[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A discussion about our beginnings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 42
File: image.gif (806 KB, 992x1417) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
806 KB, 992x1417
When did you become a gun guy?

What got you into guns?

Or more specifically, what made you pro-gun?

I remember it clearly..... I was on the Internet in like 2007, and I saw a stupid internet comic strip. I wish I could find it today...

Basically, it showed a grenade, and it explained how grenades are dangerous and can kill people and how they should be banned etc.... And then the last panel makes the comparison to ARs.

The comic only works if you agree from the beginning that grenades should be illegal. I did... Then, someone commented on the comic, saying "jokes on you, I want to own grenades, fuckface". It really resonated with me.

And now I'm a gun nut

What's your story? Is it as lame as mine?
>>
>>30590334
I was actually anti-gun lefty liberal, but I always wanted to be a muhreen I joined got hazed a lot and was a saw gunner.

Shit was dank aside from being a 5'9 scrawny mexican kid.
>>
>>30590334
Started reading gun magazine's at twelve.
>>
>>30590334
I was a scared little kid.
Nothing fixed shit for me.
Monsters under the bed/in the closet/faking everywhere were the name of my existence and I barely fucking slept.

Regardless, it only got worse as I got older until the age of eleven, when two things happened.

I saw a commercial for a survival horror game (don't remember which) and I watched it, confused.
I asked myself why those people weren't afraid of the things attacking them.
And then I realized that they killed a bunch of them with guns.
And so I thought "damn, guns must be really useful for defending yourself against scary things"
And so I started asking about getting a gun or something.

It didn't work but I had a nerf gun I kept in tow with me usually whenever I went around the house.

Later on that year a cousin and I were discussing guns and he asked me if I wanted to see how to disassemble an AR-15.
I said yeas and when I found out how simple they were I became completely enthralled with firearms and how they worked and how to use them.

So I asked to go shooting and about a year later I go my chance at a church shoot/meet thing.

I've gotten over my fears over the years but guns have stuck with me.
I may not have to have them but I'll be damned if a gun in your hand doesn't reassure one when there's a bump in the night.
>>
>>30590334
>be very young, dad gives me his old bb gun
>proceed to shoot huge fat pigeon stuck in tree
>a few friends banded together with sling shots
>several minutes later the mighty boss was slain
>always love the gun
>>
>>30590505
Comfy story.
>>
>>30590521
Thanks.
>>30590505
I forgot to mention that Huddling in the cupboards when my dad was pissed as a little kid didn't hurt my fascination either I don't think. I still remember taping a fucking fork to a stick one night when he was babysitting.
>>
>>30590334
I've always been a 2nd amendment supporter thinking back throughout my life. Guns are badass.

It's only been recently that I've become more well versed in firearm crime statistics and aggressively pro-2nd amendment to the point where I understand we need to get rid of the NFA.

I got robbed at gunpoint so that always puts things into perspective a bit.
>>
>>30590885
nice, yea i hate it when parents are all like "why do you like guns so much" and "dont you have enough guns?"
>>
When did you become a gun guy? When all are created equally, we've began the birthing

What got you into guns? The oppressive power of the crown

Or more specifically, what made you pro-gun?
I have not been in school in quite some time, so i cant say if we are constitutionally pro protection.
>>
I was always a gun nut. My grandmother banned toy guns from her house so I built them out of Lego or bristle blocks. I didn't actually own a gun until this year but that was due to poverty and living in Chicago.
>>
File: SAM_0510.jpg (2 MB, 1984x1488) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0510.jpg
2 MB, 1984x1488
>>30590334 (OP)
I grew up on guns, i had one in my hand before i could make memories. So naturally im pro-freedom. For the longest time i was a Fudd until i was about 15 and i developed my own opinion(instead of my dads). The turning point occurred when i read about the governments experiments on the public. I realized some guns are for hunting and others are for life and liberty.My uncle had a serious gun collection, and he only bought the most powerful guns he could. He rubbed off on me, and a few years after his death i decided to pick up where he left off. Too bad when he died his wife of 2 years took all his guns and sold them, no one really know how many he had. The big disappointment was that all the multi generation heirlooms were sold by his wife. My interest didn't go past, "guns are cool" until i was about 17 and i really got interested into the mechanical and historical part of guns. Now they are fucking awesome pieces of engineering and history.

At 15 i never thought about buying another gun, and i was fine with the 7 in my inheritance. Now ive caught the bug and want every gun i can get.

also some of the guns that were family heirlooms, went back a couple generation to prohibition when my family ran a small gambling ring and moonshine business. some may have been older than that.
>>
File: NSwithBradleys.jpg (89 KB, 960x634) Image search: [Google]
NSwithBradleys.jpg
89 KB, 960x634
>>30590334
>When did you become a gun guy?
Bout 4 years ago.
>What got you into guns?
It's been a long road of slight nudges on me. Started with me fanatically enjoying Halo, that got me interested in military stuff. Then I got into Warhammer 40k, which furthered that. A college roommate introduced me to airshit, and my faggot lefty cousin pushed that on me hard.

The final nail was STALKER. Shithead cousin also introduced me to that, and it was because of that game I bought an airshit AK. I was doomed from here. STALKER got me into slavshit, and that airshit AK made me fall in love with AK's in general

>Or more specifically, what made you pro-gun?
My uncle was a big push on that. When I was an airshitter, he was asking me "Why don't you get into real guns?" For some reason he thinks he's been at it all my life, but I remember differently.

>>30590913
>i hate it when parents are all like "why do you like guns so much"
You know, there's one thing I think is funny. In addition to firearms, I also like train shit. Always have. I like to buy copies of Trains magazine so I can keep tabs on what the railroads are doing, just in case I may have a chance at my dream job.

No one in my work gives me shit if I am reading a gun magazine. No one will question it or say anything about it. If I have a train magazine? Then I get remarks.
>>
File: index.jpg (21 KB, 412x551) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
21 KB, 412x551
>>30590520
I shot a wood pecker with a BB gun, I exclaimed to my dad "I think I wounded him!" My dad told all his friend what i said and i became the joke of the hunting club that season.

>>30590970
My mom was cool with guns, but she banned all ammo from being in the house. So my dad kept all the hunting ammo. My plan if someone ever broke in was to gut them my Schrade old timer.

>>30590334
it wasnt lame, it makes it seem like you were on the fence and that is what made you pick the right side.

>>30590381
when did you join up.

>>30590505
did you parents let you carry a knife, i started carrying one a 5.
>>
>>30590334

I was a noguns graduating from college, engaged and about to be married, after which I was planning on moving to Alabama for graduate school.

I decided to buy a gun because my wife and I would be living in Birmingham for the next few years.

After the first, I kept adding to the collection and haven't stopped.
>>
>>30591126
>>30590913
My mom actually supported my gun interest. My parents got divorced and my dad wasnt that reliable so she would take to turkey shoots. I got really good at it. To the point i was actually bringing home all the meat for house(where im from your prize is meat). When i was 13 she bought me my first auto loading shotgun. I didn't realize how much it meant to her until i told her i traded for a pistol. So i could teach myself to shoot handguns. It wasn't my first gun, so to me it was just another birthday present. I feel pretty bad about it now. Especially seeing how much she hated shooting guns but was so supportive of my interest she bought one. To me it was a tool, to her it was a symbol of her love. But in my defense she complained about it quite a bit after she bought it.
>>
File: image.gif (788 KB, 1394x992) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
788 KB, 1394x992
Good stories, guys

How many people have you all made pro-gun?
I think I've successfully converted 2 - maybe 3. It's tough in MA... People want to go buy firearms, but once they learn of the permit process it's less appealing, with the 3 month wait and all
>>
I was probably antigun as a product of my upbringing and environment (had thoughts of 'why are people allowed to buy assault rifles now?' post-awb, followed by 'but that's pretty damn cool and I want one because I can'). Then I wanted to join the military (was also in mechanical engineering undergrad) and thought I should practice with a .22 rifle so I got a cz bolt action, then it all went down hill from there and I have tons of guns.
>>
File: 47thInfantrySubduedPatch.jpg (251 KB, 1225x1017) Image search: [Google]
47thInfantrySubduedPatch.jpg
251 KB, 1225x1017
>>30591304
>My mom actually supported my gun interest.

See I didn't really have this. My mom probably would have been a naysayer, but she died many years ago. My dad is pretty much indifferent. I got him to shoot my WASR once, but other than that he could take it or leave it. The only thing gun-related I've bought that I could tell actually got his interest was when I picked up pic related patch from his former Nasty Girls unit.

At this point I'm convinced the only thing I could buy that would get his attention are a Garand or some type of M60, 'cause those are the only two he talks about. Says he could muscle that M60 better than everyone else in his platoon.
>>
>>30591323

Converted 4.

