[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a gun with a record?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1467025066631.jpg (103 KB, 429x344) Image search: [Google]
1467025066631.jpg
103 KB, 429x344
I live in Texas and want to buy a gun for fun. Only problem is, I have a psychiatric visit on my record, so I can't buy them through dealers or pawn shops.

Is there another way I can buy guns privately? If I buy them privately, is my background required?

Thanks
>>
>>30590914
Do you check yourself in or were you forced by a court or other official process?
>>
>>30590914
I'll sell you a gun but you have to throw your ass in the trade
>>
>>30590914
You are a prohibited person. (if you were involuntarily commited under court order)

Your possession would be a fellony

You can own black powder firearms .... So go get a muzzle loader and have fun
>>
Did you murder the psychiatrist?
>>
We don't need any more crazy fucks shooting. Don't by a gun you unstable piece of shit.
You shoulve been thrown out at birth.

You are forever restricted to being a betamale sitting behind a computer screen
>>
File: 1412701662672.jpg (6 KB, 132x146) Image search: [Google]
1412701662672.jpg
6 KB, 132x146
>>30590965
Someone appears to be projecting.
>>
>"we need to focus on mental health issues, mental health issues are sooooo stigmatized!!!!"
>someone's mental health issues are resolved
>doesn't get to exercise their inalienable and god given right to posses weaponry

This is fucking retarded desu
>>
>>30590914
personal voluntary committed Texan here

I went to rehab years ago for depression/anxiety/suicidal behavior with some things I was going through at the time. To date, I take a number of anti-depressants to date and have nothing else on my record.

I bought a c93 two weeks ago. Bought a SWBG 380 from Cabelas 2 months ago.

You're fine bro.
>>
>>30590914
I believe the form says you have to have undergone a involuntary commitment. Voluntary should be fine. If you're just on ADs or you've been through psychiatric evaluation you're ok. Basically, unless the law's been involved then its green pastures. The worst thing that would happen is you get a denial, possibly delayed, but it's unlikely without a criminal record to go with it.
>>
>>30590914
>If I buy them privately, is my background required?
Only if the private seller you're buying from cares enough to take you to a place to run one. But it sounds like you're a prohibited person since you aren't able to buy legally from gun stores or pawn shops so you're breaking the law and are being a total prick to the guy who is hypothetically selling to you because you just made him a criminal.

Kill yourself or turn your life around.
>>
File: 1466870880540.jpg (41 KB, 556x841) Image search: [Google]
1466870880540.jpg
41 KB, 556x841
That Pick
First she'll annex your country
then, your heart
>>
>>30591260
This.

You could have spent your first 21 years in a psychiatric facility so long as you were there voluntary. As long as you weren't put on a 72 hour hold for your own safety, were court ordered by a judge, or conditionally placed within the confines of two consequential options into or including a Residential Treatment Facility, REHAB, Mental Hospital, Group Home, or Assisted Living, due to a mental condition you're fine.

I know because I'm a doctor.

Not really though I've just worked in the mental health field for 32 years.
>>
>>30591349
Why does my throat feel very dry
>>
>>30591345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKN7_vx2xo
>>
There is a process in Texas to get your gun rights restored.

you have to do a bunch of paper work and bring it all before a judge to prove you are not a danger to your self, others, and have behaved your self.
>>
>>30591504
I dnt understand this why ukrania would cosidering defending its own right, if she seems what is the word...is vodka sweet!
>>
File: Anna_Chapman_mug_shot.jpg (78 KB, 630x812) Image search: [Google]
Anna_Chapman_mug_shot.jpg
78 KB, 630x812
>>30591662
To know me i say say this one bangs the brotha guys but yeah white people scare me
>>
>>30591791
>white people scare me

The vast majority of us just want to play Pokemon Go with you.
>>
>>30591791
>white people scare me
I've always been dealt with equitably by people of all colors. Honestly senpai, you shouldn't trust anyone but close blood and your closest friends. Even then you should keep your mind open for the possibility of betrayal if there's money involved. This transcends skin color.
>>
>>30591874
>>30591818
I wish bad things happen to you
>>
>>30591974
Hey bro! Where do you live? Let's play vidya together!
>>
>>30591997
You too
>>
>>30592061
:(
>>
>>30590914

ATF KNOCK IT OFF.

shit ain't cool man...totally not cool.
>>
>>30591498
cancer
t. guywhoactuallyhadcancer

kidding of course but before I was diagnosed I was feeling bad all the time put my symptoms into web md and it didnt actually come up with cancer as a result the first result was cocaine withdrawls, many keks were had about that by both me and my oncologist when I told him.
>>
>>30590914
Just go try to buy a gun. If you get denied then you know that you need to get a legal and medical declaration that you are mentally able to own weapons.

Yes it will be embarrassing to be denied. It's ok though. Happened to me once when I was 22 and went to buy my first handgun. My state makes you wait five years after an illegal possession of alcohol or drug charge before buying a gun. I had an underage possession of alcohol when I was 18 at the beach. So I couldn't buy a gun until 23.

I was fucking mortified but I just went back to the same store a year later and it was all good.
>>
>>30592114
Oh well interesting enough i dont have any cocaine near by, but cancer is very rampant on my mother side at least every other generation give or take....
>>
File: 4q2eWJ.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
4q2eWJ.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>30592077
Aww dont be like that
>>
>>30592246
it was certainly odd to see that come up on webMD, usually webMD convinces people they have cancer, in my case when I actually had cancer it said it was cocaine withdrawls. Although all the symptoms were really generic things like fatigue fever and aches. Thought I had a bad flu. Come to think of it that is probably why webMD puts up cancer for like every symptom because cancers presenting themselves have very generic symptoms
>>
>>30593336
Bitch i got bird flu plus more
>>
>>30593369
Pompe disease (late on set) for when im out operating but i cant get up
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.