
Okay god dammit i guess i have to ask,
who is this monster titty girl?
>>
>>30594471
Seconded
>>
>>30594471
The hip cleavage, too. Goddamn.
>>
FOUND HER!

http://www.cagepotato.com/hot-potato-conquest-mma-model-cali-luv/
>>
Google image search not helping.
The image is all over the interwebs but can find no name attached to it.
Come 4chan, I know you can solve this.
>>
>>30593193
ur mom lol
>>
>>30592356
IIRC it was his wildcatting that focused on expanding cartridge case capacity by expanding the shoulder area of the casing, which allowed one to keep the same OAL in an existing chambering for minimal fuss in magazines, affecting the barrel leade, etc.

I know there's countless 'Ackley improved' cartridges and that he more or less single handedly debunked the notion that a shallow case shoulder angle was necessary for accuracy.

Hearing my old semi-fudd Father talk about him and in reading some 60's issues of American Rifleman, etc, Ackley was reknown for taking a 'hot' wildcat improvement of some common cartridge and making it even hotter.

It ruffled some feathers in the custom gun making world because he had a knack for taking other's 'improvements' and improving them further.

I think he was the first to make a .17 or .20 caliber centerfire wildcat, too.
>>
>>30594622
Good job anon. thank you.
>>
>>30592356
this is such a horrible shop
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.