Wife, dad, mom, brother. Working on sister in-law, and brother in-law.
>>
>>30591430
she supported it and allowed me to have guns, but they had to stay in her room and no ammo was allowed in the house.
>>
I grew up in Texas in a semi-traditional right wing household.

The main variation was that I was not ever made to go to church.

My father was a country boy who grew up in the 50's in central Texas, got drafted right out of highschool, and didn't have me until he was 50 years old (My mother was 39.)

And when I was 8, he gave me his first .22 that his father had given him, an old J.C. Higgins model 29. And he taught me told me it was a tool, and that he used to use it to put food on the table for his folks when he was a kid.

I grew up around guns, and to me, there's nothing particularly special about them. They've always just been a few steps away, my whole life, and my parents taught me that they weren't something to be afraid of, just to be respected.

Now I'm about 70 guns down the rabbit hole, and I've got 3 on Layaway right now.
>>
In my case I'm from Russia where gun ownership is rare. Grandpa used to teach both my brother and I on a pellet pistol. I think I was 6. When my dad relocated us to America he didn't buy any guns but did take us to a rental range, guns were a big taboo because CA and seeing the other side of the issue was a bit intimidating but the mechanics were fascinating to me. Of course I was also raised on the PC FPS revolution from the mid90s to the mod 2000s, so I got hooked. Got really into airsoft and finally bought a 10/22 when I turned 18. Found afterwards that dad shot smallbore pistol competition in university and loved the SKS during his military service. Bought him an NIB 51 Tula for Xmas.
>>
>>30591323
i havent converted a anti gunner yet, it hard in the south either your pro gun at birth or hate guns because some nut job pulled one on you. I was trying convince an SJW friend of mine, she bursted telling me her father pulled a gun on her and she thinks guns are horrible. I told her she missed the point, it wasnt the gun that wanted to kill you.. That it was her father, and she should be focused less on the gun and more about how the mental health care system failed her father. We got onto the subject about how society has changed its view on those who cant take care of themselves and that for every mental problem their is a pill or therapy. At this point i realized i was talking to the same girl who went to a therapist and was on medication for manic depression and anxiety. She then said "people like me?" I changed the subject.
>>
My literal ex-beauty queen GF took me to the range. She shot better than me. So I stepped up my game and surpassed her shooting skill... and then we broke up.
>>
>>30591323
I think I've converted 6 or so. I've definitely budged well over a dozen from apathetic to strongly pro gun.

Percentage wise CA actually has very few strongly anti gun people and a LOT of either disinterested or misinformed ones. Most people who have a strong opinion are pro-gun.
>>
File: 20160614_085834.jpg (310 KB, 1032x581) Image search: [Google]
20160614_085834.jpg
310 KB, 1032x581
When I was 14 or so I was gifted my deceased father's Mossberg 500 by my uncle. I knew literally nothing about it, so I went to /k/ (lurked /x/ at the time) and asked for more information regarding the shotgun. Over the next few years I continued to lurk /k/ and eventually got into DayZ, by the age of 17 I really wanted an SKS as my first rifle. I'm 20 now and I still don't have an SKS because I refuse to pay more than $300 for one, but I just recently built an AR.
>>
I've always thought they were rad
Probably partly due to my father's black, steel gun cabinet thats been in their room since before my first memory
So it was just the norm for me to think that everyone had guns in their home and that was ok
I've never really understood people's fear of them
Back to my father, a former CID Investigator, had instilled into me that will always be bad people and laws won't change that and that is okay

Of course very basic interest started with COD
And high school sophomore year I discovered /k/ and now I'm a complete ammosexual
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 766x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 766x511
Keep up the good fight fellas

gNight
>>
>>30590334
Used to be fairly neutral on guns until someone broke in to my house while I was home alone in high school. Hauled ass out of the house, called cops, and realized that guns are the great equalizer.
>>
> Huh, the 2nd amendment seems pretty important, it doesn't seem like the Founding fathers would just throw that in there for shits and giggles.

> I don't think I need a gun, but we should probably keep the option open

> You anti-gun faggots are clearly misrepresenting the other side with false data and BS arguments.

> FUCK IT, YOU KNOW WHAT? NOW I WANT ONE JUST BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.
>>
File: kill murders.png (428 KB, 540x936) Image search: [Google]
kill murders.png
428 KB, 540x936
High school friend and her cousin were killed by a drunk driver, she was one of the few people that was really kind to me in school. Fucker tried to claim not guilty.

I joined the military a few years later because I wanted to learn how to protect people that I care about, but didn't have much of an interest in guns at the time. I start working more sensitive jobs for the gub after getting out, realize that I could easily be a target in some of those situations, like the one in the DC Navy Yard a while back.

Child killer from earlier attempts to repeal his sentence again under some bullshit. Court denies it. Realize that if he were to ever see the light of day again, I would never be able to live with myself - remember the looks on the families faces in the local newspaper during the trial. Constantly see shootings reported, and faggots talking about how this would never happen if we just banned all guns. Know intellectually that it's not that difficult to build one, so banning is pointless and unconstitutional.

Get angrier and angrier after every shooting and bombing being reported. Decide about a year ago that I will not allow myself to be a victim to some terrorist fuck, and that I'm certainly not going to let some piece of shit try and squirm his way out through the criminal justice system for the next several decades. I'm not going to let someone hurt the people that I care about.

Glad to say I'm a proud gun owner now. Currently applying for my C&R and looking forward to embracing more of the gun culture moving forward.
>>
>grew up watching movies and shows with tons-o'-guns
>all the Western classics when at my grandparents' house
>Blade, The Crow, The Matrix, etc. at home
>dad shows me his Rough Rider when I'm 4
>scared at first because I saw what they did in the movies
>"It's ok, bud. It's not gonna hurt you."
>well, if dad says it can't...
>it doesn't
>he explains to me how it can be used by or against anyone, bad OR good
>explains how it's my responsibility to not be a bad guy
>fear gone
I've just got my first McJob after a several month period of no callbacks or replies to emails. It'll be a long hard road, but it's a start. Gonna pay off my student loans, attend college, get me a nice first car, then save for an apartment. After that? Gun City, Population: Me.

Take it from a 22yo turbo-autismo: learning to be patient, and at least bullshit your way through social interactions, can get you far. I'm gonna make it, and so will you.
>>
>Live on military base for half of my life.
>Be 9
>Its some sort of special thing that was done to let families visit their loves ones at in the field.
>Go
>Get to see all sort of military hardware and equipment at such a little age.
>Got to eat MREs
>Shot a M16 (blanks)
>Burned myself by touching barrel
>Remember not to fuck around with this stuff
>Get to play with the inferred targeting system on an Avenger
>Spot helicopter out in the distance
>Dude was impressed.
>Got to see a lot of stuff.
>Later into the month
>Big ass airshow on base.
>Got to see so much shit
>Follow Summer got to see a bunch of F-117s f-18s and some f-22s constantly flying around the base

Basically being around military stuff.

Also its tight that I still fucking live by the base so I get to see stuff still.
>>
>>30590334
>be me
>live overseas
>really interested in military stuff
>like absolutely obsessed
>move back to states
>history channel for days
I actually went from believing in "common sense" gun control to full 2A loving
>>
I'd say like 4 or so local and another 3 at my school, its tough being in NY.
>>
File: rps20160712_024124.jpg (103 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
rps20160712_024124.jpg
103 KB, 720x1280
>When did become a gun guy?
7th grade, so about 12-13 years ago.
>How?
Joined a Hunter Safety Course at school, East TN, instructor was previous principle of said school so he had connections. Brought in many guns from his personal collection for us to finger-fuck. The ones in particular I remember were his M1 Carbine, a tricked out 1911 that he said he had 3k into, and a AR designed perfectly after an A1. It was glorious. After taking the course, I asked my parents if I could have a gun. Their answer was yes, but only if I paid for it. Took me two years to save for it, but right after starting my Freshman year I had a Type 53. Still have the old girl. Pic related.
>>
>>30590334
A few years ago, I didn't have any interest in guns, besides the ones in video games. While on vacation in Honolulu, I tried out one of the gun clubs in Waikiki, which are overpriced ranges that let you try out various kinds of guns ranging from .22 rifles all the way up to 12 gauge shotguns and 308 battle rifles. I remember that afterwards, my ears are ringing, heart racing, hands shaking, and I've got the biggest shit-eating grin on my face. Now I've got .357, .45 acp, 44 deagle, ar-10, ak-47 and bolt .308. Looking into a Saiga 12.
>>
>>30590334
>be around 9-10
>get first BB gun
>daisy red rider
>so good
>Killen chilluns all day long
>gotta exterminate those enguns
>dad was in the Marines
>right around the time of Desert Storm
>he gets called to action
>half way through the deployment, get a call from the local Marine base
>dad is kill
>who is kill?
>dad is kill
>no
>yes
>no
>yes
>oh.
He gave me that daisy red Ryder
>do everything with it. Eat sleep, even pee with it
>one day
>the stock breaks
>its completely useless
>eyes wont stop wetting themselves
>heart is broken
>become very depressed
>one day, turn 18
>decide to buy myself a gun
>go out and get myself a colt AR15
>just like the one my dad used
>still have it
>to this day, sleep with it
>even bath with it
>its my brother. It always has been, always will be.
>there are many like him, but he is mine.
>>
>>30590334
ive always been a weapon nut. earliest memories are playing pretend knights and the like.

