[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My form 3 cleared just in time for my new can to arrive, today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
My form 3 cleared just in time for my new can to arrive, today. Mailing the form 4 off first thing tomorrow morning.

Anybody else here getting in just under the wire?
>>
>>30589591
I'm submitting 5 form 1s tonight, I had 3 form 3s clear last Thursday, so I got those Form 4s out last Friday.

Whatcha getting?

I did a GM22, a GM45, and a PSA Megalith 762 for my factory built stuffs.

I've also dropped $1400 on ammo on the assumption that availability is going to be shit for all of 2017. It's been an expensive week or so.
>>
Mailed a paper form 4 Friday.

All I get from the ATF is the server error message.
>>
>>30589662
But it looks like I might end up mailing my Form 1s, the system looks like it's still hanging up.
>>
>>30589591
non NFA anon here, so , like, do you actually get a "stamp" you have to affix to the NFA item, or is it just on paperwork?
>>
>>30589662
good luck "coincidentally" the servers are down. and they are kicking back forms left and right for absolute bullshit
>>
>>30589662
RAT Worx ZRX for my Tavor 9mm. Affordably priced considering it'll be integral to the gun. I'd wanted to get an Aklys KSG-SS, too, but they've kept me waiting on another non-NFA order for over nearly three months, now, and I'm seriously reconsidering whether or not I want to do business with them again in the future; I was kinda hoping to have the adapter lug and strike plate in hand before I committed to such an expensive piece of hardware.
>>
>>30589708
The stamp is affixed to the paperwork but, yes, it's an actual stamp and you have to have a copy of it with the registered weapon or device at all times. Surprise, another progressive government solution from the 1930s.
>>
>>30589708
The stamp is on the paperwork.

Then you keep the paperwork in a safe place and keep a copy of the paperwork in your safe and in your range bag.
>>30589713
I think it's traffic. It lets me log in, it just pukes trying to load the E-Form
>>
File: yeah ok.jpg (317 KB, 2364x718) Image search: [Google]
yeah ok.jpg
317 KB, 2364x718
>>30589765
if even if you get it in they will probably just do this. I just got this an hour ago
>>
>>30589708
on paperwork. you get an actual stamp back on your completed form 4 paperwork in the top right corner.

>>30589591
I didn't get it under the wire but I made sure to get one in at least before the deadline. picked up a DA Mask early last month, but it has been 4 weeks supposedly since it was shipped out and I havent received notification that my check cashed from my dealer which is supposed to be tits from all accounts, CA. I guess I got spoiled to the amount of info I'd get from SS before they stopped doing sales directly.
>>
>>30589783
well they're right, the model is SR-15 not SR-15 SBR. Do it right and you shouldn't have a problem
>>
>>30589817
This. It's bullshit, but it's legitimate bullshit - and at least you found out, now, instead of two days from now.
>>
So I read the ATF's site about 41F, but all the legalese and my lack of sleep glazed my eyes over. Explain to me in layman's terms what this means for people?
>>
>>30589829
>>30589817
it was a fucking option on their own drop down menu of choices
>>
>>30589783
All my Form 1 applications are for items that are currently just base materials and not finished firearms.
>>
>>30589838
more paperwork
>>
>>30589838
You have to submit passport photos and fingerprint cards for every trustee and beneficiary of your trust, so the only advantage of even having a trust is that you still don't need your jurisdiction's Chief Law Enforcement Officer's approval to effect the transfer - the requirement is now that they be notified, not that they approve.
>>
>>30589838
Used to be that you needed to get CLEO approval (as in he was allowed to deny you arbitrarily) to register an item as an individual.

To get around that, you registered your item to a trust, and then you didn't need to get CLEO approval or submit a fingerprint card+passport photo.

Plus the trust let you legally borrow your stuff to other trustees listed on your trust.

Starting Wednesday, your local CLEO won't be able to arbitrarily deny your application as an individual, but everyone on your trust will need to submit a passport photo and a fingerprint card.

