[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spent Casings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Shell_Casings.jpg (703 KB, 2156x1548) Image search: [Google]
Shell_Casings.jpg
703 KB, 2156x1548
What does /k/ do with all their spent casings?

I would like to reload them, but I can't justify buying the kit I would want.

I tried my LGS to see if he wants to buy them, but he said that .223 prices are so low that I should wait until there is a shortage.

I'm also not comfortable to let somebody else reload my ammo just for safety reasons.

What do?
>>
Keep them in a big bag and beat intruders with it.
>>
Reload some 12 gauge shell with it
>>
post ads on local equipment exchanges, the bulletin board at your local range, etc.

what reloading setup are you not wanting to buy?
>>
>>30589187
There was some dude on YouTube who melted a bunch into brass knuckles. I suppose you could adapt that work to other projects.
>>
freedom munitions will give you credit for them if you mail them in, but reloads are gross.

im trying to fill up a 5 gallon bucket with them, then sell them or reload them.
>>
>>30589210
I've got about 1500 casings. It would probably be better to drop it on somebodys head outside of the door.
>>
>>30589187
Find a reloading group on fb and sell them
>>
Pick all my Brass and nickel plated brass up and toss into bags by caliber to someday reload. Steel for my commie rifles stays on the ground where it falls. Between 5.56/.223, 9mm, .40 S&W, .380 ACP, .357 Magnum, and 10mm, I probably have 500 spent casings bagged up.
>>
worse case scenario, you can take them to private recycling places that buy scrap metal. you get less than you would if you were selling to a reloader, but still, its cash in hand.
if youve got the space for them, its a good idea to save your brass. you never know.
>>
>>30589272
Not 500, 50k. Fucking phone autocorrect.
>>
>>30589225
I was thinking of getting a Dillon Press but I don't have a very diverse caliber of guns. .223, 9mm, .357 mag, .270, and soon getting a 10mm.

>>30589228
The art shit looks cool, but I don't have the patience or time to do that stuff.
>>
>>30589296
Yeah, it's only a logical choice if you have the stuff on hand to melt brass, though the way the guy cast it (technically poured) was easy as fuck.
>>
>>30589228
Kys faggot
>>
>>30589345
Kikfag? iPads away at the moment, I'll snag it eventually so I can respond to you lovingly.
>>
>>30589378
N-no...
>>
>>30589321
Doesn't melting brass produce a gas that will fuck you up?
>>
File: wall (1).jpg (2 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
wall (1).jpg
2 MB, 4320x3240
not mine but heres another idea
>>
File: wall (2).jpg (2 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
wall (2).jpg
2 MB, 4320x3240
>>30589465
>>
>>30589425
Just let him do it, his death would be a blessing
>>
I collect all my brass on a tarp for easy collection. I keep them and reload them. Steel cased I collect and just toss so it doesn't litter the range.

If I find brass for a caliber I don't reload I clean it in my tumbler and when I have enough I sell or trade it to somebody who does reload it.
>>
Other than using a tarp what're good ways/rpoducts for collecting your brass in a tidy manner? I've heard of brass magnets but I don't believe my local range would approve of collecting the spent brass on the deck.
>>
>>30590928
shooting wheelguns
>>
>>30589223
Does hat give me more bullet per bullet?
>>
Since I shoot a revolver, I just eject the rounds onto the table in front of me, and when the table gets to crowded I just push them off into the range
I'm sure the range owners don't mind
>>
i collect them and make Chess Boards.
>>
>>30589465
>>30589488
that is really neat
>>
>>30589425
Depends how hot you get the brass. If you are getting a lot of white smoke off of it your brass is too hot and releasing zinc oxide which is toxic. I was taught you should be able to braze without getting white smoke or zinc buildup on your work.
>>
>>30591134
Pics?
>>
>>30589187
Melt them down and make decor with them.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS949QQDtWQ
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.