Prefurred (and still do) the pre gunpowder age in europe, knights dragons magic and ect.

it was only natural that one would come to like firearms.
Though I still prefur early and pre cold war era weapons tech for the most part. I hate how every damn new rifle is some fucktarded AR Clone nowadays. I dont have anything against the AR platform, just for the love of god, make something NEW
>>
>>30590334
I was kind of a loner growing up and due to being bored I ended up reading this nonfiction book about weapons used throughout history that had lots of cool artistic drawings, and another book about the air war in Europe, and one final book about the D-Day landing all within a few weeks of each other. It got me hooked on military history and long story short I got into guns something fierce.
>>
>>30592750
>dad is kill
dayum son.
>>
>>30590430
Same but at around age 10.

My parents saw it as an opportunity to share a hobby with me and my brother, even tho our folks didn't own guns up to that point. My dad was an infantryman in ww2 (I'm 30, he had me at 60, lol) and so he taught us all how to shoot.

They 'bought' me a colt 1911 and a glock 17. My brother got a Smith 686 and some ruger double stack 9mm. This was around 1997 I guess.

Been a gun guy ever since.
>>
>>30592360
buy some Red Shelac for that girl son.
>>
>>30590334
Right after high school, late 2012/early 2013.
When I turned 18 and realized that I could actually own guns like in the movies and vidya games.
>What got you into guns?
Growing up playing all of the CoD games, the Halo series, SOCOM 3 on the PS2, tons of other shooter games.
Plus when I was around 14 I was visiting my grandparents out of state for the summer, and my grandpa broke out his old bolt-action .22lr and taught me to shoot using old pop cans and various bottles.
After I got into shooting guns, after I got my first rifle, I found /k/ and realized how many people wanted to legitimately take the 2nd amendment away and ban guns totally.
I was never anti-guns, just kinda in the middle.

Oh, and I converted my parents. They weren't really anti-guns, just kinda neutral. They didn't understand why people would want to own more than one gun or why anyone would feel the need to actually carry a gun in public (gasp).
Now my dad owns and AK and a full-size pistol, my mom owns a shotgun and sub-compact pistol, they both have their carry permits, and both regularly carry anywhere outside of their house.

Been slowly working on my sister's boyfriend for a while too. He wasn't ever anti-guns either, but grew up in rough neighborhoods all through his childhood and I think maybe got turned off of guns because of all the gang violence he's seen and stuff?
But I've slowly been working him, he's turning on to it I think.
When we're in public together and something sketchy happens, he always asks if I'm carrying just in case anything happens.
>>
>>30592807

FYI, dunno if I'd call myself pro-gun the way some people on /k/ are. I own an Arsenal SLR-107CR and I plan to SBR it, but I'm not a fan of the gunshow loophole and if we're gonna blame disturbed individuals for mass shootings, I think there should probably be psych evals or at least a medical background check before you're allowed to purchase a firearm, at least for the first time but probably also every few years, and for it to be required for sales between private individuals. I do want the NFA to be repealed, but I want it replaced with something more moderate. Owning an automatic firearm shouldn't be financially impossible for responsible, psychologically healthy, law-abiding citizens, but I think there should be some process to ensure that's the case when we let someone buy an automatic weapon.
>>
>>30592888
>but I'm not a fan of the gunshow loophole
this does not exist.

>I think there should probably be psych evals or at least a medical background check before you're allowed to purchase a firearm
Gee, I wonder who will determine the Requirements to pass these Evals.
>>
I grew up near Miramar. Seeing jets every day really resonated with me, and I wanted to be a Marine growing up (granted, it was still NAS Miramar, but suck my dick). Then I got really sick with an autoimmune disease, and that went out the window. But I think it was always wanting to be in the military that did it for me, because all I did was read about it.
>>
File: 1453949441934.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1453949441934.png
16 KB, 958x660
>>30590334
As a young man, I always asked "why" when it came to something I couldn't do.

Whether it be voting restrictions, alcohol consumption or pharmaceutical manufacturing...

Naturally, this led me to either discover a legitimate reason for such laws or find that there is no defense for the infringement on a man's personal liberty.

I never found that reason for firearm laws.

[spoiler] We should decriminalize drug use and abolish women's suffrage [/spoiler]
>>
I started really becoming a gun guy when i became a state rep for a pro gun group

A mate took me shooting and that was all it took.

When i started doing my own research into guns and gun crime is when i started to realise that guns are not that big of a deal and laws are not going to stop criminals from having guns
>>
>>30591535
Sensible mom
>>
>>30590334
I live in California but I do have family in Texas that I visited every year. Not as much now, maybe every other year or I show up for a few days if tickets are cheap.

Anyway, I always made it a habit to visit the pawn shops that litter the Dallas/Fort Worth area and beg my mom to buy me a couple of used games. As I grew older my attention went from the shelves full if games to the gun racks behind the counter.

Now that I have a job that let's me save a few dollars after bills and rent I'm patiently sitting for the waiting period to end and I can go pick up my Glock.
>>
>>30590334>>30592977
>grow up durimg the aids scare, DARE program, la riots, oj, other bs. watch 80s/90s vhs action movies
>turn 18 register for draft, buy a playboy,tobacco and paper cuz im "legal"
>oh i can buy a "long gun" better go to the only gun store in town
>fuddest of fudd stores with frienldy grandpas
>tell em i just turned 18 want to buy a long gun.
>plops down a catalog tells me to look through
>pretty exspensive stuff for my age
>see a 300 dollar gun called a kel tec, it can fold into a small package
>tell grandpa fudd i want this smiling and pointing to it
>you cant becaise of the awb
>nigga what? im a legal adult now
>grandpa fudd sorifully explains to me what a "awb" is.
never care about politics before. pissed me off and made me angry why i couldnt buy shit i wanted because assholes in sacremento.
>>
>Be precocious 5 year old in CA Kindergarten
>Learn about MLK in early leftist anti-racism brainwashing session
>Had to write what we would do to stop violence, I wrote "People should stop buying guns"
>Do a complete 180 after that, develop love of military and weapons inspired by video games and film
>Be 8 years old and sister is talking about kids at middle school with airsoft guns
>Want one intensely after she describes them
>Dad is anti gun but grandpa on mom's side isn't
>Buys me an airsoft pistol which I secretly keep at his house
>Be 10 when federal AWB expires, read a pro-AWB shill piece in the LA Times and remark "they should at least be allowed outside of cities"
>Dad dies a few years later, get more airshit
>Go through revolutionary atheist phase, come out of it wondering what the fuck I was thinking
>Mom buys me a nugget at 15 after a long hospital stay
Been solidly pro-gun and right wing ever since

>>30590334
Are you a synth guy OP? I've got an OB-8
>>
I didn't care at all until Sandy Vagina.

Isn't the forbidden fruit effect grand?
>>
I really enjoy the mechanical/engineering aspects of firearms, especially different mechanisms of action. A modern semi-automatic firearm is deceptively simple yet something about their inner workings just gets my rocks off. I dunno, maybe engineering is for me.

On a second note I fucking love Tangerine Dream
>>
I liked guns since I was a kid, I knew it was weird because in middle school we had a tour of the library on campus. When they showed us where the magazines were I asked why they had no gun magazines.
To which they replied that guns were bad and I shouldn't own them, loved guns ever since.

>b-based Texas right guys?
>>
>>30590334
>be me
>Age 6 (or 7, 8, 9, I can't remember)
>dad takes me out into back yard to shoot .22LR at empty coffee cans
>love guns ever since

Such is life in a red state.
>>
I was never anti gun. Guns had been around me most of my life. Knew nothing about them. Shot a 22 once when I was 5. Never touched one after that. Always saw them in my uncles and grandpa's cabinets. Never got hands on again.

In high school had an English teacher that was a gun nut. She had a huge library of shooters bibles ranging back to the early seventies. Used to spend hours reading them. Then nothing till I was 25. Happened to drive by state fairgrounds one summer. Saw a sign for a gun show. Went in and bought one. FÉG PA-63.

