[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AA-12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: HAMMER Unmanned Defense System.jpg (2 MB, 2551x1634) Image search: [Google]
HAMMER Unmanned Defense System.jpg
2 MB, 2551x1634
What does /k/ think of the AA-12? Give your thoughts and opinions.
>>
Nobody here has or ever will fire one. Pointless thread
>>
>>30589569
Well, that sucks.
>>
>>30589556

From what I have read the designer is a moron and thinks it would be a suitable replacement for the M249 or any light machine gun role. Saiga/Vepr shotguns seem to be superior as far as they weigh less and can accommodate a folding buttsock.
>>
>>30589625

*buttstock
>>
>>30589639
Somehow I completely missed that typo, despite being a huge grammar nazi.
>>
Thread has died, rip.
>>
>>30589625
God dammit now I want to buy a buttsock.
>Is of winter
>Old man winter is gnawing your body raw
>Except for your angus. It is wrapped firmly and warmly in its buttsock.
>The buttsock is the true meaning of comfort.
>>
>>30590466
But it hasn't. The buttsock will warm this thread back into normal bodily temperatures. If we believe in the buttsock we will all have warm winter morning poo's
>>
since we r on the topic of shotguns, anyone no if a benelli m4 is worth the price?
>>
>>30589556
Pretty boss when you need Terry Crews to take out some guard towers.
>>
>>30590553
what's the point when you can get a superior vepr
>>
>>30590580
This, the vepr has killed everything. The only thing it's lacking is a drum mag but they're working on that. The only reason to buy a benelli is if you have a hard on for that collapsible stock of theirs which is totally a valid reason and if you're looking for that specific formfactor the classic shotgun silhouette if you will. By the way i have read several times over that the m2 is a better buy than the m4.
>>
>>30590482
I think tighty whities are butt socks.
>>
>>30589625

The saiga and vepr types are a pain in the ass to tune to the ammo.
>>
>>30589556
Spas 15 is superior in all ways
>>
>>30589556
Pointless. Probably fun.
>>
>>30589625
>thinks it would be a suitable replacement for the M249 or any light machine gun role
Yeah that sounds pretty stupid.
>hey guys we swapped your LMGs
>for something with 1/4 the capacity

With FRAG-12 it's kind of interesting but the 12ga can't hold enough explosives to be really useful. The XM25 is already the forerunner of small AGLs so it's too late to convert the AA12 to a bigger round
>>
>>30592611
Asspained? Why not treat it with the soothing warmth of a buttsock?
>>
I think its neat. I also think its so ugly that it is pretty in its own way.
>>
>>30589556
I heard the recoil management on them is actually a technical marvel, but the world has been ready for automatic shotguns for too long to be excited anymore
>>
File: API blowback.png (50 KB, 953x366) Image search: [Google]
API blowback.png
50 KB, 953x366
>>30589556
As an engineer I find it (and the Becker-type API blowback system that it employs) to be absolutely fascinating and brilliant. No better recoil-buffering arrangement on Earth, frankly. That said, a full-auto 12 gauge does seem rather pointless.
>>
File: 500px-Franchi_spas15.jpg (16 KB, 500x167) Image search: [Google]
500px-Franchi_spas15.jpg
16 KB, 500x167
>>30589556
SPAS 15 is better.
>>
>>30593405
this system is fucking retarded and required the barrels to be extremely short on the mk108 cannons used on the me262 which contributed to their horribly (hilariously) short effective range for a jet-powered aircraft nearly negating the benefits of jet craft in the first place and making engaging the slower non-jet aircraft a nightmare..

it's the pinnacle of retarded german over-engineering.
>>
>>30592634
they're actually kind of flimsy..

>>30593405
clearly not an engineer
>What is 20mm Polsten gun
>What is every American autocannon buffer in existence
>>
>Fully automatic 12 gauge

Why? For what military purpose would such a tool offer? It's bulky and excessive for breaching which is the last widespread domain for shotguns in the military.

Having a pump action is very important for police usage so low grain less lethal loads can be used so obviously an autoloader would be detrimental.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd love to have one because it's fucking cool but I can't pretend that it's better than any 600 dollar SAIGA that I could buy anywhere without selling my soul to the ATF so I could get an unobtainium shotgun.
>>
>>30589556
>556
But it's a shit weapon, brah. It seems fuckin' awesome on the surface because, I'll be honest, just the phrase "fully automatic shotgun" is pretty badass. But if you think for five minutes, it has untold issues. For one thing, semi-auto is fine for room clearing and other CQC engagements with shotties- full auto is a waste of ammo with something like this. Additionally, how many spare drums do you really think you can carry for this weapon? Realistically, how many rounds are you bringing to the operation in magazines like that? Moreover, as a mounted vehicle weapon system... It'll eventually need to be reloaded. And by eventually, I mean real fucking quick. Are you the one poking your god damn head out to do that?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.