[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Academy puilling Modern Sporting Arms from the store shelves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: MSA.jpg (32 KB, 660x329) Image search: [Google]
MSA.jpg
32 KB, 660x329
So I'm hearing Academy is following WallyWorld, and pulling Modern Sporting Rifles off the retail shelves.

I was in my local Academy last week, and I don't think they had received the order yet. But I also note I can't find any on their website anymore.

On another note, they're reportedly going to database info on peeps who buy more than a few boxes of ammo.

On yet another note, my local store isn't restocking spam cans, and those seem to be dropping off their website as well.

Slow motion gun control is in effect, it seems.

In a final ironic twist, the captcha was "Storefronts"
>>
I work at the gun bar at my local academy sports.
By pulling "modern sporting rifles" off the shelf, we moved them to the gun vault. All you have to do is ask to see one of them, and we're more than happy to put one out for you.
Whoever invented the myth that we put your name on a list for buying ammo is retarded.

Any other questions?
>>
>>30589035
>I work at the gun bar at my local academy sports.

>>30589035
>I work at the gun bar at my local academy sports.
>By pulling "modern sporting rifles" off the shelf, we moved them to the gun vault.

Will they still be advertised? If not, why?

Why remove them from academy.com?

Where did the spam cans go?
>>
>>30589035
How much do sp101s go for?
>>
>>30589062
We have more spam cans than we've ever had at my Academy. All calibers. And they even have bricks of .22 at decent prices.
>>
>>30589035
Can confirm. Friend of mine from local store said of the same thing. He thinks they might be back on display in a few months. Corporate is being a bit twitchy basically.
>>
>>30589062
It's corporate's reaction to the Orlando shooting. They'll be back on the shelf probably in about a month.
They were advertised in our hot deal advertisement probably the week we pulled them off, but because liberals are known for being cunts corporate wants to prevent any soccer mom outrages. Spoiler, it didn't work.
We still have a shit ton of spam cans though, freedom buckets and what not.
>>30589074
Can't remember off the top of my head, probably at a half decent price.
>>
>>30589084
>We have more spam cans than we've ever had at my Academy.

Maybe, who knows. But WRT Modern Sporting Arms:

>Will they still be advertised? If not, why?
>Why remove them from academy.com?
>>
>>30589134
Directly responding to:

>Where did the spam cans go?

If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question
>>
>>30589149
>>Where did the spam cans go?
>If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question

There are literally no spam cans in my local Academy, other than 9mm Monarch. All the .308 is gone, all the .54R is gone. .54R is also now expunged from the Academy website, even though it was Monarch, made in Serbia for Academy.

Why?
>>
>>30589134
>Will they still be advertised? If not, why?
By word of mouth, practice at our store is pretty much us talking to the customer about guns, then going "oh by the way we still sell MSR". But as for advertised in "our ad" along with other sales items, not for probably another month
>Why remove them from academy.com?
Corporate sucks cock
>There are literally no spam cans in my local Academy, other than 9mm Monarch. All the .308 is gone, all the .54R is gone. .54R is also now expunged from the Academy website, even though it was Monarch, made in Serbia for Academy.
Not sure about the website, but I just stocked many spam cans the other night. We still have 54r, freedom buckets of .223/5.56 and that. No .308 as far as I remember. Stocking ammo is a bitch.
>>
Bitch move. Should have put them closer to the front of the store. Gonna avoid Academy if I can help it now.
>>
>>30589185
Weird. My store in Texas has boxes of the stuff. Perhaps a supply issue?
>>
>>30589315
I'm in Texas, too. Mountains of ammo here.
>>
>>30589315
>Weird. My store in Texas has boxes of the stuff. Perhaps a supply issue?
>>30589375
>I'm in Texas, too. Mountains of ammo here.

Caliber?

I'm really curious.
>>
>>30589315
>My store in Texas has boxes of the stuff
>>30589375
>I'm in Texas, too. Mountains of ammo here.

What do you guys have in spam cans though? Not just little boxes.
>>
>>30589549
9mm, 380, 45, 357, 10mm, 38SPL, 556, 223, 54R, 308, 762, BMG, 762 NATO, 5.7, S&W 500, and much more
>>
>>30589549
Let's see
>50 round boxes of 22 on shelves, no limit
>Bricks/buckets of .22 behind the counter, 1 per person, ~$0.07 a round when you include tax
>Ammo cans of 5.56, 55 and 62 grain
>Spam cans of 9mm, .223, .308, 7.62x39, and others
>Shotgun shells out the ass
>Plenty of the standard pistol calibers in boxes and bricks

All in all, there are about 3 rows, top to bottom, worth of ammo in my local Academy
>>
>>30589622
Hell there's new boxes of 25, 32, and bricks of 22 but at a 3 a person limit. Fucking hoarders.
>>
>>30589641
1k limit of .22lr at my store, 500 on .22mag
A literal fuck ton of every other caliber.
>>
>>30589699
Noice. I stocked up on 22lr so I'm good for a month or three.
>>
>>30589699
>>30589641
>>30589640

Meh, boxes of whatever.