Knew nothing about rights or laws or anything. Went out inawoods and shot it. Got online and started learning. Now 12 years and a hundred guns later, I'm a raving, gun toting /k/ommandoe.
>>
File: image.gif (831 KB, 1420x992) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
831 KB, 1420x992
>>30593777
My nigga

TD is best

Sure is nothing like some good old Berlin School tunes

I must have listed through the entire Tree and Leaves collections 4 times by now
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 1599x1021) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 1599x1021
>>30593777
Baumann just released his first album since 1983 as well
>>
Best pro-guns argument: Even if your police force is composed of clones of Usain Bolt, it takes more than 1 minute for them to get to the scene

You will save yourself, not someone else, specially the police who can be prosecuted for doing so..................

Im in Brazil btw, the police here is treated as shit. This fucking people believe in god and redemption and the goodness of the thieves and murderers. Humans just need defense, it's nature.
>>
I've always liked "combat situations" like paintball

I didn't want to "get on the radar" for whatever reason, so I didn't do any background checks and didn't bother getting a gun until I was 24 and realize "I've been paying taxes for 8 years. I'm not on the radar. I *am* the radar" and went and started buying guns.

Then summer /v/ became intolerable in 2010 and I've been coming here ever since.
>>
File: IMG_20160712_110646e.jpg (614 KB, 1728x2169) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160712_110646e.jpg
614 KB, 1728x2169
>>30590334
When I was very young, my mom taught me to shoot with an air gun. The boyscouts taught me to shoot with a 22lr rifle, and a bow. Later in middle school, some backwoods area I was passing through required that all students get hunters education training, after which we all went to a range and shot shotguns.

While living alone and working in Virginia, I bought a cheap gun for home defence after a local police officer lost his gun to a convict that escaped and started shooting people. I realized then, even if all non-LEOs were prevented from owning guns, this convict would still have had a gun wandering the jogging trails around my home.

After I bought the gun above, I practised with it, found I liked guns, and bought better guns.
>>
File: 2Operator.png (241 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
2Operator.png
241 KB, 384x256
Watching the military channel every chance I got when I was like 9 or 10.

Mother. Fucking. Future. Weapons. Good times.

Shortly after that my dad bought a cheap, POS AR15. Combination of the two had me hooked.
>>
>be 10yo me circa 2005

>living in one of the most violent countries on earth

>always had an interest in firearms and military technology from watching the History Channel/playing vydia

>the government had started a ''disarmament campaign'' after passing a bullshit ''disarmament statute'' back in 2003, which pretty much fucked with our gun rights, using the excuse that more guns = more deaths and violence

>see tons of guns get fucking steamrolled, some of them super valuable historic/collectors items, all while the media and the government keep pushing emotionally-driven propaganda down our throats through state-sponsored television

>the government then tried to get a total gun ban, and a referendum was held in which the population would vote to decide whether they should be or not, unfortunately we couldn't vote to repeal that shitty law

>this time was different. While all the emotional shit was still in the media, the other side also was

>the anti-gun propaganda was made almost entirely by tv stars and other influential personalities, and their entire discourse was about ''giving peace a chance'' and such shit. I still remember that in the end of their screen-time they mentioned that said people opted not to get paid for participating in the ads, like that would make people perceive them in a more positive way

>the pro-gun people, however, were normal people, people like me and my family. For the first time I saw logic and facts being brought up in the discussion, unfortunately they couldn't elaborate much because the time limit for the ads was very short

>something started to click in me. Who had a better grasp of street reality: a bunch of millionaires that had lived sheltered lives, live in ultra-luxury condos with state of the art security systems, can afford armed guards and armored vehicles, or regular citizens such as dad, mom and the cashier at the local bakery? Who the fuck do these pretentious pricks think they are? ''Give peace a chance''?

cont
>>
>>30595577

>''Fuck off with that shit'', I thought. And most of the voters seemed to think like that, because the referendum was a massacre, 65% of them said NO. Another thing that I started paying attention to was the fact that the news had not changed in regards to violence. We were still world champions in violent crime and murders of all kinds, especially firearm-related. Wow, that disarmament campaign sure helped! Get a paltry sum of money in exchange for your only means of defense, and give criminals a chance to fuck you in peace! Amazing.

>Fast forward to 2007. Shit was business as usual the entire time. People still get fucked over. Criminals still get guns. Statistics only showed an increase in violent crime, and firearm-related crimes went up proportionately.

>I still wasn't pro-gun at the time, but at least I had the good sense to understand that gun control only gave criminals an easier time doing their stuff. Then, one night, I was playing my piano, and suddenly I head six loud bangs in quick succession. I froze, because I knew the bangs were gunshots. I went to my parents' bedroom, and asked dad to call the police, because I thought that someone had just gotten shot. Dad said it was just fireworks, and went back to sleep, but I knew what had happened. A few minutes later a few cop cars and an ambulance showed up, but I was too sleepy to keep watching, so I went to bed.

>The next day, while I was going to school, I passed right in front of the crime scene, and what I saw was burned in my memory forever. There was a huge pool of blood on the sidewalk that had flowed down the curb to the asphalt. The whole thing went down only 30 yards from home, in the front of a magazine/newspaper store. The son of the owner was cleaning the blood, and his face... It was like a thousand-yard stare, but directed at the floor.

>great, now that shit that I always saw in the news was happening right on my front door, now what?

cont
>>
All my life. Grew up around guns. Even as a little kid I'd hear people talking about how guns are awful and nobody should have one and I would think how weird they were.
>>
>>30590334
Elementary school age
>What got you into guns?
Sci-fi's more technical aspects. After learning about phasers from the Trek tech manuals, I tried to understand more weaponry. GoldenEye got me into modern guns. After my parents took me shooting for the first time I was hooked.
>Or more specifically, what made you pro-gun
Honestly? I always thought they were cool. What spurred me into real guns was the zombie craze. The survival guide, Romero movies, etc turned me into a prepper. It always frustrated me that people never seemed to have enough firepower in those movies, so I promised myself to never be outgunned.

My first purchase was an AR-15, 5 pmags, 500 rounds of ammo and a Nikon scope.
>>
File: we're all gonna make it.jpg (161 KB, 327x1920) Image search: [Google]
we're all gonna make it.jpg
161 KB, 327x1920
>>30592216
We're all gonna make it brah. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>30591835
that's a sexy rifle m8
>>
>>30593777
a-are you me?
>>
>>30595919
Not him but plenty of people like to know why things go bang as much as making things go bang.

I'm too stupid to be an engineer though.
>>
>>30590334
Only recently have I had enough money to buy guns. I opened my wallet because it started to feel like I should do it before I can't.

I have always liked history, and history is weaponry.

I find my interest is divided between attractive antiques and space-age looking stuff.

>>30591323
I get my kid to help me clean up after shooting, does that count?
>>
>>30591148
Yep. A Swiss Army knife.
I carried one around for a long while and eventually it rusted because Alabama Summer's suck.

Thought I eventually got other knives.
>>
Around age 10 I started developing an interest in firearms, and at age 11 (12 maybe? Fuck that was a long time ago) I spent a week in Indiana with my crazy hippie great-uncle. Last guy you would expect to be pro-fun. When I told him that neither mom nor grandpa (his older brother) had ever taken me shooting, we went the next day over the border to his son's farm in Kentucky and I got a taste of 8 rounds of American freedom. Hit a torso-sized metal plate at 400 yards with irons, twice. My uncle was speechless. Loved guns ever since.

>What got you into guns?
Different from above, actually. My grandfather was a fed for over 20 years, and the whole time and to this day he's a huge collector. Has all sorts of oddities and old guns. I am the only one in the line of inheritance with any real interest in guns beside my mother, and my mother really just values freedom but doesn't go to the range very often. Since all the guns will eventually come to me, I really had to take up the mantle of gun nut. It was also kind of a "fuck you" to my mother who tried to shelter me for much of my life.

>What made you pro-gun?
All of the above, plus dipshits like Feinstein. Also, history: an armed society is a good thing for the people, and tends to keep the government in check. The 2nd is what allows us to defend the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and so on.
>>
>>30595839

>that occurrence marked the first moment I ever thought that having a gun for self defense was a good idea. Every single day after I began turning a little more pro-gun. The thought of ''what if something happened to us?'' was present in my mind for weeks after the murder/robbery. I was already aware of the brutality and boldness of our ''common'' criminals, but shooting an unarmed man six times for his wallet was still a little too wild to me.

Five years later, the ''what if'' became reality.

My mother was attacked - not by a street criminal - but by a neighbor from above (we lived in a six-apartment building, fifth floor). They were on unfriendly terms for a while, especially since my father had died, two years prior. He was an asshole, an old 300-pound asshole, I knew that, but I never thought that he would be so bold to throw an elderly woman on the ground, mount her and then try to strangle her. Thankfully a neighbor saw everything and made him stop.