I've got 9 people on my trust. It took us two weeks just to get everyone notarized. Organizing a fingerprint card and photo for everyone would be nigh impossible (that and I've literally never been fingerprinted, not even as an infant, unless you count smeared finger paint, and I don't want to get fingerprinted for this).
>>
>>30589880
41p eliminates CLEO approval, now it's simply CLEO notification.

The benefit to the trust is being able to borrow someone a NFA weapon.

Like if my mom has problems with raccoons or something, I'll be able to borrow her my .22 can so she can get rid of the varmints without spooking the horses that live in the same barn the raccoons keep breaking into.
>>
>>30589746
You dont have to keep the paperwork with the nfa item all the time. That is a bold faced fudd tier lie.

You nust be abke to produce the paperwork within a reasonable time if an ATF agent requests it.

Only an ATF agent or investigator may ask for it.

To be polite to local douche bags i keep a reduced size photo copy of my forms in my shooting bag. My actual forms are in my safety deposit box at the bank.
>>
>>30589880
>>30589938
>>30589913

So taken altogether with 41F and 41P, it means its now easier to get NFA weapons as an individual, because you no longer need CLEO approval, but its now much harder to use a trust to freely transfer NFA items because you have to have everybody in the trust give photos and prints.

What prompted the change? What made them get butthurt about trusts?
>>
>>30590157
>What prompted the change?
The fact that Barry could do it without Congress.
>>
>>30589839
Those are just what people have done in the past; not what is correct or is acceptable. Fucking retarded but that's what it is.
>>
>>30590157

"People could use them to buy the most dangerous weapons available, without a background check!"

- B. Obama And Co.
>>
>>30590157
Obama needed to give his base something to celebrate.

Question for NFA veterans:
Can I pay with a card on a mailed Form 1?

I'd like to, because I'm going to have to pay interest on my June credit card purchases if I wipe out my checking mailing checks to the .Gov.
>>
>>30590179
>>30590208
I want the ATF to stop existing.
>>
>>30590237
Credit cards didn't exist in 1934, so... no. No, you may not.
>>
>>30590249
The fbi would just do all the work instead.
>>
>>30590270
There's a check box for Credit card on the form.

They even include Diner's Club, lol.

I know they'll accept cards electronically, but I'm worried I might need to mail these.
>>
>>30590316
>>30590270
>>30590237
OK, so TTAG says yes, you can pay with card on a paper form.
>>
>>30590237
Yes but it is a stupid idea (lot of numbers to gwt put in wrong, this is the gov.) Just use a check.
>>
>>30589591
>being a stamp cuck
>>
>>30590555
>being poor
Your trips can't hide the truth, poorfag.
>>
>>30590476
Well if you type like that, I can see the risk.
>>
>>30589995
that depended upon the state you were in. in some states like Texas before they changed DTP laws it was in your best interest to keep that info otherwise you could be arrested for having those illegal items.
>>
>>30590617
Jokes on you. I am a government employee.

I make sure airplanes/trains/busses dont crash. And investigate when they do
>>
>>30589783
>>30589817
Technically you could engrave "SBR" following the currently engraved model number "SB-15," and it would be correct. They're wrong to kick it back because they don't know what you've engraved on your receiver, but you're also stupid for trying to put SBR on there in the first place.

Like this other fag said, at least they made static early so you could get it corrected in time.
>>
File: ye.jpg (776 KB, 1886x1060) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
776 KB, 1886x1060
I got all this in before 41f kicked in.

>YHM 7.62 phantom

>Tactical Solutions Axiom .22lr

>Mystic X

>Gemtek Trek 5.56

>(pictured) SD Tactical build-your-own suppressor. for my AK, but on my rfb ATM. Cheap at $300 + stamp.

>2 ar15 lowers, form 1. One for 300 blk, one for 556

>sbr'd my slr-107ur
>>
File: ATF and Cigars.jpg (563 KB, 1919x1081) Image search: [Google]
ATF and Cigars.jpg
563 KB, 1919x1081
>>30589591
Waiting on a Form 4 for my Hybrid can in Feb. Just did a form 1 on the 11th of July to SBR my baby. These all will be great xmas gifts! hope they come before deer season.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.