Why are spam cans of 54R no longer available on the site though?

Especially when it was made for Academy?

Texas is getting cucked, at least at Academy.

And, all black rifles are pulled from the shelves and the website.

Academy has gone "Tails between the legs" / Cheaper than dirt squish, and doubled down on it. Admit it.
>>
>>30589215
Academy ceo is a man that enjoys penis. He toured a store i worked at and it was very apparent.
>>
>>30589011
Wal-Mart didn't do it because they weren't profitable to keep in store on their retarded margins. At the same time they pulled them from store shelves they also rolled out more redesigned gun counters and started pimping their online special order catalog.

Academy, I know nothing about since we don't have any around here.
>>
>>30589772
Academy has 54r spam cans?
I've literally never seen 54r there in the first place, let alone spam cans.
McKinney and Sherman stores btw.
>>
>>30589772
SGAmmo doesn't even have much 54r. What makes you think Academy is gonna have spam cans?
>>
>>30589772
How about you leave your house and go out in public to the brick and mortar store?
>>
>>30589603
One 54R spam can is around 350 I think.
>>
>>30589062
>>30589185
>>30589603
>>30589772

Why are you so concerned about academy selling spam cans of a caliber most academy shoppers don't shoot?
>>
Spam cans are gone because what is left of surplus is in Ukraine and they want it to fight vatniks.
>>
File: 1468270758401.jpg (192 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1468270758401.jpg
192 KB, 1280x853
The 5.45 in Ukraine is banned from import, they could sell us all their old stock and make new ammo that doesn't make a fucking smoke-screen when you shoot it.

But no, thanks Obummer.
>>
>>30589772
The Academy in Nashville Tennessee didn't have ammunition at all, I went there being familiar with the name from /k/, to my great dismay it was just a faggy sports store for kids.

Welcome to the rest of America's pain, gents.
>>
>>30593120
That sounds like a backwards ass Academy. 1/4 of my local store in Austin is dedicated to guns, ammo, and accessories like choke tubes and gun furniture. And the fishing section is staffed by the gun counter.
>>
>>30592771
361 here
I know several Fudds who hunt deer/hog with SKS, 54R and Type 99s (wtf) yet will bitch me out for suggesting 556 for deer/hog hunting.
>>
>>30593163
Are you further inland or on the coast? Never met someone who shoots surp on the coast but I wouldn't be surprised if the south Texas plains use mosins or 99's.
>>
>>30589011
Academy did this back in 2012, it's nothing new.

They pull the MSRs off the shelf because corporate wants to play it safe and not have pearl clutchers raise a fuss. When things calm down, they put the rifles back on display.
>>
>>30593181
Corpus area.
There's a few WW2 era milsurp shooters around the area but finding a W2 milsurp in good shape for sale is a royal BITCH and a half. I haven't even seen a Mosin in at least six years. There's a gun show in aransas pass this weekend though so maybe I'll get lucky.
>>
>>30593215
>pearl clutchers raise a fuss
Sounds like baptists.
>>
>>30593217
Y'all are worse off than the Austin area then. The shop owner retired 4 months ago but I had an LGS I'd drive to from Hays County and he always stocked milsurp bolt actions as fast as he could get them and he never price gouged. I think now the only place you can find them is pawn shops and the Buda Cabela's.
I've never seen 512 Academy stock milsurp rifles, and while I never looked hard, I never saw cans of 54r sold on the rifle ammo shelf.
Good luck at Aransas Pass, how are the beaches right now? If there's no red tide I'm overdue for a kayak trip to Matagorda.
>>
>>30593253
I think it's mostly people clinging to the bolt actions because they like them or not selling them outside guns shows.
Buda cabela is nice but they always price a hundred fucking bucks over it seems like.
Nah academy doesn't do milsurp as far as I know.
>>
>>30593273
Here's a tip for next time at Buda Cabela's, they'll price match anyone in the county or within 20 miles if they have the gun in stock.
>>
>>30593281
Thanks I'll keep that in mind.
Oh right >>30593253
Beaches are pretty good. Tourists are slowly leaving thank god.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.