She had just gone to get lunch, and I was surprised to see her back so soon, but much more surprised to see her in such a messy state, with her eyeglasses broken and a trick of blood down her mouth. She was much more pissed than scared. I asked her what the fuck happened, she just said ''(neighbor's name) hit me''. I punched a doorframe really hard, then screamed from the top of my lungs to the building halls that he ''was fucked, fat motherfucker''. He had locked himself in his apartment, and only went out when the cops mom had called got here.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, mom went with the asshole to the police station, he got shit on by the cops there, but wasn't arrested. The police delegate made the occurrence bulletin and set a date for a hearing of ''conciliation'', and told both parties to go to the Legal Medical Institute to record every wound in the bulletin.

cont
>>
>>30592874
Keep up this good work.
>>
File: 1443401812419.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443401812419.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>>30590334
I was pretty neutral about guns up until about October of last year. I didn't hate them or wished nobody had them, but I didn't particularly care for them either.

But it was something around that October time that a switch flipped in me that basically said "oh shit, get some fucking guns".

I think what it was was the whole "Shemitah" thing on /pol/ and it basically made me realize, "fuck that, even if it happens or not I want to be prepared.
>inb4 /pol/

But yeah, basically after that moment, I became rather ingrained in firearms.

Have 3 raifus and one handgun now.
>>
>>30596146

>He should've gotten arrested

Since my mom had bit a chunk of his arm off, the delegate had to register the occurrence as a fight, not assault. However, since she was in a much worse condition than him, we got a huge advantage in the hearing. She had a big bruise on her right ribs and finger marks around her neck and arms. He had only a bite mark on his arm, nothing else. It was obvious who struck first, and he already had some police records for fights he got with previous neighbors.

The asshole was retired and had nothing better to do than walk around the block for hours on end. How the fuck can someone do so much exercise and be so fat is beyond me. What mattered is that we had no assurance - legal or otherwise - that he wouldn't attack my mom again, and I couldn't escort her every time she went out, I had a school to go to. So we planned on getting a gun and maybe a carry permit, since we already had the ''reason to'' requirement nailed down. She joined a gun club, passed the obligatory theoretical test, then set a date for the psych eval.

>it would be that easy

Everything was going smooth as butter until the psychiatrist declared that my mother was ''unstable and wanted revenge'' on the fat asshole, and denied her the green light to proceed to the proficiency test. I got mad as fuck, but not for long. The people on the gun club did a fantastic job on finding info about her (the psychiatrist), and they discovered that she was a personal acquaintance and friend of the fat fuck. The result was overturned and my mom did another test, and passed. Then she passed the proficiency test, easy.

cont
>>
My step-father (who raised me as his own, and I consider my dad) is a fudd who durr hunts any time he can. He raised me around guns, and took me hunting every year. If my father hadn't died, I probably would have ended up a shithead liberal because my parents lived in Trashachusetts.
>>
>>30593777
I feel very similarly.

I don't like to own guns just for the sake of owning and shooting them. I'm totally and utterly fascinated at all the engineering and thought that went into the designing and ultimately manufacturing of these weapons. Nothing but moving parts that seem to work so seamlessly together.

I love looking at the underlying operation of said devices.
>>
>>30590334
Can't fool me Mr. ATF.
>>
I started watching sci-fi movies around the meager age of 8, thanks to my strangely desensitized grandmother (she did survive WWII, so maybe that's why gore doesn't bother her). Movies like Aliens, Fifth Element, Arnold strongman/ Stallone movies piqued my interest. One day I went to Cabelas with the father and he ended up buying me an AR-15 in .22 lr. I got really hooked when I went to my first gun show and bought the glorious Nugget, the weapon of choice in the half decent, pre-cuntbag-kids cowadooty games. Then I bought a Mauser, and it went downhill from there.
>>
>>30591304
Alright, now you've gone and made my feels ache.
If your mom is still alive, you need to go buy the exact model shotgun she bought you with your next paycheck. Buy her a dollar store card and write in there some of what you just said...especially the part of your positive memories and the gun being a symbol of her love that you only realized later.
Then tell her this coming Christmas, all you want is for her to wrap up this gun and give it to you so you can have a symbol of those memories again.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 2819x1977) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 2819x1977
Some good stories here, keep it up
>>
File: TM_Mk.jpg (182 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
TM_Mk.jpg
182 KB, 1280x544
>Be me
>Be a child
>Watch movies
>"Man, those boomsticks sure look fun !"
>One movie in particular, The Mummy (hey don't judge ok ?)
>Dat dismount Lewis Machine gun, those guns and gunfight everywhere, dat girl Rachel Weisz
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 716x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 716x370
I got into guns when I realized I needed something to defend myself if someone broke into the wrong rec room
>>
>>30596344

>the government hadn't set up hurdles that made it almost impossible for a regular person to get a gun

Next on the list was setting up fucking Fort Knox on our apartment.
We were required to:
1) Put a code lock on my mother's bedroom
2) Set up a hidden army approved safe inside it
3) Set up bars on the windows of both her bedroom and the adjacent bathroom
4) Set up alarms on the entire apartment

These requirements came from a list in which each security measure had a set amount of points. Basically we had to pick measures until their sum met the minimum amount of points, so we picked the aforementioned quartet. We looked around, and found out that to meet the required amount of bullshit, we would have to pay thousands of dollars worth of stuff (we had already paid for the pistol in advance, a Glock 25 worth 2,5k USD at the time). Then we would have to wait for an army inspection team to come over in a secret date, wait for them to give us a certificate of registry (that has to be renovated yearly, also paid), pay and wait for them to register the gun in our certificate, pay for a PERMIT TO TRANSPORT THE GUN OVER HERE, then start the process with the federal police to get a carry permit, pay for more shit, pay, pay pay pay PAY. Keep in mind that the waiting periods are like NFA waiting periods, and the psych eval has a validity of 5 years, so, after five years mom would have to PAY, again, for another one. Also, the carry permit and certificate of registry applications are may-issue and can be denied on the most arbitrary and ridiculous reasons.

cont
>>
My grandma always bought me toy guns. My uncle was in the military, so I always dressed up in his outfits. I guess I've just always been into this kind of stuff.
>>
>>30596495
Nigga the first Mummy was operator as fuck.
>>
>>30596580

jesus, anon.

Where do you live?
>>
File: 1464958404368.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
1464958404368.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
My dad off'd himself when I was 4, so my mom was always pretty anti-gun growing up. His love of beautiful mechanics did pass on to me though, & it was the watches I got from him that I think may have set it off, but I have some pretty early memories of my mom discouraging me from playing guns with my friends. I also have some pretty early memories of picturing my friends looking like my dad too, as I was actually the first one to find him, but that never dissuaded me from firearms at all. All my grandparents and my mom's efforts to get me into ANYTHING else at all has done well to get me into archery, model rockets, & slingshots, as it was obvious I'd always have a thing for projectiles, though. And now that I'm an adult with children of my own, I've been able to "red pill" them to some extent on guns, too. Which they kind of were by default, as they're all rather staunch Republicans, but it's nice to talk it through witb them. My grandfather is still pretty shook about my old man, & that was almost 33 years ago now.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 640x640
>be me, 12 years old
>family lives on a rural farm-ish piece of property in north IL
>mom was anti-gun, she grew up in the suburbs of Chicago
>dad owned a few guns, never shot them with us kids around
>one day, while my mom was out, my dad took my out to the back porch and handed me his Ithaca 37
>showed me how to use it, safety, etc.
>once I shot it, I was hooked on guns
>still have that Ithaca in my basement
Feels good man.
(pic unrelated)
>>
>like the game winback for n64
>play all the console fps growing up
>always like history because dad is a history teacher
>eventually become hardcore "zeitgeist" entitled liberal from 16-18
>once I learn the value of hard work after dropping out from college I realize that people deserve to protect their property and themselves from anyone else including gov
>buy all the guns and go back to college with a new outlook
>>
>>30596757

HUEHUEHUEHEUHEHUAEUHAEUHAUEHAUHEAHUEAUHEAUHEAUEAHEUAHUAHEH BR????? BR????????????????

>>30596580

Eventually we gave up. I cursed my country and its draconian laws. Thankfully the fat fuck moved away some time after the hearing. He got so buttblasted by the judge that my mom could get a restraining order on a whim. Started browsing /k/ at about the same time. Learned a lot about firearms, now I like to read about them even more. Learned about gun laws in the US and other places of the world, learned that in some places people can't to much but bitch at you for wanting, buying and carrying a gun. Got into sport shooting, even with all the crap we have to deal with anyone can rent guns and ammo at gun clubs. Since ammo is so expensive, I don't shoot a lot, just enough to not get rusty. Unfortunately, due to shitty laws, I can only shoot .380 ACP, .38 SPL, .22 LR and 12 gauge. Most of them are sloppy reloads done at the club, and the 12ga are all wimpy target loads.

Now I'm 21 and I want to move to the US, I'm currently pursuing education on Mechanical Engineering. Had originally planned to go for Physics, but since the government scrapped its principal college exchange program, that's simply not a possibility anymore. Fuck this country where your only rights are paying taxes, getting fucked in the ass by the government and getting fucked up the dick and shot by criminals.

That's it for this wall of text.
>>
>>30591636
Dude, you fucked that one up hard.
>>
>>30596757
Brazil, literally hell on Earth. Seriously, do not ever come here unless you're part of an invading army hellbent on sending all the communists, liberals and leftists to mass "delousing" camps.
>>
File: k learns to shoot.jpg (131 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
k learns to shoot.jpg
131 KB, 900x675
>>30590334
>7 years old, robocop got me into guns
>mom loved old war shit, took me to civil war battle fields
>majority of family was mi.itary/ officers

that pretty much it.
>>
>>30590334
I grew up watching 80's action flicks since 3 yrs old, my parents didn't care so I could pretty much watch anything. That's how I got into guns.
>>
>>30590334
Started in high school. Conservative chemistry teacher made me question blindly believing stuff. Started looking into the gun control orgs stuff, found it to be bull. Didn't get into guns until freshman year of college, first went shooting in September 2015. Will inherit my grandfather's guns. Looking forward to purchasing my first, but probably not until after college.
>>
>>30590334

> Raised around guns growing up, Grandpa loved to show me his collection
> Was Semi-OK with banning them even through early college. Naively thought humanity was getting past it's violent history and ready to move into space.
> Played borderlands and BF3, realized I actually *really* liked guns.
> Inherited some of grandpa's collection and went from there.

>>30591021
You can't stress enough that things like firearms need to be in a written will with some sort of executor, so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Grandma sold a *lot* of guns which were technically in my name after Grandpa died, and there was little I could do about it. (All the cool family heirlooms I have, though)

>>30596934
Work your ass off in school and getting here to the USA will be a lot easier. We give immigrants a lot of shit but for smart folks like yourself, the door is always open
>>
>>30590334
Always liked guns, watched tons of military and weapons documentaries and was a plane nut as early as 2nd grade. Unfortunately my parents never liked the idea of me having a gun until I actually went out and bought one on my own and had it for a year or so. They were worried I wouldn't be safe with one and whatnot. I really wish they had got me into shooting much earlier instead of me getting into it on my own later down the road.

>What got you into guns?
Airshit. Got trigger discipline down to muscle memory doing that and made me more comfortable in general when it came to handling. You also are supposed to be following the basic firearms safety rules with airshit too, can easily destroy someone's eyes or even break teeth with a good airsoft gun.

Eventually ended up getting a nugget because it was cheap as shit then a cheap shotgun and a nice AK. Wish I'd have bought guns earlier instead of buying so much airshit but in the end I'm happy I started with it for various reasons.

All the demands for gun control following Aurora and Sandy Hook got me into the debate a lot more. It pisses me off that we stand to lose our rights because some useless fuckhead decided to kill people while the rest of us have done literally nothing wrong. I'm a hell of a lot more active when it comes to being pro-gun than I was before that, but like I said, I've always liked guns.
>>
File: 13169.jpg (25 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
13169.jpg
25 KB, 301x267
>>30592159
I like you.
>>
>be me
>born circa 1996
>live inna SC
>parents both work full time
>spend every day after preschool with grandparents
>Granddad is retired chemist, stamp collector, published poet and classical composer, and Korea medical corps veteran
>Granddad is always watching either news, history channel, or PBS
>Remember watching history channel when I was 4
>watched Liberty's Kids on PBS and learned about American Revolution and muh freedoms
>just before I turn 6 mom has my brother
>dad says we have to move up to NJ so he can commute to NYC for work
>Move to suburban NJ
>grandparents come with but live with us less than a year and move back to SC
>I keep watching the history channel after kindergarten every day
>discovery Military Channel and Discovery Channel as well
>watch mail call erry day
>I'm a nerdy weird kid who likes history in school
>fast forward middle school
>get way into WH40k tabletop
>read WH40k novels everyday at recess
>lonelynerd.jpg
>talk parents ears off about guns, WH40k, history, and irsoft
>parents let me do WH40k but no real guns or airsoft
>begin to realize that my parents are antigun
>fast forward to 7th grade
>innaboyscouts
>at camp
>take rifle shooting mb
>fall in love
>fastforward to highschool
>in boy scout group that just does shooting
>parents still don't let me do guns/airsoft by myself because massive faggots
>we argue about a lot of other things, school etc.
>get sent to military school junior year of HS
>join rifle club
>shoot AKs, ARs, handguns
>teachers actually have guns in classrooms they use for history lessons
>can't go back for senior year
>back at home
>parents still antifun and massive faggots in other ways
>get NJ FID card even though parents won't let me have guns
>going to college in rural PA for trades type job to spite my parents who wanted me to study something in the humanities
>gonna live off campus after first year so I can have funs

My life up until now just about.
>>
>>30590334
Always, dad always had tons of funs, I got big into guns when I started having money to comfortably finance my hobby about six years ago.

>What got you into guns?
Pa. Like I said, he always had funs, he would show them off, educate me on them. Got me a BB gun when I was young (don't remember when... 7?) eventually took me shooting real funs when I was 10 (Beretta 92 was the first gun I ever shot).

I liked watching action movies, playing action and FPS games, drawing guns, reading about them, etc. just always had an inclination and it was fostered by my father.

Freedom.

As a naive kid I had misconceptions, like many. As we had conversations on guns and I may say a conclusion I came to or repeat something I'd heard (e.g. you need to register guns, have a gun license to own them, etc. we live in Texas, so none of that's true here neither then nor now) my father would either correct me or refute the point.

>You need to register guns?
>No.
>Why not?
>Why would you?
>To track them.
>Why would I want anyone knowing where I keep my property or what I do with it?
>True dat, pa
>>
I've always liked guns and militaria. Back when I was a wee spawn in the days of the cold war my favorite pair of PJ's were M81 woodland, had a picture of a T-72 on the shirt and the words KNOW YOUR ENEMY in bold red letters. Also had a 3/4 scale M16a1 and a hard plastic Rambo knife that was rarely seen without.
Probably helped that my dad had served in Vietnam with the 1st Air Cavalry Division and remained in the National Guard into the 90's.
>>
>>30590334

I was 16 and my dad took me shooting with some of his buddy's guns he borrowed. Gun politics were never really on my radar and I always liked military stuff and owned a few bb guns when I was little, so I guess I was always pro gun?

Started getting into posting on /k/ and eventually bought my first guns a few years later.
>>
File: 1269928330053.jpg (137 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1269928330053.jpg
137 KB, 675x900
>>30590334
I remember playing WWII games and watching movies like Saving Private Ryan.

Those got me really interested in older guns, especially bolt-action rifles, and things just branched off from there.

I still love bolt-action rifles more than any other type of firearm, and I like old milsurp ones the best. There's just this charm to them, both in their history and their function.
>>
i was 9 and the library had a book full of weapons. Mommy tried to keep me away from guns, but i turned every toy i had into a gun. nerf guns, action movies, and then when i was about 11-12 i started designing guns. shit was cash. so i guess i was born liking guns.
>>
I got mugged when I was 20 and then started browsing /k/.

Fuck niggers.
>>
>>30595557
Remember when our entire military was gonna be dudes with M416s supported entirely by drone and F22? Good times.
>>
>>30590334
I was pretty dis-interested in firearms until the obongo "lets ban guns" shit happened
>>
>Grew up in nogunz northeast.
>Always indifferent to firearms, didnt really need one and getting them was annoying.
>Moved south in my 20s
>Guns are everywhere, literally a way of life.
>Go shooting with some guys from work.
>It Begins.
>Buy 2 rifles within the span of 6 months.
>Move farther south.
>Again, guns everywhere, ccw is the norm, no hassle to buy/trade/sell.
>Go to school, get a job, square away finances, expendable income goes to computers, guns and range time.

Goddammit I love the south.
>>
>>30593297
>I've got an OB-8
Man fuck you.

At least I have my Minimoog model D
>>
File: Nicholas_T._Sheley.jpg (14 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
Nicholas_T._Sheley.jpg
14 KB, 245x300
>pick kills old man (among others)
>dumps body in middle of literal bumfuk nowhere cops show a half-one hour later
>brain made connection
I refuse to be the man who stood and did nothing, that I can only see as a shortcoming
wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Troy_Sheley
Pic related
>>
>>30598524
Prick* fuck you phone
>>
>>30591304
I know it's not your fault, especially since I was probably a sperg too at that age; but the story about how you traded in that shotgun made me kind of really mad.

I mean, I know it's a kind of irrational anger, because you were too young to realize what it meant at the time, but just thinking about how much that must have hurt her feelings makes me kind of angry.
>>
>>30596495
>The Mummy
Damn son I was just watching that movie the other day and was thinking. Do I want to put the money into making an O'Connel kit
>>
File: image.jpg (898 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
898 KB, 2592x1936
>>30598503
Micromoog 4 lyfe

you should hear the sounds this baby makes when being controlled etherwave plus

Specially on strong filter modulation by oscillator mode
>>
File: image.jpg (979 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
979 KB, 2592x1936
>>30598682
*when being controlled by
>>
>>30598682
>1 VCO
>1
Lmao
>>
>>30598810
Oh fuck off

no one NEEDS more than 32 keys

Anyways, the Micromoog is incredibly powerful for what it is.... imo it can do just about anything a minimoog can do, minus some brassy sounds

Dat ribbon controller though, squeeeeee
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30598956
I'm just taking the piss dude, the micromoog is a good synth. I also picked up this bad boy the other week. Not my first analog poly, but the first one I have with knobs on it.
>>
>>30590334
Started shooting when I was 10, just an old bolt action .22 that my fudd grandfather had. But I loved it.

Only got to shoot .22 for years, got to shoot blackpowder and shotgun as well in the boy scouts. Wanted to shoot more often, but my grandfather is Canadian, my dad is Canadian and anti-gun, and I am an American living in Commiefornia trapped behind enemy lines.

So when I turned 18 I moved out and bought myself a Nugget back when they were about 100 bucks and a Mossberg 500. Eventually built an AR about a year later.

Then I turned 21 and bought a Glock 19, Sig 2022, and a few other odds and ends.

Then I graduated from university and got a job in a free state, abandoning those commie fucks in Cuckifornia for good. Feels good having actual rights, being able to own whatever the fuck i want, no registry, constitutional carry, and not being surrounding by braindead libtards.
>>
>>30591148
'09
>>
>>30590334
My step dad intruduced me to guns at a very young age. I might have been 6 or 7 and shot my very first 38. I don't remember which brand it was I do remember it was a snub nose. Been kind of caught up in the gun culture ever since. For what it's worth I'm 32 now and have 3 kids of my own.
>>
>>30599175
>I'm 32 now and have 3 kids
There are surgical procedures you can get to fix that.
>>
>>30599496
Lobotomies are expensive, though
>>
File: image.png (250 KB, 640x465) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250 KB, 640x465
>>30599514
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 800x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 800x283
>>30590334
My dad taught me to shoot right when I was a little kid, I just grew up around them and know that they aren't evil, so I guess that's why I'm pro gun
>>
>>30599523
Anon, I think the joke was only lost on you.
>>
File: 1430427156494.png (176 KB, 872x1000) Image search: [Google]
1430427156494.png
176 KB, 872x1000
>>30599523
lol do you not know the difference between a lobotomy and a vasectomy?

joke
(you)
>>
>>30590334
When I was a kid I saw the strong preying on the weak. Then i turned around and saw authority uncaring, incompetent, and oftentimes complicit. I realized then that personal freedom is only preserved through strength.
>>
>>30599930
lobotomy on the kids you dingus
>>
>>30590334
>offbyone
SIT DOWN, IT'S STORYTIME. ... Not really. Honestly, I've been pro-gun as long as I can remember. Maybe my teenage rebel spirit is still in me- my mother hated freedom. But I've always had the understanding that guns are tools, pieces of history and just plain fucking fun. Not inherently good or evil. I also believe in one very, very simple idea about the law and morality- no victim, no crime. If my owning a gun isn't actively hurting or threatening anyone, then by God, I should be allowed to do it!
>>
File: ewok retard.jpg (57 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
ewok retard.jpg
57 KB, 1024x512
>>30591664
for the best, you'll never see her old and saggy or pay alimony and just have fond memories of a qt3.14 shootings funs with you.
>>
>>30590334

Had a friend in elementary school who was super into guns/military. He would invite us to do milsim stuff in the woods behind his house all the time. Eventually turned half the guys in our class into wannabe operators.
>>
>>30596874
>winback
Ma nigga
>>
Moved in with my Grandparents a few years ago. Lots of break-ins and hear gunshots like every week. Decide I should get a gun. Take Grandfather out to the range and discover shooting guns is fun as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_8447.jpg (513 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8447.jpg
513 KB, 1632x1224
>>30590334
>>30591323
>>30594985
>>30593777
>>30594992
>>30598503

My fellow TD and synth brothers.
Just installed some wood panels for this.

What instilled my interest and appreciation of firearms was vidya, military history, the politics surrounding them, and -more recently- the engineering.
>>
>>30600726
>moogs with USB ports
Gross

I really want an old school sequencer to do some ratcheting on, but they are all too expensive....
>>
>>30600726
What other sints u got m808?

Do any live stuff, or just a bedroom producer? (no shame in that)

I've been trying solo sets, but the best money I can make is that I get $60 and two pitchers of beers.
>>
>>30600949
Never thought I would have a more interesting synth discussion on /k/ instead of /mu/. Then again, all of the peeps talking about production there are poorfags, and /k/ is usually richfags.
>>
>>30600949

>Gross usb port
Oh bugger off, I have no plans to use that. The Little Phatty was the last synth Bob Moog was a part of. It sounds gud. On the other side are 5 CV outs.
I've yet to buy an analog sequencer, but Doepfer's products have caught my eye.

>>30601025

I've only made music at school and home - much of it consisting of musical "sketches" and nothing yet that I'd feel confident releasing to the public. I need to practice and write more overall

Synths are: Moog LP, Roland JX-8P, Korg DW8000, Ensoniq ESQ-1 that is in need of a new battery, a glitched Korg DS-8, and a DX-7 with corrupt internal voices.
>>
>>30601510
>corrupt voices
Doesn't mean it's a bad thing!

TD had a fuse blow in one of their big modulars when they were recording rubycon (or maybe Phaedra?) and they didn't fix it because it made it sound cooler
>>
>>30601510
JX8P is a solid poly. I've got a JX-10 and it just an absolute monster of pads. Wish it wasn't such a bitch to program.

As per your ESQ-1, I'm sure the battery replacement is easier than you think. If it's a CR2032 battery, there's probably a battery holder you could solder in, making the next battery swap a cakewalk. That's what I did with my Yamaha TX-616.
>>
>>30601573

According to the label it came with, the DX-7 can only run off cartridges, but I have none. It has the Grey Matter upgrade in addition. I've no clue how to fix.

I wasn't aware of that TD tidbit, just the one during the Force Majeure sessions where a fuse in a mixer channel blew on Thru Metamorphic Rocks.
>>
>>30601730

I forgot to mention the JX-8P issues are non-functioning after touch (I can live without it) and a jacked edit slider, it prefers to be at 0 or quickly jump to 99 so I can't program it as is.
>>
>>30601771
If doesn't matter what has happened to your DX7, it can be used without cartridges. I would suggest looking into some patch librarian software or some software editor. Having the gray matter upgrade means you have the best you can get with a DX7, so do with it what you can.
>>
>>30601836
My JX-10 requires Thor level strength to activate, so you're certainly not alone. The data slider issue seems to be a bit more alien to me though. IIRC, you can send midi CCs and Sysex to work around that whereas the JX-10 can't receive those. If not, I'm guessing your only options are a PG-800 or a bottle of Deoxit and a lot of slider moving.
>>
>>30601510
The doepfer can ratchet pretty well https://youtu.be/Lh_9vUWPHoo
>>
>>30590334
First became interested after reading Matthew Reilly's Ice station.

Further research on world.guns.ru/ made it an obsession.

Saving up for the first one though.
>>
>>30602026

I bookmarked that some time ago and passed up a good deal on ebay for one. Lovely sound.

>>30601931
There are software imitations of the PG-800 controller for iPad so I've seen. I'll give Deoxit a try first.
>>
>Sandy Hook happens, I'm anti gun as fucc
>do some research to argue my anti gun points
>... shit
>all the evidence gradually nudges me over to the pro gun camp
>shoot for the first time, holy SHIT this is fun
>fast forward to now, own two rifles, looking at ARs, will get a handgun in August when I turn 21, now the most pro gun person I know
>>
File: 1365900979218.png (11 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1365900979218.png
11 KB, 633x758
>>30595557
>Mac will die in your lifetime
>>
File: Enfield EM 2.jpg (49 KB, 930x491) Image search: [Google]
Enfield EM 2.jpg
49 KB, 930x491
>>30590334

Sudden spark of interest on guns when I was like 9. Bought loads of airshit guns to satisfy myself and drew autistic gun pictures or tried to memorize how a particular rifle looks and try to perfectly replicate a drawing.

Then my interest turned into how they work and shit got real. I still don't know where it came from. But I just feel comfy and relaxed when I read or learn about fire arms.

It is also why I am becoming a mechanical engineer.
>>
>>30603767
Holy shit are you an alternate reality version of me. My story is exactly the same and also you posted a pic of my prototypu raifu.

We must merge.
>>
>>30596425
This. As fucking sappy as it sounds, your mom will love that shit. Shows you became an adult and an intelligent, grateful one at that, but it'll also remind her of all those years when you were a kid who needed his mommy, even though you didn't know it.

God dammit /k/. I came here to masturbate to funs, not feel.
>>
>>30596934
Hey, hope you can make it over here and maybe even move your mom out here one day. I know we're getting a reputation as almost xenophobic due to the way media is covering Trump, but most Americans I know here love the fuck out of foreigners who take a chance, move here and work hard.

Whenever you do get to move here, post your story with your mom again and let us know you made it to the states. Really rooting for you man. Mean no offense, but Brasil is not a place I would want to live, and I really hope you can get out of there ASAP.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 550x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 550x453
>>30603241
>>
Ever since i was a kid, i loved weapons and military equipment. In 3rd grade i read the military enyclopedias, two of which we had, one being about naval ships and engagments, and the other about tanks.

I learned a lot ever since then and it's safe to say that most of you guys here are complete retards.
>>
>>30597170
>inb4 Anon gets Full retard mp5's
>>
I don't recall ever being anti-gun. I never thought guns were the problem, it was always the people who used them the wrong way. I grew up dirt poor and in a dangerous city.

A year or two ago I decided I'd try to go back and finish school so I could move out and manage on my own (I actually wanted a gun to protect myself since the city I was gonna move to was dangerous). Then I moved to Texas and my parents suddenly got really patriotic for some reason and my dad bought like 3-4 pistols and my mom bought just one, and they said they would be fine if I got one and would pay for it since we're finally not poor anymore. Although I ended up buying all the parts to build my first computer instead, I'm now saving to get my first rifle.

I'm not sure what it is about guns that interests me so much. Computers and guns are the two things I obsess over, every single day I spend so much time looking at things about the two online.

With computers, people can be complete jackasses in the communities and either not help you or actually get you to damage your computer if you're new and inexperienced. I was surprised to see how friendly and helpful gun communities are, which may be one of the reasons I like guns.
>>
>>30604467
I wanted to keep this story separate:
>be kid
>can't have a real gun, so grandparents buy me a cheap pellet gun
>learn how to use it
>go out and shoot a squirrel and let my little sister come with me
>see squirrel sitting on broken tree branch low down on the tree
>shoot it
>falls to the ground
>happy because now mom can teach me how to make squirrel stew and the squirrel didn't have to suffer any pain
>get close
>it isn't dead but bleeding from the head
>start freaking the fuck out, keep trying to shoot it but even up close I'm such a shitty shot and shaking all over it doesn't hit, or at least doesn't kill
>go back home, tell grandparents what I did
>they both said "oh... goodness..." with the most disappointed tone and faces
>sometimes their reaction haunts my dreams

That little pellet gun was such shit but I had some fun times shooting cans and whatnot.
>>
>>30592268
>avenger
Your old man must be an air defender.
>>
>>30592902
I'll have to read up on that, I know some guys who actually turned down buying a gun from a private individual because they wanted to buy from a gunshow instead as they assumed the gunshow loophole was a thing.

Doctors, probably. I'm not a fan of letting dumb/insane people have guns and then cause problems. Why let people who are the reason why we can't have nice things into the gun-owner community?
>>
Shared this before, but it's been a while

>Be about 6-7
>Rabid Rakun in the yard, get dad
>He gets a little semi auto .22
>kills it
>We have a gun? Huh. Didn't know that
>Go back yo playing with/thinking about dinosaurs 24/7
>Forget all about gun
>FF to about 15ish
>Down in crappy, creepy basement looking for something
>Find gun
>It's completely ruined
>Stock rotted away, barrel rusted through, the works
>Be really bummed, I'm the oldest kid
>I'll never get to give my dad's gun to my oldest kid
>Instantly realize guns have more to them than just firing

Aaaaand now I won't shut up about them.
>>
Military aspirations and my dad doing the only thing he's done for me in my entire life and introducing me to hunting.
>>
>>30590381
Kinda the same for me. I was/still am super liberal. Used to be anti-gun cuz "guns are bad, m'kay." Joined the muhreens, went infantry. Pretty soon I just viewed a gun as any other tool. Now, I see them as a vital instrument for maintaining democracy. Still pretty liberal but much more in the classical sense with a strong nationalist bent. Went from supporting Bernie due to his trade, wage, and bank policies to a Trump supporter. I don't give two fucks about any of that race shit, I want fair pay for my work and I don't think some sniveling shit who shuffles numbers around should get away with robbing the average American or sending jobs overseas to get a 2% bump in the next quarters profits.
>>
>playing call of duty 4
>look up guns from game online
>holy shit, you can actually buy these?
>start reading gun reviews
>start wanting to buy guns
fin.
>>
>>30604792
Because regardless of how easy it is to get a gun, gun crimes are largely concentrated to shitty nigger neighborhoods where the majority of guns are likely stolen anyway.

Mass shootings are a statistical anomaly and are by far and away the most difficult kinds of gun violence to prevent as the majority of the shooters who are relatively successful are well above average intelligence and have no overt signs of homicidal tendencies up until the rampage.
>inb4 muh anti depressants
fuck off m8, if you genuinely think that nearly a tenth of the population should be deprived of their right to self defense because they're a little sad then you're not even worth arguing with.
>>
>>30599116
1909 was a good year. No one saw the war coming.
>>
Tremors
>>
Family was always pro 2a even if my dad was a bit of a fudd. Grandpa was fairly /k/ from what I could remember, he used to have a lot of guns but ended up giving a lot of them to my uncle. I became seriously pro 2a when I started studying history a politics and realized that government opression will always continue unless the population is armed.
>>
>>30592750
i'm tearing up
>>
>>30590334
It all beggined in 1995...
>>
File: tumblr_npnljuJRei1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg (79 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npnljuJRei1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg
79 KB, 500x517
>>30596425
Holy shit anon. The post you replied to made me feel a little but this one was rough
>>
>Be in boy scouts, shoot .22s
>Join Venture Scounts, Leader's bf takes all of us pistol shooting with his collection
>take hunter's safety

>Spring break this year
>go to gun store for shits and giggles, find out I can just buy a gun
>buy a gun

That's it. Family is pretty liberal, but not retarded. Mum has no issues with my guns, be she was always open. Doesn't care that I smoke weed either.
>>
>>30609074
cont.

What really got me into guns was the culture at surplus shops and on /k/ and weekendgunnit

/k/ specifically got me to look at the numbers and reasonings behind gun ownership

I went and bought a nugget, I now sleep with it
>>
File: nonstopwarfare.jpg (218 KB, 1359x700) Image search: [Google]
nonstopwarfare.jpg
218 KB, 1359x700
>>30590334
I became a "gun guy" at the age of 7.

My dad showed me his Ruger MK II and told me we were going to go and shoot it. I told him I was scared and didn't want to, as school had indoctrinated me to feel that way.

Dad told me to stop being a pussy and to get in the fucking truck.

When we got to our shooting site, I pulled the trigger for the first time and I was struck with murderous fervor in an instant. I proceeded to dump the entire magazine in a few seconds.

I loved guns ever since and never doubted them again. Thanks, Dad.
>>
Learning about the American Revolution when I was in middle school made me a gun guy. I've become a lot more vocal recently and trying dispel the idea that the 2nd amendment is just for hunting or self defense. It's another check and balance for the people to protect them from the government
>>
File: Box1.png (75 KB, 288x218) Image search: [Google]
Box1.png
75 KB, 288x218
>Grow up as full on Britbong NoGuns "WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN" fagtron
>Love westerns
>Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name is secretly my ultimate fantasy.
>Father is a U.S Citizen, entitled to citizenship before the age of 18
>go through all the legal bullshit and become a citizen of the US
>Attend Uni in the USA and eventually settle in Texas
>Realize I can live out my spaghetti western fantasy
>Embrace this liberating feeling
>Start browsing /k/ to get an idea of what gun I should get

and the rest is history.
>>
Raised in ca, never had guns or ever got to shoot them aside from Boy Scout camp. I had airsoft guns and drooled over some promotional catalog from H&K that I somehow got ahold of. Fast forward to just out of high school got into the wrong crowd and had a terrifying night of doing coke with a couple low level meth head drug dealers. One guy was a straight up sociopath out on parole who talked to me about 2 people he brained with a shotgun in Botched B&E attempt.

After that night I stopped hanging with those people and started looking up the best guns to have for self defense, just in case I ever met anyone else like them.
Kinda snowballed after that, I got my shit together, have a career, a finance and an a passion for collecting and shooting guns.

Probably would have ended up a gun nut anyway since I always was fascinated as a kid, but that night stands out as the catalyst to my hobby.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.